Dragon Age Inquisition MEGATHREAD!

Just got the game last night and having a blast as expected :P  Since there seems to be quite a few threads for DA:I floating around, I thought maybe a single thread would be better for discussion as well as for searching for clues/tips etc

One thing I immediately noticed was that the cutscenes are locked at 30fps but look more like 15fps due to the terribad stuttering for some absurd reason.  But fear not, there is a fix for it!

Hey Everyone, These are tutorials that I created to fix the 30fps Cutscene/Dialogue Framerate lock for the PC Version of Dragon Age: Inquisition. I hope they help!

My Video Tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q70DxlW0nb0

Desktop Shortcut Tutorial:

Step 1: Go to where you installed Dragon Age: Inquisition and right click on the main exe then make a shortcut

Step 2: Move the shortcut to your desktop

Step 3: Optional Rename Shortcut to Dragon Age Inquisition

Step 4: Right click on shortcut select Properties

Step 5: In the Target Directory Box navigate all the way to the end press the Spacebar and Paste

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

Step 6: Click Apply, Launch and Enjoy!

Origin Tutorial:

Step 1: Boot up Origin

Step 2: Right Click on Dragon Age: Inquisition and select Game Properties

Step 3: Paste

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

Step 4: Click Ok then Click Play and Enjoy!

Important! Make sure you have the latest Nvidia & AMD drivers installed as this can help eliminate other problems not related to the Fix.

Bugs & Fixes: (Will be updated when Issues and Fixes arise)

Will cause problems with Multiplayer, To use fps fix: run the game from the modified shortcut and to play Multiplayer mode: run the game through Origin (without the command line).

Applying the fix before character creation can sometimes make your character end up loading into a fiery rocky area with no escape after the Cutscene. You can avoid this by either skipping the Cutscene, or by enabling the fix after you create your character. Last Resort Go into my documents and delete the saves/profiles and then start a new game and it should be fixed

If your FPS is dropping and fluctuating causing CTD's just adjust the ingame graphics settings to balance Visual Quality and Performance.

Source : http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2mm319/dragon_age_inquisition_30fps_cutscene_framerate/

If that doesn't work for you, right click on DA:I in Origins and disable Origins Online.  This last step made it work for me and the cutscenes are now glorious 60fps!  The first few cutscenes after applying it didn't work but after 1-2 cutscenes it's now 60fps for everything :D

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I just really don't really like the fact that you really need to have a party in order to finish a hard quest. You don't have much freedom playing the game compared to Skyrim. Also, the cities/towns feels empty for me. I rarely hear people talk to each other. Hell, you can't even go through them while they're talking.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

I just really don't really like the fact that you really need to have a party in order to finish a hard quest. You don't have much freedom playing the game compared to Skyrim. Also, the cities/towns feels empty for me. I rarely hear people talk to each other. Hell, you can't even go through them while they're talking.

The whole point of DA really is the party though.  It's a core system since Origins O.o

The whole point of DA really is the party though.  It's a core system since Origins O.o

It was my fault that I didn't played the past DA games. I just jumped right in without knowing about the gameplay. I thought it was a "do whatever you want, the way you want" world but I was wrong. 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

It was my fault that I didn't played the past DA games. I just jumped right in without knowing about the gameplay. I thought it was a "do whatever you want, the way you want" world but I was wrong. 

Yeah, DA and Skyrim are pretty different kind of games :P You should have watched some trailers though, DA:I had a stupid amount of videos out pre-launch, so many that it got to a point I no longer cared to watch cos I knew I would like the game anyway.  If your purchase is under the 24 hour window, you can still get a refund from Origin.

Yeah, DA and Skyrim are pretty different kind of games :P You should have watched some trailers though, DA:I had a stupid amount of videos out pre-launch, so many that it got to a point I no longer cared to watch cos I knew I would like the game anyway.  If your purchase is under the 24 hour window, you can still get a refund from Origin.

I'll keep it. I just need to adjust to it. I still haven't ventured enough I guess. Hinterland is bae. haha

I'll keep it. I just need to adjust to it. I still haven't ventured enough I guess. Hinterland is bae. haha

I'm barely past the part where the Inquisition gets reborn lol xD

I'm barely past the part where the Inquisition gets reborn lol xD

Oh god. Haha! What type of inquisitor did you pick?

Oh god. Haha! What type of inquisitor did you pick?

Same thing I always do in every RPG, ever.  Ranger/Hunter type.  And if a Dwarf is available, that's what I'd pick.  So a Dwarf bow Rogue :D

People are soloing it all on nightmare. 

People are soloing it all on nightmare. 

Just the main character?

Yep xD, a Shield Mage with Knight Enchanter spec and a rDPS Rouge with Sin spec are the two I've seen. 

Just the main character?

Yep xD, a Shield Mage with Knight Enchanter spec and a rDPS Rouge with Sin spec are the two I've seen. 

I'm not gonna do that..nobody is gonna tank my shit as a bow ranger xD  That pathetic *thwip* *thwip* and dealing abysmal damage... xD

If you call 3k hits abysmal or killing high dragons with your ult xD Rogue melee damage output is by far the worst early to mid game, not too sure about end game. But yeah. Being a bow ranger isn't that mate mate, you may even enjoy it haha. KE (mage) is the strongest class, warrior is the most balanced. Rogue is only really viable as an archer.

I'm not gonna do that..nobody is gonna tank my shit as a bow ranger xD  That pathetic *thwip* *thwip* and dealing abysmal damage... xD

If you call 3k hits abysmal or killing high dragons with your ult xD Rogue melee damage output is by far the worst early to mid game, not too sure about end game. But yeah. Being a bow ranger isn't that mate mate, you may even enjoy it haha. KE (mage) is the strongest class, warrior is the most balanced. Rogue is only really viable as an archer.

Well considering I just hit lvl 2, I totally expect to be some awesome weaksauce shit now xD

xD enjoy man. It's such a fun game. I'm lvl 18 been playing all week. Doing all the side missions. I even got so into the story I had to go watch Dawn of the Seeker lol. :P new love for Cassandra <3 brilliant story telling also. Make sure you flesh out your companion story lines once in a while. Goodluck!

Well considering I just hit lvl 2, I totally expect to be some awesome weaksauce shit now xD

I'm loving my party and Inquisitor it shouldn't work but it does, I'm playing a Tal-Vashoth two handed warrior, with The Iron Bull who is Ben Hassrath so they shouldn't get along, Varric who witnessed the Qunari in Kirkwall, and Dorian who is from Tevinter who have been at war with the Qun for two hundred years, some of their conversations are brilliant  :D

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Lol you're doing it right xD

I'm loving my party and Inquisitor it shouldn't work but it does, I'm playing a Tal-Vashoth two handed warrior, with The Iron Bull who is Ben Hassrath so they shouldn't get along, Varric who witnessed the Qunari in Kirkwall, and Dorian who is from Tevinter who have been at war with the Qun for two hundred years, some of their conversations are brilliant  :D

Just a little bit of a PSA., make sure you don't sell your "research items" they appear yellow in color and are automatically put in valuables. It's too easy to just press sell all and forget about some of the stuff you're actually selling is. You can turn your research items in at your home base. Just a friendly tip haha. They add up, by end game you're dealing significantly more damage against some creatures because of it.

Lol you're doing it right xD

Just a little bit of a PSA., make sure you don't sell your "research items" they appear yellow in color and are automatically put in valuables. It's too easy to just press sell all and forget about some of the stuff you're actually selling is. You can turn your research items in at your home base. Just a friendly tip haha. They add up, by end game you're dealing significantly more damage against some creatures because of it.

Don't worry doing that given quite a few away for research

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

I wish the lootable stuff showed up at a greater distance instead of almost having to be on top of them before the appear ):