Audiophiles help!

Like many other people have said, I would go for the HD 600. Unless you listen to a lot of classical music. Then I would go HD 650. The 600 series headphones pair very nicely with the Xonar Essence cards. Anything better then them, the sound card would be a bottleneck.

ShearMe already said pretty much what I was going to say 2 posts above this one. Burn-in is fairly negligible. I used to think burn-in was a thing too because that's what Jlabs audio told me when I bought their IEMs. I tried it and couldn't hear a difference. I haven't heard a difference in any of my other numerous headphones after burn-in either.

I think you missed a beat bro. Wizzie and Dude have some bad blood from other topics.

I never thought he was spouting the ra ra burn in story, but I have to disagree with everyone even when they completely agree with me (ie ShearMes obscure humor).

Yes, if OP can score one used for a good price, why the heck not? Besides, used cans are already 'burnt in' so you don't have to waste time burning them in. My HD800 and Beyer DT990/600 and the soon to be had Audeze LCD2.2 are used, fact is, other than the HD555, Klipsch Image One BT, Ety ER 6 SE215, all other cans and IEM's are used. Yep, I buy used audio hardware.....and proud of it! B)

Hate to quote myself, but I don't get how some could have misconstrued the above as my saying that burn in makes a big difference. I don't see myself saying that actually, simply that I didn't want to waste time with burning in a pair of cans.  :huh:

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R7 5700X3D (8C/16T) + TR Phantom Spirit 120 EVO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Logitech G915 + G303 Shroud Ed + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Logitech G613 + G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I am always willing to listen as I am in the process of learning. But let me emphasize, I am willing to listen but it doesn't mean that I have to heed whatever advice that is given. When questions are asked about audio, they are objective in nature, but answers and/or advice are invariably subjective in nature. There is no answer that is the gospel truth. It is up to the person asking to make value judgement based on what he can glean from the subjective advice/answers given. If you say I am wrong, I am willing to listen to you elaborate as to why I am wrong, as long as you do 't resort insults and whatnot, educate away.

I'm actually with you on this. Not about the burn in thingy, but about the subjectivity thingy. My compromise is to (try to) separate which one is objective, and which one is subjective. Subjectivity will give you subjective results, which by its own definition, only applied to you (and others with similar tastes, or mindset). It's not a big thing, but it does exist. 

My amp can spew out 1W max power, that's objective, comes from the data spec (if they lied in the datasheet, that's another story :) )

Because my amp can spew out 1W power, it made my highly sensitive IEM sounds oh so much better, now that's highly subjective. It got no correlation whatsoever, but becoz you believe it is, then it's a fact....for you....

Oh shit oh shit oh shit. Wizzie, we must stop the subjectivity cancer baby that our good friend Creatip will create with GamerDude!

LOL DIS THREAD

Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

At creatip123, thanks for agreeing about the subjectivity part....not the burn in part. ;)

At ShearMe, thanks dude, needed a laugh! :D

I put forth the subjective argument because I see my friend who is an audiophile, I've been to his place a few times over the years and noted that he changes his speakers, and sometimes his amp, preamp, power amp and player a few times over the years. I asked him why he didn't try high end cans, he said he did....from Stax to Senn to Audeze  to whatever. He's a serious audiophile and the high-end audio shops here let him audition all these high end cans with high end amp and dac stacks. According to him, he isn't happy with even the best (even that is subjective) cans as I quote, "...the sound is like floating around in my head, not like with proper speaker setup where the sound is in front of you like on a stage" (or something to this effect). Hence, I get that audio is damn subjective.....get two experts together and they may not even agree what constitute 'good sound quality'.

I've learnt this from my friend as even he and his audiophile friend, whom I happen to know as well, do not agree about what speakers match what audio setup. Last time I was at his place, I didn't listen to his speakers which was relative new. I believe it was a set of Gryphon speakers.....big ass speakers that looked like coffins to me. Fugly if you ask me.....even looks can be subjective! ;)

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R7 5700X3D (8C/16T) + TR Phantom Spirit 120 EVO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Logitech G915 + G303 Shroud Ed + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Logitech G613 + G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2