Apple lied :o

Snickerzz

During WWDC Apple showed off iOS 7 and what it could do. One of the new things being unlimited apps in a folder. Well, i put it to the test and found out that there's a limitation of 170 apps in a folder, if i tried adding more my device would freeze for a second then the apple logo would appear for a split second then continue working normally. Keep in mind this is a beta though :P

sources: my own

post-5552-0-27370300-1371037220.jpg

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Unlimited internet... oh wait... 

Good job man! How could they do this to us!?!?!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

What a surprise

what a twist!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/19811-verizon-fios-customer-finds-what-unlimited-internet-is/?hl=%2Bverizon+%2Bfios

tell that to him

donka :) and there cruel evil people :c

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Geez, I don't even have that many apps on my phone!

neither do i, i just downloaded a bunch for the purpose of this experiment xD

A company whose success is based on marketing lied to its customers!

Oh, the shock will send the world into a tail-spin into the Sun.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I guess 170 is a reasonable amount. From what I've seen the beta seems really slow. Not laggy but animations take ages to finish as apps load. Not sure if it's just because it's still in Beta or because they made it that way to hide the lack of performance due to proper multitasking (not sure if it actually is multitasking as android does but that's what Apple said).

I guess 170 is a reasonable amount. From what I've seen the beta seems really slow. Not laggy but animations take ages to finish as apps load. Not sure if it's just because it's still in Beta or because they made it that way to hide the lack of performance due to proper multitasking (not sure if it actually is multitasking as android does but that's what Apple said).

Solution to anything ever related to iPhones: do the smart thing and get an Android phone.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

like you said its still a beta lol, and it depend how much memory you have on your device

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

They also lied by thinking ios7 looks good 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Solution to anything ever related to iPhones: do the smart thing and get an Android phone.

Don't worry, I solved that problem before I ran into it :P.

yea it is, if you have that many apps well, you get 2 folders XD and i havent noticed lag as far as animations, they seem as long as the previous ones

like you said its still a beta lol, and it depend how much memory you have on your device

512mb :D

They also lied by thinking ios7 looks good 

thats an opinion, i love the new look

why do you have 170 apps just  lying around?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

why do you have 170 apps just  lying around?

neither do i, i just downloaded a bunch for the purpose of this experiment xD

yes that ^^

More of a marketing strategy than a bald-faced lie. 170 apps in a folder is effectively unlimited; most people have that many in total combining all folders. The odds of anyone actually doing it in real world usage is almost 0. Same goes for the guy who used up 77TB in a month.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

More of a marketing strategy than a bald-faced lie. 170 apps in a folder is effectively unlimited; most people have that many in total combining all folders. The odds of anyone actually doing it in real world usage is almost 0. Same goes for the guy who used up 77TB in a month.

yea i know, i can see why its not actually unlimited :P i just wanted to see how far i could go XD

No no no.. it's Unlimited. Don't be confused. In fact, they did the star sign (*) when he said it. You should have watch his finger.

No no no.. it's Unlimited. Don't be confused. In fact, they did the star sign (*) when he said it. You should have watch his finger.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

During WWDC Apple showed off iOS 7 and what it could do. One of the new things being unlimited apps in a folder. Well, i put it to the test and found out that there's a limitation of 170 apps in a folder, if i tried adding more my device would freeze for a second then the apple logo would appear for a split second then continue working normally. Keep in mind this is a beta though :P

sources: my own

sorry dude, its not a "lie" as you like to say, its that most devises cant have 170 apps on them. And how do you use all of those apps? 

~FRED

170 is basically unlimited for any practical purpose so I think it's OK. If you want some bigger lies from Apple then just look at their old iMac range when they said it had a desktop GPU, but in reality it was a mobile one (they did not have the M after the numbers anywhere on the site), or when they said they used Westmere CPUs in their Mac Pro when it was actually Nehalem. Oh and how can you forget the good old "the iPhone 5 is the thinnest smartphone in the world at 7.6mm". Sounds thin right? Yeah, it's almost as thin as the Motorola Razr at 7.1mm.

Those are just some of the instances where Apple flat out lies. There is no denying that those things are lies. Oh and don't get me going on all the times they only show a small piece of the truth, or distorts the truth to make themselves look better.

Lol, made me burst out laughing

It's so ironic :)

Not true, on my first smartphone the Galaxy GT-i9000 (aka S1) I had 224 apps. And I would have probably had more if I wouldn't have deleted what I didn't like. Though it's true now I only have about 50-70 on my S2.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.