Apple lied :o

Snickerzz

Not true, on my first smartphone the Galaxy GT-i9000 (aka S1) I had 224 apps. And I would have probably had more if I wouldn't have deleted what I didn't like. Though it's true now I only have about 50-70 on my S2.

"Most people" - also, was referring to the limit per folder for the most part. Total # of apps across multiple folders doesn't hit that limit, even with 224 apps.

I know there are outliers.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

"Most people" - also, was referring to the limit per folder for the most part. Total # of apps across multiple folders doesn't hit that limit, even with 224 apps.

I know there are outliers.

Oh right, didn't miss the  "most people", I just didn't read it well. Well it's true, once I had like 15-18 pages that was more than 220 apps. You know back in the S1 days android didn't have folders at all :D. But in GoLauncher app I had folders, and as you said I didn't have all of them in one folder either. That would mean that the folder creation has no purpose, we have folders to sort apps not to hide them :).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Apple - unlimited* apps in one folder, unlimited** marketing lies and fake advertisement.

* actually limited to 170, because who uses more? Screw that one percent, we have another 50 million iSheep to believe us unconditionally
** truely unlimited

Also, something that pisses off the newbie programmer in me - how freaking hard was it to implement some kind of a dynamic array, so that you could add apps in the folder until you fill up the internal storage? Seriously, iOS programmers?  :angry:

During WWDC Apple showed off iOS 7 and what it could do. One of the new things being unlimited apps in a folder. Well, i put it to the test and found out that there's a limitation of 170 apps in a folder, if i tried adding more my device would freeze for a second then the apple logo would appear for a split second then continue working normally. Keep in mind this is a beta though :P

sources: my own

You're also using and ipod touch 5th gen, which is nothing near the iphone 5, so the iphone 5 could possibly hold infinite apps.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

You're also using and ipod touch 5th gen, which is nothing near the iphone 5, so the iphone 5 could possibly hold infinite apps.

It's the equivalent to an iphone 4s with iphone 5 screen

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

It's the equivalent to an iphone 4s with iphone 5 screen

AN iphone 4s can't run ios 7, soooooo, it makes a difference.

The only way to see for sure is if someone can get their hands on an iphone 5s (what ios 7 will debut on in the fall) and see if it has infinite folders.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

AN iphone 4s can't run ios 7, soooooo, it makes a difference.

The only way to see for sure is if someone can get their hands on an iphone 5s (what ios 7 will debut on in the fall) and see if it has infinite folders.

uhhh yes it can... theres still a lot of people using iphone 4s' and 4(s), they would only allow the iphone 5 to have the update. the iphone 4 will have a crippled version of ios 7 and the 4s and above will have full functionality just like what they did with the 3gs and ios6

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Nothing is unlimited, even Twinkies.

walmart (great value) makes fake ones :) honestly i think walmarts generic ones taste better XD

walmart (great value) makes fake ones :) honestly i think walmarts generic ones taste better XD

I haven't had the privilege of trying one, they aren't common in the UK, in fact I don't think they exist.

I haven't had the privilege of trying one, they aren't common in the UK, in fact I don't think they exist.

wow, consider it lucky that you don't have a hellmart near you

wow, consider it lucky that you don't have a hellmart near you

In my town we have ASDA Wallmart, Morrisons and Co-Op. The worst part is that it isn't the biggest town.

In my town we have ASDA Wallmart, Morrisons and Co-Op. The worst part is that it isn't the biggest town.

same here :/ walmart and owens are like the only places here xD

same here :/ walmart and owens are like the only places here xD

The worst part is they all sell the same things, at the same prices, so we don't need most of them.

You're running a beta.

Also, they said "You can now have multiple pages, store hundreds of items..."

"*Features are subject to change."

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

You're running a beta.

Also, they said "You can now have multiple pages, store hundreds of items..."

"*Features are subject to change."

I said "keep in mind this is a beta"...

I said "keep in mind this is a beta"...

I know. But i don't think some of the others saw that.

EDIT: I see what you mean. Should be "He's" not You're". :P

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

I bet you had so much fun proving Apple wrong... 

I bet you had so much fun proving Apple wrong... 

not as much fun as watching despicable me 2 :D