Regarding Ubisoft, draw calls, polygon counts and WAN show, from a game developers point of view

How would you know if they weren't made by the same studio ? they have other titles to.

what are you trying to say even?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

what are you trying to say even?

Really I don't know I just woke up, ignore what I said above.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Really I don't know I just woke up, ignore what I said above.

alright haha :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

If I hadn't read your thread I would of taken Assassins creed as a game out of the ubisoft bundle which comes with my graphics card as I thought it was a few bugs not just an un-optimized mess. So thanks!

Also very interesting read, I have only ever read about game design as I specialized in web design but I guess poor optimization is poor optimization whichever code is being used.

Have sent this to @LinusTech, as to correct him on his statement from the wan show regarding Notre dame being a problem for AC:U due to its high polycount or something like that, and he said to post it here as well, to maybe enlighten some of you about it :)

Hope this clears some confusion over what is going on with unity and what people assume are the problems

Regarding how they built the cities and characters with their own set of textures and animations , i don't know if they allowed each building to make their own draw calls 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

• 1 month later...

great read thanks luka , I don't know anything on the graphical subject so it's always interesting to know how it's done