Water cooling custom loop

Go to solution Solved by W-L,

I'm working on a new build and I want to make up a custom water loop for it. I have the ASUS Maximus VII Formula which has a water block already on the board to add to a loop so an aio wouldn't be ideal i think. I see many people recommending a D5 pump to start with. Is this like a generic pump that many companies are putting into systems? Am I too noob to be here? :P

The D5 vario pump is basically one of the best go to pumps you can get for watercooling, it's made by Laing but others have rebranded them or have added features to them that the original did not have such as temp sensors or pump fail safe. It has high pressure and low noise especially for the variable speed version of the D5 one where you can turn down the speed and have it basically near silent.

I'm working on a new build and I want to make up a custom water loop for it. I have the ASUS Maximus VII Formula which has a water block already on the board to add to a loop so an aio wouldn't be ideal i think. I see many people recommending a D5 pump to start with. Is this like a generic pump that many companies are putting into systems? Am I too noob to be here? :P

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

The D5 vario pump is basically one of the best go to pumps you can get for watercooling, it's made by Laing but others have rebranded them or have added features to them that the original did not have such as temp sensors or pump fail safe. It has high pressure and low noise especially for the variable speed version of the D5 one where you can turn down the speed and have it basically near silent.

Yo that motherboard is awesome...I had no idea mobos even came like that. I thought you had to add a block to them somehow...I will def consider than when I build my next PC...pretty sweet.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Yo that motherboard is awesome...I had no idea mobos even came like that. I thought you had to add a block to them somehow...I will def consider than when I build my next PC...pretty sweet.

The block on the board is air or liquid cooled, not sure how that works but it has removable plugs for water lines if you add water

It's like this there are G1/4 holes where you can add fittings of your choice and integrate it into your loop:

ROG-Maximus-VII-Formula-motherboard-cros

I wonder how hard it would be to take some of the armor parts off like the top on that crosschill block for painting etc. 

@Hangfire

Probably not too hard, it's all screwed in placed so once you the thermal armor off the motherboard and the heatsink/block it should be bolted together from the looks of things so it is possibly to break it own individually for painting. The only worry is making sure there is a good seal when putting it back together to prevent any leaks.