Gtx 970 Bottlenecks?

Ocarinajoe98
Go to solution Solved by EzioSan,

i dont see a bottleneck, you should be fine

There will be no bottleneck.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

nope! ur fine

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

• CPU
    Intel i5 3450
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z77A-G43
  • RAM
    8GB Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile DDR3 2133
  • GPU
    GeForce GTX 770
  • Case
    Antec 1100
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB and WD Blue 1TB
  • PSU
    Antec EarthWatts 750W
  • Display(s)
    AOC 23" - I2353PH
  • Cooling
    Some Cooler Master CPU thingy... idk
  • Keyboard
    Razer Blackwidow 2013 Tournament Edition
  • Mouse
    Razer Deathadder 2013
  • Sound
    Hyper X Cloud
  • Operating System
    Windows 8.1 Pro

Unlikely, but I definitely would not SLI.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I'm planning on getting a new Gtx 970 to replace my old 770 but I recently watch Linus's bottlenecking fast as possible and it has me a little worried. Would the card be reaching maximum potential with my current setup? 

Current setup --> http://linustechtips.com/main/user/64859-ocarinajoe98/

you WILL be FINE

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Alright, i didn't think there would be but it doesn't hurt to double check. Thanks for the help :D

Unlikely, but I definitely would not SLI.

i would sli that, there is people with x2 290x on the 8350, why would you not go for x2 970's on such a good cpu?

Tom's Hardware has that as a Tier 1 CPU for gaming, and it's an outstanding CPU to pair with a GTX 970 or a GTX 980. I don't see why it would be a problem with SLI/CF either if you're targeting 60FPS in 1440p or 4k, as CPU power for gaming is pretty independent of resolution. So it would be great even with an R9 295x2 most likely. If you want to target 120 FPS at 1080p you'll probably need to go balls out with an overclocked i7-4790k though, but otherwise you're golden with that CPU.