Transfer steam games to another pc

So I'm gonna be staying somewhere a few days that probably has pretty good internet I want to take advantage of. I'm curious if I could use my crappy laptop logged into my steam account to download games then transfer them through usb or lan or whatever without any issues.

are you saying gamestream?

Im kinda confused

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

All of your saves are cloud stored. All you have to do is download steam, and then download the game you want to play using your existing account. You dont need to transfer anything.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

All of your saves are cloud stored. All you have to do is download steam, and then download the game you want to play using your existing account. You dont need to transfer anything.

Just FYI, this doesn't work for all games. My Mafia 2 saves don't get cloud saved.

Life.exe is missing

Just FYI, this doesn't work for all games. My Mafia 2 saves don't get cloud saved.

Really? I have never run into one that wasn't. 

Good to know.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yes :)
once downloaded on you laptop you only need to copy the games folder from inside the steam folder to your other pc.
then on you other pc log into steam click download of the game you just copied. 
Steam will check for existing files and then just verify that all requested file are there :)

(Games folders/file are store in c:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common)

I do this myself as i have 40mb internet at work but only 2mb at home :)

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

Really? I have never run into one that wasn't. 

Good to know.

Not All games have cloud storage, if you look at your list, some game won't have that Cloud icon, ofc if you only have Valve games I'm sure it has cloud save, but for an example: Witcher 1 don't have. But Witcher 2 does.

Not All games have cloud storage, if you look at your list, some game won't have that Cloud icon, ofc if you only have Valve games I'm sure it has cloud save, but for an example: Witcher 1 don't have. But Witcher 2 does.

Now I am going to have to actually look through my library and see :P

Thanks for the correction. :)

There seems to be some confusion here, I basically want to take advantage of the better internet because I have a pretty bad download speed and I just want to know if I can copy my game files so I don't have to download them to my pc from my laptop.

I think you are missing the point the OP is making. He has a PC on which he wants to game but his internet is crappy. Now he is going to go somewhere where he'll have good internet. He wants to download the games to his laptop and just copy them over to the desktop. 

I would imagine you can, and worse case scenario you do a repair install or whatever it is. I do this with Origin quite often. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

There seems to be some confusion here, I basically want to take advantage of the better internet because I have a pretty bad download speed and I just want to know if I can copy my game files so I don't have to download them to my pc from my laptop.

Yes :)

once downloaded on you laptop you only need to copy the games folder from inside the steam folder to your other pc.

then on you other pc log into steam click download of the game you just copied. 

Steam will check for existing files and then just verify that all requested file are there :)

(Games folders/file are store in c:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common)

I do this myself as i have 40mb internet at work but only 2mb at home :)

GeekThief has answered you best.  Simple answer is yes.  Long answer is yes, you just move the game folder in steam/common (or whereever it downloads them).

Or you could create a backup on the laptop you are downloading them on then restore on the intended machine.

Or you could create a backup on the laptop you are downloading them on then restore on the intended machine.

This is also a possibility, but it is extremely slow, regardless of your hardware, and has a tendency to fail.