Help with C#

SickSix66
Go to solution Solved by PlutoNZL,

Why not? The way you have implemented Circle and Rectangle allow them to be compared.

Console.WriteLine(r1.IsLarger(c1));

prints True.

{    abstract class Shape    {        public string Type;        abstract public double CalcArea();        public void Description()        {            Console.WriteLine("Type={0}, Area={1}", Type, CalcArea());        }    }}{    class Rectangle : Shape, IComparable    {        public double Length;        public double Width;               public override double CalcArea()        {            return Length * Width;        }        public Rectangle(double l, double w)        {            Length = l;            Width = w;            Type = "Rectangle";        }        public bool IsLarger(IComparable obj)        {            if (this.CalcArea() > ((Shape)obj).CalcArea())            {                return true;            }            else            {                return false;            }                    }    }}{    interface IComparable    {        bool IsLarger(IComparable obj);    }}{    class Program    {        static void Main(string[] args)        {            Rectangle r1 = new Rectangle(12.0, 4.0);            r1.Description();            Circle c1 = new Circle(3.5);            c1.Description();        }    }}{    class Circle : Shape, IComparable    {        public double Radius;        public override double CalcArea()        {            return 3.14 * Radius * Radius;        }        public Circle(double r)        {            Radius = r;            Type = "Circle";        }        public bool IsLarger(IComparable obj)        {            if (this.CalcArea() > ((Shape)obj).CalcArea())            {                return true;            }            else            {                return false;            }        }    }}

Need to get the output True or False, compare square and circle. I can't seem to get the output however, calculating the area is a success.

The output is this:

Type=Rectangle, Area=48

Type=Circle, Area=38.465

But I can't get the true/false comparison between the rectangle and circle.

Why not? The way you have implemented Circle and Rectangle allow them to be compared.

Console.WriteLine(r1.IsLarger(c1));

prints True.

Nevermind guys thanks for all the help, I figured out what's wrong and I was missing this code on the Program class.

Console.WriteLine(r1.IsLarger((c2)));