Burnout from college.

alicskysareblue

it seems this happens every year I take what I think are good classes and by the middle of the semester I am burnout.....mind you this has been happening for the last seven years, at this point I have already had a major breakdown and find the thought of writing a five page papers to be horrible... I rarely go out and socialize now and things just keep on dragiing

thoughts help tips ? sorry I know this is a tech place and not a sight to talk about are personal problems but whatever

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Can you take fewer classes? More interesting classes? Maybe you don't like your major? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Can you take fewer classes? More interesting classes? Maybe you don't like your major? 

I'm only taking three classes.... cant seem to even handle that

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I'm only taking three classes.... cant seem to even handle that

Do the classes just suck? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Do the classes just suck? 

nah I have a real hard time with papers, I have OCD  the instructers know this

nah I have a real hard time with papers, I have OCD  the instructers know this

Well, take at least one class you'd genuinely like to study -- something you've always been interested in. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

What things in life genuinely excite and interest you?

right know I am just looking forward to get away from college for awhile I have been going since I was 19 and am now 25 turning 26 in a few months and I just am tired of college

right know I am just looking forward to get away from college for awhile I have been going since I was 19 and am now 25 turning 26 in a few months and I just am tired of college

Take a semester off / study abroad if you can afford to do so. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Take a semester off / study abroad if you can afford to do so. 

yeah, funny I want to drop the history class but I already have to many withdrawls so I guess I just have to bear through it

I feel you. I'm only 22, but have been feeling the same thing lately. The whole "college is important" mentality wore off about a semester ago.

My advice? Figure out what makes you happy, and do your best to balance.

I feel you. I'm only 22, but have been feeling the same thing lately. The whole "college is important" mentality wore off about a semester ago.

My advice? Figure out what makes you happy, and do your best to balance.

thanks man, I wish you all the best. I was orignally going for personal trainer but  it 1.) didnt feel right 2.) credits are limited now and I have just lost interest in persuing it so for the last few semester I have just been trying to get my AA simply because I dont want to disapoint my family by dropping out and other (various) financial reasions. 

it seems this happens every year I take what I think are good classes and by the middle of the semester I am burnout.....mind you this has been happening for the last seven years, at this point I have already had a major breakdown and find the thought of writing a five page papers to be horrible... I rarely go out and socialize now and things just keep on dragiing

thoughts help tips ? sorry I know this is a tech place and not a sight to talk about are personal problems but whatever

Just keep grinding away at it. not supposed to be awesome all the time. im at that point too, just a few weeks left of semester :D

| 3570k @ 4.5 | swiftech h220 ordered after patent issues | EVGA 660ti SC 3gb | 8gb gskill ripjaws | Asus p8z77-v lx | Corsair Ax 750 | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair C70 white | CM quickfire rapid mx browns | G500 | 

Just keep grinding away at it. not supposed to be awesome all the time. im at that point too, just a few weeks left of semester :D

This was my attitude now I've taken to counting the working weeks left on my degree until freedom.

Once I finish I'm going to travel and doing something different to unwind.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I'm here to tell you the grass isn't greener on the other side.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers