Does Kingston SSDNow V300 Series still use slower NAND?

I remember this was a really significant issue where performance was reduced substantially

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

FastForwards Few months, now, I see people recommending these SSD's once again

Is it because Kingston started using better NAND Flash again or.... ?

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

No, its still the same crap; as to why people recommend is a good question. Especially when a Crucial MX100 isn't that much more. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

yea i dont know why they downgraded

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

yea i dont know why they downgraded

money 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

No, its still the same crap; as to why people recommend is a good question. Especially when a Crucial MX100 isn't that much more. 

I agree i've been a big fan of crucial's new MX100 series.

I'm bringing up Kingston because its still cheaper by about $10

Thanks

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

Hello -------

The V300 is our entry-level SSD targeting the mainstream user. In order to achieve a balance of price and performance, Kingston will source NAND Flash components from various Tier 1 NAND manufacturers. Our V300 SSDs are built with either synchronous or asynchronous NAND Flash components. Kingston specs the V300 SSD using ATTO 2.41 to achieve a minimum of 450MB/s Read / Write. Your results may differ should you benchmark your drive with something other than ATTO 2.41. We have provided the following document for a more detailed explanation on SSD benchmarking and performance.

V300 Benchmarking Brief 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this e-mail with full email history. Thank you for using Kingston on-line technical support.

Regards,

Glenn Neumeister
Kingston Technology
Technical Support
8am to 5pm Monday - Friday PST

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I agree i've been a big fan of crucial's new MX100 series.

I'm bringing up Kingston because its still cheaper by about $10

Thanks

V300 is crap, Since it's really old when SSD's where very expensive to make, It has cut many corners and is just bad, If kingston made a new budget SSD now with the falling SSD prices it will be good, Just get the MX100 (256GB) I have one in my laptop and I am getting one for my upcoming PC build.

Be sure to to get the 256GB or above to get min 330Mbs write or if you can't spend that much just get the 128GB which has the same 550Mbs read of all the others, But read is 150Mbs

Hello -------

The V300 is our entry-level SSD targeting the mainstream user. In order to achieve a balance of price and performance, Kingston will source NAND Flash components from various Tier 1 NAND manufacturers. Our V300 SSDs are built with either synchronous OR asynchronous NAND Flash components. Kingston specs the V300 SSD using ATTO 2.41 to achieve a minimum of 450MB/s Read / Write. Your results may differ should you benchmark your drive with something other than ATTO 2.41. We have provided the following document for a more detailed explanation on SSD benchmarking and performance.

V300 Benchmarking Brief 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this e-mail with full email history. Thank you for using Kingston on-line technical support.

Regards,

Glenn Neumeister

Kingston Technology

Technical Support

8am to 5pm Monday - Friday PST

Why does this series use either-or? 

Is there any way of identifying which V300 series SSD uses synchronous and asynchronous NAND flash?

Why does this series use either-or? 

Is there any way of identifying which V300 series SSD uses synchronous and asynchronous NAND flash?

Idk, there might be, but it probably isn't easy.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Not owning a fab is hurting Kingston right now. They're not a master of their own domain. I don't know why they insist on keeping the V300 brand name. They should rethink and redesign the drive using more consistent NAND and do another brand label. I wouldn't buy V300 just because of the inconsistency.

Other drives that can just as cheap don't have these issues. MX100 comes to mind. SanDisk when it's on sale.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Kingston should just exit ssd business entirely. Without nand fab, you really can't be a viable player in the ssd market nowdays. I mean, their whole ssd lineout is a complete and utter joke.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

Kingston should just exit ssd business entirely. Without nand fab, you really can't be a viable player in the ssd market nowdays. I mean, their whole ssd lineout is a complete and utter joke.

Their HyperX 3k isnt bad

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Their HyperX 3k isnt bad

Its not bad (well, if you can call something sandforce based not bad). But its nothing special (since there are nearly 50 sandforce OEMs that do drives just like 3K) but its nothing to yell about. Their product stack is just poor, especially if you consider pricing. They just have nothing going for them, because for every drive in their lineout, there is something better and cheaper.

Its not bad (well, if you can call something sandforce based not bad). But its nothing special (since there are nearly 50 sandforce OEMs that do drives just like 3K) but its nothing to yell about. Their product stack is just poor, especially if you consider pricing. They just have nothing going for them, because for every drive in their lineout, there is something better and cheaper.

That can be said for pretty much anything that isn't an MX100/SP900 (excluding sales and 850 Pro/Intel 730-like drives). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

That can be said for pretty much anything that isn't an MX100/SP900 (excluding sales and 850 Pro/Intel 730-like drives). 

And thats the hard truth. Unless something is noticably cheaper, drives from mayor brands, that happen to own fabs are just the way to go.  Afterall, these drives always get the best nand possible if nothing else... You can bet your bottom dollar, that other brands get 2nd tier or even 3rd tier nand, as they need to buy it from the big guys.

The only one who doesn't do that is SK Hynix. Of course, that means that everyone and their brother buy off Hynix then. As @hojnikb says, it's nothing special. When buying ssd's it's better all around to go with the ones who own fabs and make the drives. I'll be surprised if most of the marketers are in this market by this time next year.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

The only one who doesn't do that is SK Hynix. Of course, that means that everyone and their brother buy off Hynix then. As @hojnikb says, it's nothing special. When buying ssd's it's better all around to go with the ones who own fabs and make the drives. I'll be sullrprised if most of the marketers are in this market by this time next year.

Well, they do own L.A.M.D, so they could just as easily madea proper SSD, if they wanted to.