BeQuiet! or Noctua

offremike
Go to solution Solved by ANDuff,

As you are not overclocking both would be perfectly sufficient. More than sufficient actually. And also it will not get as hot as an overclocked CPU so neither will need to run at full speed frequently at all which is where all the noise would come from. 

So really it comes down to which ever you like more. So in your case the beQuiet! one.

So i'm looking to get air cooling because i don't overclock my CPU (FX8350). I'm thinking of either getting the Be Quiet! Dark Pro 3 or get the Noctua NH-15. 

As far as looks goes, I'd choose the Be Quiet, but i'm more worried about both noise and performance.

Any thoughts?

Also, I'm planning on using a bunch of BitFenix Spectre Pro fans, but wondering if im better off ysubg Be Quiet! fans instead (all 140mm, inside of the NZXT Switch 810).

Sssshhhhhh *in a soft voice* Noctua

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

According to this website: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Noctua/NH-D15/6.html%C2'> perform within margin of error with each other, so go with the one that looks better, they'll both be close to silent

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

I'm running an 8350 and a Dark Rock Pro 3, I absolutely love it, it's so quiet and cool. I'm OC'd to 4.7 and I idle at about 33

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Be quiet, use Noctua.

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

As you are not overclocking both would be perfectly sufficient. More than sufficient actually. And also it will not get as hot as an overclocked CPU so neither will need to run at full speed frequently at all which is where all the noise would come from. 

So really it comes down to which ever you like more. So in your case the beQuiet! one.

I'm running an 8350 and a Dark Rock Pro 3, I absolutely love it, it's so quiet and cool. I'm OC'd to 4.7 and I idle at about 33

How freaking massive does that thing seem in your case though?

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]