My first builld questions.

Hello guys!

This is my first "serious" build, that I am doing and would appreciate some help.
I will post the specs and ask below:

Processor: Intel Core i7 4770K

Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1

RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 DIMM CL9 Dual Kit

Motherboard: MSI Z87M GAMING

HDD:  1000GB Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003

SDD: 256GB Crucial MX100

Power supply: 550 Watt MS-Tech Value-Edition

CPU cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55

Now my question is, is my graphic card compatible with the PSU? How about the motherboard? But my main concern is; should I stick with this watercooler or go for an air cooler or maybe a different watercooler? I will not be doing much overclocking since I am happy with normal-quality settings in games and do some general 3D modeling and video editing (hence the 16 gigs of RAM). My main problem is ofcourse the price. I have a 1000€ budget and I need this stuff delivered from germany (mindfactory.de) since my country has ridiculously high prices (100€ more for the processor for instance) To save shipping fees I will pick up a used cheap case in my country. Also I am months from actually making this build.

Thanks alot in advance.

You going to need a a better PSU that can output more watts, id say maybe... at least 650w but im not exactly sure.

Also i would suggest a z97 board.

And also the h55 is not worth getting, a hyper evo 212 air cooler works just the same, but if you want to go water cooled id suggest at least an h80i or better.

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

You going to need a a better PSU that can output more watts, id say maybe... at least 650w but im not exactly sure.

Also i would suggest a z97 board.

And also the h55 is not worth getting, a hyper evo 212 air cooler works just the same, but if you want to go water cooled id suggest at least an h80i or better.

Thanks to all, I will update the motherboard and the PSU. How different would the evo 212 be from my watercooler?

Thanks to all, I will update the motherboard and the PSU. How different would the evo 212 be from my watercooler?

Probably better actually. Put a Noctua fan on there with the money you saved and you've got yourself a solid CPU cooler.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

A few degrees.. the h55 is fine if your only doing mild OCing, but in my opinion its not worth the money id rather get the hyper 212 evo that has basically the same performance and a whole lot cheaper

So I have made these changes:

Motherboard: Asus Z97-P Intel Z97

Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo

PSU: 650 Watt Corsair VS Series Non-Modular

Better?

Yes. It's enough for your purpose. 

If you can also budget for an SSD that would be better.

(1) Don't buy the 4770k. If you want the best performing CPU the 4790k is actually $5 cheaper than the 4770k on newegg right now, and it's 500MHz faster. If you want something that performs like an i7 4770 (e.g., no overclock) the Xeon E3-1231v3 is the CPU to get. It is the i7 4770 minus the integrated graphics and with a 3.8GHz turbo instead of the i7 4770's 3.9 GHz turbo. But it's $60 cheaper than the i7 4770 and $80 cheaper than the i7 4770k.

(2) Consider picking a power supply from Tier 1 or Tier 2A on this list:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

Oops, just saw you're looking to buy from Germany. You should definitely look to see if the Xeon E3-1231v3 or E3-1230v3 enjoy the same kind of discounts vs the i7 4770 that we get in the US if you're not going to overclock.

Hello guys!

This is my first "serious" build, that I am doing and would appreciate some help.

I will post the specs and ask below:

Processor: Intel Core i7 4770K

Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1

RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 DIMM CL9 Dual Kit

Motherboard: MSI Z87M GAMING

HDD:  1000GB Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003

SDD: 256GB Crucial MX100

Power supply: 550 Watt MS-Tech Value-Edition

CPU cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55

Now my question is, is my graphic card compatible with the PSU? How about the motherboard? But my main concern is; should I stick with this watercooler or go for an air cooler or maybe a different watercooler? I will not be doing much overclocking since I am happy with normal-quality settings in games and do some general 3D modeling and video editing (hence the 16 gigs of RAM). My main problem is ofcourse the price. I have a 1000€ budget and I need this stuff delivered from germany (mindfactory.de) since my country has ridiculously high prices (100€ more for the processor for instance) To save shipping fees I will pick up a used cheap case in my country. Also I am months from actually making this build.

Thanks alot in advance.

you should go for i7 4790k its better and same price 

Cpu: i7 4790k Mobo: Asus z97-A  PSU:Ultra Semi-Modular 850w SSD: Kingston 240gb HDD: Segate 1tb Ram: 2x8gb G.Skill ram GPU: Zotaz GTX 980 AMP! Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed 

(1) Don't buy the 4770k. If you want the best performing CPU the 4790k is actually $5 cheaper than the 4770k on newegg right now, and it's 500MHz faster. If you want something that performs like an i7 4770 (e.g., no overclock) the Xeon E3-1231v3 is the CPU to get. It is the i7 4770 minus the integrated graphics and with a 3.8GHz turbo instead of the i7 4770's 3.9 GHz turbo. But it's $60 cheaper than the i7 4770 and $80 cheaper than the i7 4770k.

(2) Consider picking a power supply from Tier 1 or Tier 2A on this list:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

Thanks fot the Xenon recomendation, it is a lot cheaper, so I will pick that one and maybe I saved enough for a decent power supply. The i7 4790K is actually quite more expensive. And I swapped the PSU for the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1 Power Supply

Also

Yes. It's enough for your purpose. 

If you can also budget for an SSD that would be better.

My original build components that do not get swapped stay the same, but thanks.

Thanks fot the Xenon recomendation, it is a lot cheaper, so I will pick that one and maybe I saved enough for a decent power supply. The i7 4790K is actually quite more expensive. And I swapped the PSU for the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1 Power Supply

Also

My original build components that do not get swapped stay the same, but thanks.

Post what your going with now