Need some tips.(Gaming pc build)

Rasup

Couple tips:

1. Maximus boards are wastes of money, you will never get full use out of the features
  2. You most likely need 8 gigs of ram at most, unless you're a Chrome tab hog
  3. With ram, just get 1866, anything higher you're just paying more for a placebo difference
  4. A power supply does not have to be $140 to be good unless in the 750W range
  5. Choose your case very wisely. You may be stuck with it for a long time and end up hating it

I have in mind 1400$ max, but its better if it`s cheaper! :)

As Joao said. Budget please.

Anyways, I'd recommend holding off for a month or so and getting the R9 390X when that comes out. The "rumored" specification/price ratio on that is just beyond anything NVIDIA has so far. You also get that #Mantle speed. When a game first does Mantle optimization well (unlike battlefield 4, ugh), it usually runs at about 100-300x what the NVIDIA equivilant does.

Sorry if my post offended your entire family, but I get kind of defensive when I'm high...

Couple tips:

1. Maximus boards are wastes of money, you will never get full use out of the features
  2. You most likely need 8 gigs of ram at most, unless you're a Chrome tab hog
  3. With ram, just get 1866, anything higher you're just paying more for a placebo difference
  4. A power supply does not have to be $140 to be good unless in the 750W range
  5. Choose your case very wisely. You may be stuck with it for a long time and end up hating it

This is useful! Thanks! :) For ram I some times need to build Virtual Machines so I think I will stick whit 16GB, but cheaper. 

This is useful! Thanks! :) For ram I some times need to build Virtual Machines so I think I will stick whit 16GB, but cheaper. 

That's a valid reason for 16 then. :D

wrong section

Uh, no it isn't.

As Joao said. Budget please.

Anyways, I'd recommend holding off for a month or so and getting the R9 390X when that comes out. The "rumored" specification/price ratio on that is just beyond anything NVIDIA has so far. You also get that #Mantle speed. When a game first does Mantle optimization well (unlike battlefield 4, ugh), it usually runs at about 100-300x what the NVIDIA equivilant does.

It won`t cost fortune?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 280L 122.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($82.98 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($342.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($342.99 @ Amazon)

Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ Micro Center)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $1508.88

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-14 09:55 EST-0500

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Or

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 280L 122.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($82.98 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card ($579.99 @ Micro Center)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $1402.89

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-14 09:57 EST-0500

Total: $1508.88

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-14 09:55 EST-0500

2 Video Cards isn`t too much? 

It won`t cost fortune?

Aww. No it wont <3

If you look at AMD's past they've always been a lot cheaper than the competition, and usually had better and more innovative hardware and features.

Sorry if my post offended your entire family, but I get kind of defensive when I'm high...

That's a valid reason for 16 then. :D

Uh, no it isn't.

uh, yes it is

there is a build log thread and a planning thread, there are hundreds of ppl talking about making a gaming pc

uh, yes it is

there is a build log thread and a planning thread, there are hundreds of ppl talking about making a gaming pc

Yes, inform me on how the forum works.

This is just a post about tips for a gaming PC, doesn't necessarily mean it's planning.

2 Video Cards isn`t too much?

No, but that depends on what you will be using the PC for.

Yes, inform me on how the forum works.

This is just a post about tips for a gaming PC, doesn't necessarily mean it's planning.

ima give you the best tip ever ready?

making a pc rig is not complicated I still dont understand how people make threads about "hey my first pc for gaming help me out"

look at someone elses pc with a similar budget and game interest

ima give you the best tip ever ready?

making a pc rig is not complicated I still dont understand how people make threads about "hey my first pc for gaming help me out"

look at someone elses pc with a similar budget and game interest

Because asking for help is so taboo. You don't like it then don't post here. Heck don't even look at the thread if that's your complaint. There is an entire subforum dedicated to you to avoid.

Because asking for help is so taboo. You don't like it then don't post here. Heck don't even look at the thread if that's your complaint. There is an entire subforum dedicated to you to avoid.

this is the pc gaming subforum not the build log forum, which was my entire point

this is the pc gaming subforum not the build log forum, which was my entire point

Read the title of the thread...

Read the title of the thread...

i dont understand why you would want to post here.

ppl who are gonna be giving good information are going to be in the respective sub forum

i dont understand why you would want to post here.

ppl who are gonna be giving good information are going to be in the respective sub forum

Yep totally agree. I mean it makes a little sense to post it here but a lot more sense to post it in the correct sub forum.