Xperia Z3/Z3c vs iPhone 6 - can't decide

ManOfDisguise

The definite 3 choices are the iPhone 6, Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 compact.

I can't choose which to put on my number 1 place. 

The iPhone 6 I like because of iOS. I am using Android atm but from personal experience even the most high end phones can stutter on Android quite often which kinda sucks whereas whenever I used an iOS device it seemed much smoother to me. 

The Z3/Z3 Compact have AMAZING battery life which I really dig. I like their build quality too but the flaps might feel flimsy.

Now I have not seen one video anywhere of a speed test between the 2(no benchmarks or boot up speed) when it comes to opening apps and browsing the web.

When I use my phone I'm browsing the web 85-90% of the time. But still I want a fast, snappy phone.

DO NOT RECCOMEND OTHER PHONES - I AM SET ON THESE 3

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Im using the 1+1 but so i would recommend that but my gf uses the iphone 6+ and that

one i really like, it has a bigger battery and the screen is really nice.

Personally dont like xperia phones go with  the 6 or 6+.

I'd go with the Z3...

It has a bigger, higher res screen which will help with web browsing,

a higher res camera (also takes 4K video),

and to top it off it's also waterproof

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Z3 for sure! 

iPhone 6 will have pretty good battery life and is also faster than any android phone. If you browse the web a lot, nothing even comes close to the speed and fluidity of safari.

I personally don't like the skin Sony uses for Android, but there are ways around that if you don't mind losing the warranty. Build quality is excellent on both devices, though i find that iPhones are always a bit slippery. As for the flaps on the z3, you'll have to get used to the waterproof charging port to get around them. No big issue, but a friend of mine (z2 user) says it isn't as fast as USB charging.

Tough pick, both devices are solid for their own reasons.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Very similar builds in the hand other than the glass on the back on the Z3. My personal choice would be the iPhone 6+ because the camera is SO good and the User Experience is a nice switch from android. If you care about waterproof/ having android / bendgate ( you shouldn't care about that honestly.) you should go with the Z3. The 6+ outperforms the Battery life of the Z3 by quite a bit, especially in stand-by mode.

Interested in Business and Technology

The definite 3 choices are the iPhone 6, Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 compact.

Z3 Compact. When you can have the power of a flagship smartphone in a compact, easy to hold, super pocketable form factor, no debate from me.

Very similar builds in the hand other than the glass on the back on the Z3. My personal choice would be the iPhone 6+ because the camera is SO good and the User Experience is a nice switch from android. If you care about waterproof/ having android / bendgate ( you shouldn't care about that honestly.) you should go with the Z3. The 6+ outperforms the Battery life of the Z3 by quite a bit, especially in stand-by mode.

iPhone 6. Not 6 Plus.

"Rawr XD"

iPhone has iOS is a really light OS so it is pretty much always going to feel fast.

iPhone has iOS is a really light OS so it is pretty much always going to feel fast.

I think that's a wrong stereotype, iOS has gotten a lot heavier, A5 seems to be having a hard time with iOS8, and I heard even A6 doesn't run iOS8 as smoothly. It's because of how much each generation of chips improved, sans the A8, that Apple was able to push out usually doubled performance, primarily IPC, from A5 to A6, and A6 to A7, that made the experience so fast and snappy.

I think that's a wrong stereotype, iOS has gotten a lot heavier, A5 seems to be having a hard time with iOS8, and I heard even A6 doesn't run iOS8 as smoothly. It's because of how much each generation of chips improved, sans the A8, that Apple was able to push out usually doubled performance, primarily IPC, from A5 to A6, and A6 to A7, that made the experience so fast and snappy.

It has gotten slower with iOS 8 but from my experience it feels snappier than Android and iOS 7 was very stable, I don't think I ever had an app crash.