Water cooling question

Hi there,

I don't think my case has space for my radiator (h105), would it affect performance much if I put it outside the pc? I can easily loop the tubing through one of the holes in the back of my case so that isnt a problem.

Thanks

If it would do anything it would give you better cooling performance since it wont have to deal with the heat from other components.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

h105 has a big bump how are you going to get it through one of the holes, do you have a plan :)

post-154698-0-53997900-1415873105.jpg

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

h105 has a big bump how are you going to get it through one of the holes, do you have a plan :)

didnt you just answer your own question by posting that image?

Well, what's your case and we can work through this together.

If you have a top 240 mm rad space you should be fine.

didnt you just answer your own question by posting that image?

The tubes are not detached easily, How do you get the pump assembly into the case through the hole?

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Hi there,

I don't think my case has space for my radiator (h105), would it affect performance much if I put it outside the pc? I can easily loop the tubing through one of the holes in the back of my case so that isnt a problem.

Thanks

Placement of a watercooling radiator outside the case gives better cooling performance by a few degrees with less fan speed but what you need to understand is that most AIOs are very tricky to take apart and put back together and you will need to make sure you have enough tubing for an external mount then an external mounting system for if say you want to mount it to the back case fan slot or top for that matter. Also, you will need are cable extenders for the fan connectors to be able to reach the motherboard fan header.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Just make sure the hose stays well put, I had a H100i that got the hose out and made a liquid mess on my GPU, fortunately everything survived.

*cough* *Cough* wrong forum, go to watercooling *cough* Glad you found your solution

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

OT: don't your sponsors give you a well built gaming machine already? lol