Best cpu for gaming (200$)

LayaR

Before i started,don't complain about my english i know it's very bad.So guys i have a problem,i just got new r9 280x vapor and i have 8 gb or ram (2x2gb +1x4gb) and phenom II x4 965 (oc 3.7) and i am getting CM evo 212 cooler soon,but i have huge bottleneck now my gpu on bf3 is like on less then 50% and i am interested in buying new motherboard and cpu only (for now) and as heavy gamer i need as much performance for games as possible but cant afford cpu for more than 200$ so pls give me something for that price,i was looking for fx 8350 and some say it not for gaming and someone says it is,i just whanna play newer games (ac unity,farcry 4,gtav) on 60 fps as well as bf 3,4 ofc but intel is too expensive,even the slowest one and i really don't know what to do anymore so pls give me some advice

Save your pennies and buy a 4690K. The FX-8350 is not a worthwhile purchase if your main goal is gaming imo.

Edit: It also completely depends on the prices where you live.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Before i started,don't complain about my english i know it's very bad.So guys i have a problem,i just got new r9 280x vapor and i have 8 gb or ram (2x2gb +1x4gb) and phenom II x4 965 (oc 3.7) and i am getting CM evo 212 cooler soon,but i have huge bottleneck now my gpu on bf3 is like on less then 50% and i am interested in buying new motherboard and cpu only (for now) and as heavy gamer i need as much performance for games as possible but cant afford cpu for more than 200$ so pls give me something for that price,i was looking for fx 8350 and some say it not for gaming and someone says it is,i just whanna play newer games (ac unity,farcry 4,gtav) on 60 fps as well as bf 3,4 ofc but intel is too expensive,even the slowest one and i really don't know what to do anymore so pls give me some advice

get an i5 4690k or any i5 in your budget and a intel z97 board

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

CPU only for $200 or CPU + MoBo for $200?

this?????

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

any haswell/haswell refresh i5 that is under 200 are the best you can get right now

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Save your pennies and buy a 4690K. The FX-8350 is not a worthwhile purchase if your main goal is gaming imo.

Edit: It also completely depends on the prices where you live.

Well i live in croatia and that cpu is 280$ here so thats the problem.and yeah is it a problem if i have 2x2 and 1x4gb ram (1x4 have a lil bit faster freq)

CPU only for $200 or CPU + MoBo for $200?

Idk,both?cpu only :)

If your budget is 200 for CPU+Mobo then a G3258 with a cheap z97 will do fine. IF its 200 for CPU only then a i5 will do you well

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

i'd recommend a core i5-4460 or core i5-4590 along with a cheap H97 motherboard if you,re on a budget OP...you can use stock heatsink and this will run games VERY well...all games.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

i'd recommend a core i5-4460 or core i5-4590 along with a cheap H97 motherboard if you,re on a budget OP...you can use stock heatsink and this will run games VERY well...all games.

4590 is 220 so it is a little bot btter,but what is wrong with 8350?

Well i live in croatia and that cpu is 280$ here so thats the problem.and yeah is it a problem if i have 2x2 and 1x4gb ram (1x4 have a lil bit faster freq)

Idk,both?cpu only :)

What is the price of a FX-6300, 8320 and 8350 where you live? Also your memory situation is not ideal but it's nothing to worry about at the moment. The faster 4GB stick will run at the same speed as the slower 2GB sticks and i don't believe those two will run in dual-channel either because you have 3. I would personally sell the 2x2 sticks and buy one more matching 4GB stick and run those two in dual-channel.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

4590 is 220 so it is a little bot btter,but what is wrong with 8350?

huh...i owned one..it's not as good in regards to gaming...the performance per core sometimes is too low and some light threaded games struggle for frames on it and it does bottleneck mid to high end graphics cards in most games...it also consumes too much power and trhow out too much heat...you'll be better with a locked core i5...trust me...even the highest overclcoked FX (i had mine running at 4.6ghz on a daily basis) won't play games as well as even a core i3 in most cases...but i,d still recommend a core i5-4430 or core i5-4440 and the cheapest available H81 motherboard if my previous suggestion is over budget.

Also once you consider a motherboard good enough to support and overclock an 8 core FX cpu along with a good cpu cooler for the thing...it will end up costing the same or more as the i5 and H81.

The FX is not that bad, but the Phenom actually had better performance per core so maybe you could find a 6 core Phenom to fit on your current motherboard? this could be a good move..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

What is the price of a FX-6300, 8320 and 8350 where you live? Also your memory situation is not ideal but it's nothing to worry about at the moment. The faster 4GB stick will run at the same speed as the slower 2GB sticks and i don't believe those two will run in dual-channel either because you have 3. I would personally sell the 2x2 sticks and buy one more matching 4GB stick and run those two in dual-channel.

198$ :) i was thinking about selling the ram but i am lazy :(

huh...i owned one..it's not as good in regards to gaming...the performance per core sometimes is too low and some light threaded games struggle for frames on it and it does bottleneck mid to high end graphics cards in most games...it also consumes too much power and trhow out too much heat...you'll be better with a locked core i5...trust me...even the highest overclcoked FX (i had mine running at 4.6ghz on a daily basis) won't play games as well as even a core i3 in most cases...but i,d still recommend a core i5-4430 or core i5-4440 and the cheapest available H81 motherboard if my previous suggestion is over budget.

Also once you consider a motherboard good enough to support and overclock an 8 core FX cpu along with a good cpu cooler for the thing...it will end up costing the same or more as the i5 and H81.

The FX is not that bad, but the Phenom actually had better performance per core so maybe you could find a 6 core Phenom to fit on your current motherboard? this could be a good move..

Well mobo support x6 but i still have pci 2 (280x is pci3) sata 2 and i was thinking to upgrade hdd to sata 3 later,thats why i need new mobo as well

198$ :) i was thinking about selling the ram but i am lazy :(

Well mobo support x6 but i still have pci 2 (280x is pci3) sata 2 and i was thinking to upgrade hdd to sata 3 later,thats why i need new mobo as well

AM3+ (FX) won't offer pcie3.0 either they are too old and the socket is dead...but it's useless as no GPU as of today can saturate a pcie 2.0 16X slot...so this is a non issue...

Could you afford a core i5-4430 and a cheap asrock or msi H81 board? this would get you set for a while.

AM3+ (FX) won't offer pcie3.0 either they are too old and the socket is dead...but it's useless as no GPU as of today can saturate a pcie 2.0 16X slot...so this is a non issue...

Could you afford a core i5-4430 and a cheap asrock or msi H81 board? this would get you set for a while.

Actually i am thinking now to wait few month and get 4690k and cheap mobo since as i can see,you all are recommending this,beacuse i need good performance for at least 3 years or so and i need something good and fast

Actually i am thinking now to wait few month and get 4690k and cheap mobo since as i can see,you all are recommending this,beacuse i need good performance for at least 3 years or so and i need something good and fast

it's worth the wait i think...for motherboard usualy the best bang for the buck is the MSI Z97 PC MATE...good overclocking for cheap and all the features.

it's worth the wait i think...for motherboard usualy the best bang for the buck is the MSI Z97 PC MATE...good overclocking for cheap and all the features.

Thanks a lot man,i think i am going with that (looks like "buying new gpu" for better fps for year or two is not as i expected lol) but thanks a lot for the help :)

Thanks a lot man,i think i am going with that (looks like "buying new gpu" for better fps for year or two is not as i expected lol) but thanks a lot for the help :)

yeah...amd cpus are disapointing in regards to gaming...they are not what they used to be and they took a step backward with bulldozer...piledriver is a little better but no much...its not even better than phenoms chip...get a strong intel quad core, that will last you a long time.

yeah...amd cpus are disapointing in regards to gaming...they are not what they used to be and they took a step backward with bulldozer...piledriver is a little better but no much...its not even better than phenoms chip...get a strong intel quad core, that will last you a long time.

Yes that's sad,if i knew more about pc's back in 2012 when i was build this one i would take phenom 2 x6 wich would be a little bit better now maybe hah

Yes that's sad,if i knew more about pc's back in 2012 when i was build this one i would take phenom 2 x6 wich would be a little bit better now maybe hah

it would be better in some games indeed (battlefield...) but in many other games it performs the same...for gaming you want fast CPU cores and AMD can't provide that ATM.

it would be better in some games indeed (battlefield...) but in many other games it performs the same...for gaming you want fast CPU cores and AMD can't provide that ATM.

I know that :/