OnePlus One or LG G3 ?

Mukessh

Which would you go for ? Both are about the same price in my country . 

G3 

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

well they are very similar apart from the screens and ram. in software the oneplus one wins couse its cm11. but the g3 has the same screen size and its smaller

however dont buy the oneplus one overpriced from a local shop lol. you can preorder it in 5 days. http://preorder.oneplus.net

G3, if its the same price, OPO can go suck a d*ck for all I care

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

one plus one, the screen sharpening and stuttering in the G3 UI makes it unusable.

Don't let resolution be a deciding factor, there isn't much of a difference to be seen on 5.5 inch. And besides the resolution, the display on the G3 isn't that special. The display on the OPO also isn't perfect either, colors are a bit cold and dark colors are a bit light. Nothing deal breaking on both devices either. The choice should come to personal preference really.

The G3 has no buttons on the sides, all are placed on the rear. Something which requires a bit of getting used to. And the G3 also comes with its own Android skin, which i have never really used, so i can't really judge it. When it comes to size, the G3 is a little bit smaller, by a couple of millimeters. The biggest downside i could think of is the speaker facing to the rear.

The Oneplus is probably the cleanest phone you can get, the entire front is elegant and doesn't have any flashing logo's. The rear is made out of sandstone, a nice material that keeps the phone from slipping out of your hand. The Oneplus ships with a fairly unique Android skin, Cyanogen. A fantastic skin that comes with great customization and adds to Android what i found to be missing. The speakers are placed on the bottom and they sound really good, JBL helped with fine tuning them. They recently announced partnership.

You should check out some showdowns people posted of these devices on YouTube. They can be very helpful for your decision. And don't let anyone tell you that the Oneplus isn't worth it just because it's Chinese, it's a fantastic device and i absolutely love mine.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Whoa there is a lot of OnePlus hate in this thread. I would personally choose the OnePlus over the G3 because 1440p is not needed on such a small screen unless you are using Google Cardboard or something. Also battery life.

LG G3 is just about to get Android L I think.

OnePlus is going to get the 5.0 update within the 90 days of release as well.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Oneplus One, G3's display is washed out and the back plastic is slimy and cheap feeling like a Samsung S 3.

OnePlus, fantastic phone best I've ever owned. I've literally never had any issues with mine, no bugs or glitches. Plus regular updates! I used to think I could never move away from stock android, but now I'm thinking I could never move away from Cyanogenmod, the amount of options you have is unreal. Battery life in my experience when setup right is fantastic for a phone these days, I can get 3 full days on normal use and 2 on heavy.

I'm sure the G3 is a great phone, I've not had any hands on time with it though. Screen is in my opinion not worth it in the trade off against battery life, but just read up and make an informed decision for yourself, enjoy which ever phone you do decide to go for!

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Oneplus One has better features than LG G3.But some people complain about its issue even andriod authority does!.

OnePlus, fantastic phone best I've ever owned. I've literally never had any issues with mine, no bugs or glitches. Plus regular updates! I used to think I could never move away from stock android, but now I'm thinking I could never move away from Cyanogenmod, the amount of options you have is unreal. Battery life in my experience when setup right is fantastic for a phone these days, I can get 3 full days on normal use and 2 on heavy.

I'm sure the G3 is a great phone, I've not had any hands on time with it though. Screen is in my opinion not worth it in the trade off against battery life, but just read up and make an informed decision for yourself, enjoy which ever phone you do decide to go for!

http://www.androidauthority.com/7-common-issues-oneplus-one-fix-536082/

I am not sure how you are not getting these issues.

Oneplus One has better features than LG G3.But some people complain about its issue even andriod authority does!.

Never had any of those issues apart from touch screen, I've had it for month and a half and once just 2 days ago the touch screen wasn't picking multi touch up properly (single touch was fine), restarted the phone and it was back to normal, then got the new update the other day and no issues at all. Battery is absolutely great for me, I actually find myself trying to run the phone out of battery on purpose (screen brightness to full, everything on, screen on for half hour timeout etc) sometimes as it takes that long to use the battery up.

The yellow tint was on the early models and fixed itself but after a while, but the newer production ones do not have this issue at all. Never noticed any slow charging on it, takes about 2 to 2 and a half hours to charge, I always let my battery drain completely before a charge, and it's never randomly rebooted on me either. Ever.

Perhaps the UK ones are different to the production ones you get in the US however?

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Never had any of those issues apart from touch screen, I've had it for month and a half and once just 2 days ago the touch screen wasn't picking multi touch up properly (single touch was fine), restarted the phone and it was back to normal, then got the new update the other day and no issues at all. Battery is absolutely great for me, I actually find myself trying to run the phone out of battery on purpose (screen brightness to full, everything on, screen on for half hour timeout etc) sometimes as it takes that long to use the battery up.

The yellow tint was on the early models and fixed itself but after a while, but the newer production ones do not have this issue at all. Never noticed any slow charging on it, takes about 2 to 2 and a half hours to charge, I always let my battery drain completely before a charge, and it's never randomly rebooted on me either. Ever.

Perhaps the UK ones are different to the production ones you get in the US however?

Its not US :( Its Pakistan  http://homeshopping.pk/products/OnePlus-One-16GB-4G-Silk-White-Price-in-Pakistan.html I believe its chinese version :(

Its not US :( Its Pakistan  http://homeshopping.pk/products/OnePlus-One-16GB-4G-Silk-White-Price-in-Pakistan.html I believe its chinese version :(

It appears to me that they have just 1 version that they sell worldwide, the USB-to-wall adapter ships in a separate box. That is the official version sold by Oneplus, i've heard that there are unofficial versions of the Oneplus, and the biggest difference is that they don't ship with Cyanogen, but with ColorOS (OPPO's software). I've run into some of those issues, the charger does get a bit hot, but I've felt much hotter chargers. And the charger for my Lumia 900 seems ineffective when i try it on my Oneplus, the original charger works flawlessly though. It does have a very good quality cable, the metal is gold plated and the cable is flat. Better than any other cable I've ever seen to come with a smartphone.

Looking at the details on the adapters, it seems the OPO's adapter has over double the ampere output than my Lumia's adapter. Might be something they've done to allow for faster charging.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I know it probably seems that because I have this device that I will be one of those guys you see on the internet that will defend anything to the death and lie about issues just because they have one. Just let me assure you that in my own experience I have not had these issues apart from the slight touchscreen issue I mentioned above. Just thought I'd throw that out there incase anyone thinks I'm biased!  :)

The only issue I have ever gotten from that list was a random restart,and it has only happened once since I have had my phone. My phone charges surprisingly fast as long as it is on the USB to wall adapter and not a lower amperage like from a computer. I also only charge it once every 3 days.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I just got the OnePlus One and its pretty awesome. When it comes to price the OnePlus One wins hands down. But the LG G3 does have some cool things going for it.

I just got the OnePlus One and its pretty awesome. When it comes to price the OnePlus One wins hands down. But the LG G3 does have some cool things going for it.

Problem for OP is that prices are the same according to him

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Which would you go for ? Both are about the same price in my country . 

OnePlus One has the performance benefit (same CPU and GPU, but 1440p vs 1080p) and afaik is slightly ahead in battery life

"Rawr XD"