collegeboard rant.

Tocsin_786

i think im not the only one that hates the SAT's. i dont understand how i can get an average score when a completely stupid person can get something like a 2000. the test is very long and tedious and the terminology on some sections are out of this world.

im applying to a university and they are coming to my school to interview students and let them know whether they get accepted or not on sight.  my guidance counselor told me to send my scores in. i asked if they get mailed in. and he replied that its all electronic (like sending Email). so then i go through menus and layers to finally get my scores that i payed $50 fucks to get. then i have to send them in ELECTRONICALLY. which also costs $11.25. then i also get the message saying that it is sent within 1-2 weeks. FOR A FRIGGIN ELECTRONIC THING. my interview date is in 9 days (thank god i didnt procrastinate to do something that i thought was as instant as email, to send) and i dont know if it will get to my college in time or not. let alone not knowing how long the university takes in order to process such a thing. 

i also dont get what the point of such a test is, the testing is bogus. we are all about capitalism but this is basically a money whore monopoly on something we dont actually need. my grades are good enough for me to get into this university but if i fuck up on this stupid test i have a high chance of not getting accepted. also my college doesnt even require the SAT if have graduated high school 2 years ago. i also dont understand their grading methods, its all very confusing on how the math section is graded or the no point rules for student works sections. then we also find out that after 2 years it wont be required by colleges as it is now. like wtf is wrong with these people. i do understand that millions of students apply for college and seats may not always be available. but this is no way to go about doing such a thing. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

It's all for money bud, it's stupid I know. The higher ups in the SAT testing 'business' get paid RIDICULOUS amounts of money. It's corruption in the school system, and it's absolutely obnoxious and disgusting.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Wow... Where's this? Canada or USA?

This dosnt seem cool at all...

US. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Don't worry about it....says me who still has vivid memories of the terribleness of the SAT, it's such a bullshit test, it tests your knowledge of the test and not your knowledge of stuff. Even worse are those fucking subject tests, omg I hate those things.  DW I GOT A 630 IN MATH WHEN I GOT 5/5 FOR CALC AB/BC, LEGIT RIGHT.  And in the end I barely managed to get an SAT superscore of 2020.  

Somehow I'm in Berkeley...somehow....

Just remember your essays count too, I'm under the belief that my essays basically saved my ass from my relatively low SAT scores compared to my peers in university.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I got like a 1800 I think, max at the time was 2400 if I remember correctly. 

Didn't go to college or uni anyway so it was pointless in a sense. 

It's all for money bud, it's stupid I know. The higher ups in the SAT testing 'business' get paid RIDICULOUS amounts of money. It's corruption in the school system, and it's absolutely obnoxious and disgusting.

*cough* Testmasters *cough*

Their making all that practice SAT money!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I got like a 1800 I think, max at the time was 2400 if I remember correctly. 

Didn't go to college or uni anyway so it was pointless in a sense. 

*cough* Testmasters *cough*

Their making all that practice SAT money!

idk what to do with life if i dont go to college. who will hire me? what would i do? what have you managed to do since you dont have a piece of paper that tells you that you are capable of doing something 

idk what to do with life if i dont go to college. who will hire me? what would i do? what have you managed to do since you dont have a piece of paper that tells you that you are capable of doing something

Well lets see, I've managed to obtain TONS of free time. I've got tons of work experience in various jobs, Web Design/Graphic Design, IT Support, retail work in stores, and stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. I really lack a social life, since not being in college or uni takes away your chances at meeting lots of people.

I've managed to pursue my dream job and obtain it, though it was no easy road... 

Put your strengths to use, learn what you need to know, and understand what your weaknesses are. I did self study in subjects I had a interest in and put that knowledge to use. I'm no student with a fancy degree to prove I've learned a major in school, and I'm not a extremely smart prodigy that managed to open his own company or anything, I'm just someone who knows his limits and tries to expand on them with knowledge. 

8FkZym4.gif

Not to mention the amount of money thrown to SAT classes and tutors, me included.

I never took any of those SAT classes though, so I didn't feed them any money.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Well lets see, I've managed to obtain TONS of free time. I've got tons of work experience in various jobs, Web Design/Graphic Design, IT Support, retail work in stores, and stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. I really lack a social life, since not being in college or uni takes away your chances at meeting lots of people.

I've managed to pursue my dream job and obtain it, though it was no easy road... 

Put your strengths to use, learn what you need to know, and understand what your weaknesses are. I did self study in subjects I had a interest in and put that knowledge to use. I'm no student with a fancy degree to prove I've learned a major in school, and I'm not a extremely smart prodigy that managed to open his own company or anything, I'm just someone who knows his limits and tries to expand on them with knowledge. 

I never took any of those SAT classes though, so I didn't feed them any money.

you sir are an inspiration. but lets say my strengths are coding and video production, how would someone like IBM or sony columbia pictures hire me if i dont have a degree. its gonna be the same as having a shitty sat score. 

you sir are an inspiration. but lets say my strengths are coding and video production, how would someone like IBM or sony columbia pictures hire me if i dont have a degree. its gonna be the same as having a shitty sat score. 

Inspiration? Please... no I'm not I'm just a normal guy sitting in front of the computer. 

a8RU27x.gif

Ask yourself do you really want to work for a big company? Working in a big company means it's most likely gonna be harder to go up the food chain there, pay may stagnate, and your not immune in the job security department if something goes bad. Sometimes you gotta take small steps, in order to familiarize yourself with things you gotta do to take big steps. 

One of the leveraging factors used with the SAT is, those who have a good SAT score show that they are capable of putting the time and effort into learning whatever is necessary for a good SAT score, even if the actual content of the test won't show how smart you really are in worldly matters. 

Inspiration? Please... no I'm not I'm just a normal guy sitting in front of the computer. 

Ask yourself do you really want to work for a big company? Working in a big company means it's most likely gonna be harder to go up the food chain there, pay may stagnate, and your not immune in the job security department if something goes bad. Sometimes you gotta take small steps, in order to familiarize yourself with things you gotta do to take big steps. 

One of the leveraging factors used with the SAT is, those who have a good SAT score show that they are capable of putting the time and effort into learning whatever is necessary for a good SAT score, even if the actual content of the test won't show how smart you really are in worldly matters. 

i have a plan B. my uncle owns a printing business that can generate more than 300k. a year if i help my uncle expand. i would like to go into video production or a field relevant in computer science. but nothing is "secure" these days. but my plan B is good enough for me to take risks. 

i have a plan B. my uncle owns a printing business that can generate more than 300k. a year if i help my uncle expand. i would like to go into video production or a field relevant in computer science. but nothing is "secure" these days. but my plan B is good enough for me to take risks. 

Having a back up plan is a must these days. Good on you for having one! If you like video production and computer science then shoot for those, do mad research and get as much experience as you can, get a taste of how it is to work in those fields. Gauge how well you think you'd fit into a job position related to those majors, and then go from there. If you really want something then you should push yourself in that general direction eh? 

Having a back up plan is a must these days. Good on you for having one! If you like video production and computer science then shoot for those, do mad research and get as much experience as you can, get a taste of how it is to work in those fields. Gauge how well you think you'd fit into a job position related to those majors, and then go from there. If you really want something then you should push yourself in that general direction eh? 

i have an idea for both fields. but both are very VERY competitive. im going to try my best. and thanks for all the input 

anything to do with university's takes weeks, I put some paper work in last month and the ETA on a reply is February

Its all about those volumetric clouds

i have an idea for both fields. but both are very VERY competitive. im going to try my best. and thanks for all the input 

Yuppp one of the reasons I stopped focusing on Graphic and Web Design was because the field is very competitive, and I felt like I lacked creativity required to excel in those fields. Perfect example of gauging how suitable the job is for you right there lol.

Go for it!

zxp4N3Q.gif

You play the game or the game plays you.

That's just how it is.

System: Thinkpad T460