HyperX cloud sound too low and quality not that noticable

gilgameshflood

Hi everyone. New here(as a registered member).
I just got my HyperX cloud headset today. Compared to my plantronics 780 it sounded almost inaudible at full volume.
I also noticed many sounds that I could hear from the 780 headset, I couldn't in my HyperX cloud.
This was tested with the same movie. The gaming sound too has the same problems.
The hyperx just sounds like a cheap stereo headset I had.
Here are my specs:
Windows 8.1, 990FX extreme9 mobo.
Installed audio software:
1. Realtek audio driver software from motherboad manufacturer.
2. Nvidia 650ti HD audio software.
3. Plantronics software not uninstalled.
And my pins are connected to back of motherboard. 
I find this current quality of sound to be very disappointing compared to my 780 headset. Please help get this right(If it's not already).
Sorry about the last line. My main problem here is the noticeable quality of sound difference and low volume. Have i set this headset properly?

You do not need Razer Surround, listen to this.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Try letting it burn in first. The HyperX Cloud was based off a headphone originally intended for music listening, not gaming. Your old headset also had nearly half the impedance and higher sensitivity. This is why they can go louder on their own, might need more juice to really drive them to their potential. Regardless, even headsets marked as surround, you're still blasting sound  to two channels (your ears), doesn't matter if you have multiple drivers or it's simulated. But it's understandable that you were used to a different sound signature. Myself, I prefer solid stereo for headphones and surround for actual speaker set ups.

I own the Clouds and can tell you this is not the case with my headphones. They get plenty loud with a solid sound signature. Have you tried other devices like your phone or another PC? It could be a driver problem.

I own the Clouds and can tell you this is not the case with my headphones. They get plenty loud with a solid sound signature. Have you tried other devices like your phone or another PC? It could be a driver problem.

Yeah, drivers can be a huge pain, especially when it concerns audio. Forever ago my drivers borked and the sound quality was super low and awful.

Back to the OP. I ordered the original headphones the HyperX Clouds are based off of as well as a USB dac amp. Once those arrive, I'll be comparing them to my current pair of headphones I'm going to retire.

Sounds like you might benefit from an amp. You should also make sure you don't have any effects enabled (normalization, equalizer, surround, etc.) and see if any of them is the culprit.

Yes. This seems like a driver problem. For some reason It seems like many clearly noticeable sounds are missing compared to the other headset. Ive reinstalled them with latest version and still no change. And audio is too low.
Maybe some settings in control panel need changing? Or something needs to be changed in realtek menu?

Sounds like you might benefit from an amp. You should also make sure you don't have any effects enabled (normalization, equalizer, surround, etc.) and see if any of them is the culprit.

I checked it. No effects were enabled and stereo was selected.

Sounds like your onboard just doesn't have very much juice to power them.

Have you tried them out of other devices, as others suggested? (Ipod, phone, tablet, laptop, etc)

If they're still quiet, you'd benefit from something like this, it will make them much louder, and even has a nice volume wheel.

http://www.amazon.com/Syba-Stereo-Headphone-Amplifier-SD-DAC63057/dp/B009WN7QT4

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

You do not need Razer Surround, listen to this.

Video games don't have binaural sound engines. Your example doesn't mean anything.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Sounds like your onboard just doesn't have very much juice to power them.

Have you tried them out of other devices, as others suggested? (Ipod, phone, tablet, laptop, etc)

If they're still quiet, you'd benefit from something like this, it will make them much louder, and even has a nice volume wheel.

http://www.amazon.com/Syba-Stereo-Headphone-Amplifier-SD-DAC63057/dp/B009WN7QT4

I tried them with a nokia X3 02 just a few minutes back and the sound was very impressive and reasonably loud. I really enjoyed it. 

But I don't see how my motherboard can have a bad sound card for the price I paid for it. Still hoping there is a software issue somewhere because good sound cards can be very expensive(from whatever I've read on the net).

I tried them with a nokia X3 02 just a few minutes back and the sound was very impressive and reasonably loud. I really enjoyed it. 

But I don't see how my motherboard can have a bad sound card for the price I paid for it. Still hoping there is a software issue somewhere because good sound cards can be very expensive(from whatever I've read on the net).

$50 expensive to you? I guess that depends on personal opinion.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Sorry but I gotta say:

$50 expensive to you? I guess that depends on personal opinion.

That's pretty stupid and mean. Personal opinion? Seriously? What the actual fack.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

They it on the front panel. I think that mobo is one of the wierd ones where I live the front is amped. You may get some interference though.

It actually works! I miss the surround sound effects, but the quality is absolutely worth the price.

The loudness and the quality of the clear audio is very enjoyable.

Thanks everyone.

Sorry but I gotta say:

That's pretty stupid and mean. Personal opinion? Seriously? What the actual fack.

The fuck is wrong with you? Quit being a cunt.

Wanna back up your opinion with facts and evidence kid?

The fuck is wrong with you? Quit being a cunt.

Wanna back up your opinion with facts and evidence kid?

Damn, you mad bro? But I love cunts :( !

Come on, don't get angry at me over the interwebs, "grown up guy", I'm not a kid anymore, I'm a teenager, lmao!

Fact and evidence... - wat?

For me, you implied something very dumb saying that "$50 might be expensive to you [not to me]". That's not personal opinion, rather, it's one's social/economical position. I guess poor people have the option to choose what's expensive or not.

So if something is expensive to me, and not to you, then my "personal opinion" is weird, right?

Not sure if you meant that the way I understood it or not but, either way, try to not be a "dirty mouth". Unless you need that, then sure, I feel you.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

Damn, you mad bro? But I love cunts :( !

Come on, don't get angry at me over the interwebs, "grown up guy", I'm not a kid anymore, I'm a teenager, lmao!

Fact and evidence... - wat?

For me, you implied something very dumb saying that "$50 might be expensive to you [not to me]". That's not personal opinion, rather, it's one's social/economical position. I guess poor people have the option to choose what's expensive or not.

So if something is expensive to me, and not to you, then my "personal opinion" is weird, right?

Not sure if you meant that the way I understood it or not but, either way, try to not be a "dirty mouth". Unless you need that, then sure, I feel you.

So... beliefs on how much money is a lot based upon social-economical position doesn't count as an opinion, and people of the same social/economical position cannot have a different opinions on how much money is a lot simply based on individual person opinions (which can vary from neighborhood to neighborhood, family to family, and across each individual family member) or opinions about how much money is warranted for a given task (also based on opinions about whether the task is even worth doing and if so, how much) is... not opinion? Thanks for telling me what I meant to say, by the way. You must know me better than I know me.

You are even more retarded than Elucid. I think LTT forum is populated by a bunch of weenie teens and little kids.

Here's a picture of two bunnies. Let's take a break.

cup-of-bunnies.gif?w=580

No compliments this time, I'm amazed!

And yeah, weenie teens and little kids deserve their place on the interwebs as well!

C ya