I want to know what power supply i need for this build!

Sayed

I am going to get my new PC in around two weeks but am unsure about one thing... WTF POWER SUPPLY SHOULD I GET??? I was told the Seasonic in this build is great but i don't really know. If there is something better without making the price go up alot. Here is thy build: http://bit.ly/10NRHvk (psst i call her virginity keeper). I am planning on getting the Samsung 850 PRO in a little while hence why it is not included in my build.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: (Don't ask why i put the ninjas)

That PSU you have picked is absolutely fine for that build, Seasonic make just about the best PSU's you can get. People have a habit of over stretching the PSU to things like 700w (which you really don't need), unless you are planning to SLI that 970 in the future in which case you could spring the extra cash now to save yourself in the future :)

CPU: AMD FX6300 Motherboard: MSI 970A G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Memory GPU: NVidia GTX 770 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 White w/ Window Storage: 180GB SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850 Display: HP IPS 1200p Cooling: Fully Watercooled Keyboard: CM Storm TK White  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Sound: Temporary Speakers Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro Phone: OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone

LOOKING TO UPGRADE TO DUAL 970's FOR DAT 4K!

SeaSonic PSU is the go-to for people who are uber-concerned about power supplies. They provide all the numbers you'll want and have good user satisfaction and amazing build quality.

Otherwise, a CX500M will suit you fine....

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Corsair CX500 should be fine. For future expansion, 700-850W 80+Gold PSU.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

Its fine

I'd spend some extra cash and get an evga SuperNova 750 because its just some bucks more (too lazy to check priching in usd right now) also very well build and youll be able to go sli 970 with it without having to think about watts

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

Its fine

I'd spend some extra cash and get an evga SuperNova 750 because its just some bucks more (too lazy to check priching in usd right now) also very well build and youll be able to go sli 970 with it without having to think about watts

The Supernova is worse than the S12G.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i was thinking about 250 extra wattage for a future sli and about the SuoerNova G2

can you tell me what is so bad about it?

To correct my mistake: Seasonics PSUs are great just go with it!

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

The EVGA Supernova G2 is better than the Seasonic S12G. If you are talking about the NEX units then that is a different story.

i was thinking about 250 extra wattage for a future sli and about the SuoerNova G2

can you tell me what is so bad about it?

The EVGA Supernova G2 is better than the Seasonic S12G. If you are talking about the NEX units then that is a different story.

I thought he was referring to the G1's. even though they are Supernova, G2's usually aren't referred to as such.

The G1's are worse than S12G's and G2's are better. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I thought he was referring to the G1's. even though they are Supernova, G2's usually aren't referred to as such.

The G1's are worse than S12G's and G2's are better. 

Was a bit unprecise there i think  :lol:  My fault on that.

Main Rig:

-

Obsidian 250D Build Log