Good quiet Case Fan's and fans for a H220

zoso_the_page

Hello everyone,

I am going to be buying a new craphics card soon most likely a 7950 or 7870 GHZ edtion it will a open cooler for silence,

For me the power of 4 titains but if its loud i can't truly enjoy and i also have a baby daughter to listen for,

Affter i get my new card i will be moving my Evga P67 SLI with my 2500k And OCZ blade ram Into a new case i set a budget for this upgrade for around 800 dollars

200-300 for the graphics

150 Max for case i will most likely get a fractal R4

200 for a larger good brand SSD 250GB

I wil be buying a swifttech H220 and i will replace the fan's

I thinking about the following

1. noctua fans 3 NF-F12's 2 for H220 and 1 for my harddrive cage i have 4 3TB WD Green's and a OCZ Vertex 3 120GB and another few NF-A14's

2. Or the corsair series fans

thank you all

I personally like both Corsair and Noctua fans. Make sure you get the SP series of fans. They're pressure optimized for rads/heatsinks.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yeah, they are both great options. For Corsair, beyond the SP editions, make sure you get the quiet editions. There is not a massive difference in performance, and they are great for silence. Choosing between Noctua and Corsair would be hard, but it also depends on what you're looking for in terms of looks. Also, it seems like Noctua is coming out with some new colors. Check this out: 

noiseblocker eloop's perform better for the noise they produce compared to any other fan 

when it comes to rads and heatsinks

Edited by bennyino

The new Noctuas that extremescouter linked are awesome. You should probably wait for them. As far as the GPU goes, get a 7950. For a case I would recommend getting the Corsair 600T, awesome case. And last but not least, for a SSD go for (the obvious) Samsung 840 250GB

Hope it helped.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Noiseblocker PL-2

Noiseblocker PLPS

Gentle Typhoon 1850's

Excellent fans.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Hey thanks so much guys =) so here is what i am thinking tell what ya guys think please....

I am set on a fractil R4 i love the look of the case and its a slience case for me the most imporant is slience if my machine is loud i can't stand i am weird i guess haha

yeah the samsung 840 sounds great smasung has never let me down my in my wife and I's  bed room TV is a samsung

noctua fan's seems really great me i will be buying 2 NF-F12's for the H220 what fans are good case fan's from noctua sorry i have been out the loop for awhile.

as far the GPU goes what is a quiter card the 7950 DCUII from asus or the MSI 7950 with the twin frozer cooler of there's honestly i will pay more for silence and good quality card

thanks so much guys and happy fathers to any of my fellow dad's haha

why not do the case swap and then if it needs more, then return for more

insight.. the R4 does a pretty good job making loud devices tolerable. but if

using an open cooler GPU, you've pretty much sabotaged the experience.

the idea is to eliminate noise producing devices and then any case could be

used. cases with doors aren't the only silent cases available.

since you have a need (silence) you'd need the whole plan. water-cooling.

360x 60 rad (low fpi), using either 3x Noctua F12 fans or Corsair SP120QE

fans at 1000rpm or less. all the cooling needed for CPU/GPU and no need

for fan speeds to run up and run down.. simple one fan speed.

the rest of the case can use low decibel fans to circulate air in case.

just and observation

airdeano