Camera for my friends mom.

Go to solution Solved by boogschd,

id probably just tell her to get a canon G1X or a canon S110 ?

most would be off putted by the size of DSLR's

My Friend recently came to me about how he waned to get his mom a new camera because she had a really bad Nikon point and shoot that takes absolute crap pics. He gave me a range of about $650 us. Being a micro 4/3 user i was thinking of an Olympus pen ep3 and the panasonic 45-200 zoom. It is coming out to about $639. Another thing is the Sony RX100 for about $649. They want very good picture quality. What do you guys think and any other suggestions? 

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb  

I would say go for the Canon t3i. I know that the t4i and t5i came out, but they really don't add anything beyond a touchscreen. You can find great deals on the t3i, and it takes amazing pictures. If you want, you can check out this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/91584772@N04/with/8964483381/

Those are all pictures that I've taken with the t3i, just to give you an idea of it's image quality. It also is very user friendly, and my mom can easily take great pics with it, even without knowing all of it's advanced features. 

I would say go for the Canon t3i. I know that the t4i and t5i came out, but they really don't add anything beyond a touchscreen. You can find great deals on the t3i, and it takes amazing pictures. If you want, you can check out this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/91584772@N04/with/8964483381/

Those are all pictures that I've taken with the t3i, just to give you an idea of it's image quality. It also is very user friendly, and my mom can easily take great pics with it, even without knowing all of it's advanced features. 

Ya that is a really good one and i was considering that but they don't like the idea of a "big" dslr. That's why the other option was a high end point and shoot. 

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb  

Ya that is a really good one and i was considering that but they don't like the idea of a "big" dslr. That's why the other option was a high end point and shoot. 

Yeah, so maybe a Nikon 1 J1, or a Canon SX 500? Also, have his mom read the second review on Amazon about the t3i: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3AMTDCW73QB03/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004J3V90Y&nodeID=502394&store=photo

Maybe that will convince her to get a DSLR, as they have much better quality, and she may end up being happier with it, even if it does mean bringing around a larger camera. 

id probably just tell her to get a canon G1X or a canon S110 ?

most would be off putted by the size of DSLR's

2500k,4.3GHZ · Hyper.212.+ · P67A-UD3-B3 · 2x4GB.1600Mhz · GTX 760 AMP!.2GB · M4.128GB · WDCBlue.1TB · WDCGreen.3TB · WDCGreen.1.5TB · XFX.XXX.650W · HAF.912.Advance
ND7000 · 17-50 f/2.8 · 50 f/1.8

for a high end point and shoot have you looked at the fujifilm x--- range. i have used the x10, not sure if its in price, but a great camera