PC wont post/ No beeps/ No video

Heizu
Go to solution Solved by xkingalexx,

battery is still present. i have taken it all apart no loose metal or connectors

I'd say your board is dead. see if you can get a cheap on on ebay

So I am trying to fix this PC and everytime i plug in the Power Supply the PC immediately turns on without me doing anything. This has nothing to do with stuck case buttons already tested.

Also it does not display any video off its on board VGA port or when i attach a video card. All the fans turn on and nothing else happens. The system is pretty old. It runs a Intel Pentium and

its motherboard is a Foxconn G33M02. I have already tested the PSU and all other devices connected to the Motherboard. I have removed the Ram and still nothing. I also tried the "method"

where you disconnect the power and hold the case power buttons for a bit and that led me no where. Any advice/help is much appreciated!

the only thing i can think it to be is the motherboard its self or the CPU have you got a spare of eiter?

sorry i didnt post that. I do not have another motherboard or cpu to test

sorry i didnt post that. I do not have another motherboard or cpu to test

Oh sorry, thought it was you. Dam trolls..

look on the motherboard... are any of the capacitors blown or bulged at the top.... if not see if there is a bent pin in the LGA775 Socket.

leaking-dell-capacitors.jpg

no visual damage/wear on any of the capacitors and no bent pins in the socket.

no visual damage/wear on any of the capacitors and no bent pins in the socket.

im thinking its an electrical fault... i would recomend getting a new mobo and seing what happens from there , you can get socket 775 boards on ebay for about £10-£20 or $15-$25... http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2141725.m570.l1311.R1.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xsocket+7&_nkw=socket+775+motherboard&_sacat=0#item5d512b1efe

Wait a minute.. G33M02.. From a dell inspiron 530?

Are the bue plastic jumpers still on the board in the bottom right corner?

it sounds like a failed self test. i had a similar issue, i took it apart and found a piece of metal on the back of the board was causing a short. have you taken it apart and visually inspected it?

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

battery is still present. i have taken it all apart no loose metal or connectors

I'd say your board is dead. see if you can get a cheap on on ebay