Help with building a budget PC with $1000 budget

syslog
Go to solution Solved by ilikemacandpc,

@ilikemacandpc

Thank you for your help. I think i will still go with the water cooling unit. In case of the motherboard, that's definitely cheaper and i will most certainly go with that. In regards with the memory, i think DD3-1600 is enough for me. But i will try to look for a cheaper set of rams. For the storage, i will use your recommendation. For the graphics card, i'm still not quite sure.

@s3ns3

I'm still unsure if I will be using nvdia cards or amd cards. Which of the two will benefit more in terms of performance using a 2 way gpu?

Nvidia vs AMD doesn't really matter. 

DDR3 1866 and above does have a tangible performance benfit in some games, and barely costs any more. I would go for at least a 2133 kit, considering how cheap they are relative to 1600 kits. 

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to read this post. As I've mentioned in the title, I'm in need of assistance in regards to PC parts that will eventually become part of my first rig. I want to have a rig that is capable of playing games like D3, Dota2, ArchAge and some demanding games like BF3, etc. I also want to be able to do programming, and other sorts of things like browsing the web. I also need some adequate storage for movies, music, games and work files. I have been watching LinusTechTips from youtube and did some research on what to put in my system. Here's a list of it.

CPU : Intel Core i5-4690k 3.5Ghz Quad-Core Processor                    $239.94

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240m Water cooling Kit                $99.99

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP ATX LGA1150                        $174.46

Memory : Corsair XMS3 DD3-1600 2x4GB                                          $78.98

Storage : Kingston SSDNow KC300 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive       $83.76

Storage : Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hard Drive              $87.98

Video Card : Sapphire Radeon R9 270x 2GB Dual-X                           $181.99

Case : NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case                                 $64.99

PSU : EVGA SuperNova NEX 650W 80+Gold Cert Fully Modular         $79.99

Total:                                                                                                     $1092.08 (not including the rebates and discounts in pcpartpicker)

My question is, do I need to change the motherboard to a different one so that it is less costly? Which one would you recommend? How about the graphics card? Do I need to swap it to a better GPU? (I'm planning to do a 2 way GPU in the future) My budget for this build is $1000, and I don't want to spend more than that at the moment.

I may be able to swap the motherboard to a cheaper one and maybe put some more for the GPU. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

You should get a Z97 board. That's a Z87 board.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Any recommendations for a good cheap Z97 board?

Any recommendations for a good cheap Z97 board?

Some. But just give me 10 minutes on pcpartpicker...

This is much better:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.94 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 KILLER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($66.74 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($269.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $996.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-08 15:13 EST-0500

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Just oT: is 1000$ really "budget"? Just imo not really xD

Man, its getting really late. i notice i should better go to bed :D

~Straw

@ilikemacandpc

Thank you for your help. I think i will still go with the water cooling unit. In case of the motherboard, that's definitely cheaper and i will most certainly go with that. In regards with the memory, i think DD3-1600 is enough for me. But i will try to look for a cheaper set of rams. For the storage, i will use your recommendation. For the graphics card, i'm still not quite sure.

@s3ns3

I'm still unsure if I will be using nvdia cards or amd cards. Which of the two will benefit more in terms of performance using a 2 way gpu?

@ilikemacandpc

@s3ns3

Nvidia vs AMD doesn't really matter. 

DDR3 1866 and above does have a tangible performance benfit in some games, and barely costs any more. I would go for at least a 2133 kit, considering how cheap they are relative to 1600 kits. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs