Screen tearing in Crossfire

Hi All

Pretty much as stated above, my PC screen keeps tearing in games while crossfire is enabled, even with FPS limited to 60fps, this issue is not the infamous eyefinity line, it is an issue in addition to that across all 3 screens on both eyefinity and standard resoloutions.

Any ideas how I can fix it other than using RadeonPro?

Why won't you try RadeonPro?

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Why won't you try RadeonPro?

I just don't wanna get into using third party programs to try and fix problems with products that should be supported well enough by their own makers, I mean sure if there really is no alternative I will try it as long as it does not void my warrenties but still, I'd rather find another soloution if thats possible.

Don't use crossfire? 

Thanks for the suggestion but thats a bit of a waste of £350.

Nice...

Hi All

Pretty much as stated above, my PC screen keeps tearing in games while crossfire is enabled, even with FPS limited to 60fps, this issue is not the infamous eyefinity line, it is an issue in addition to that across all 3 screens on both eyefinity and standard resoloutions.

Any ideas how I can fix it other than using RadeonPro?

Hi, you should enable V-sync, that will get rid of the screen tearing, I'm using a crossfire solution and that's how it goes away, limiting the FPS its not the same thing as far as I know.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

Hi, you should enable V-sync, that will get rid of the screen tearing, I'm using a crossfire solution and that's how it goes away, limiting the FPS its not the same thing as far as I know.

Thanks for the response but I have tried that in games without any luck, is there settings in the CCC that I need to enable too?

There must be a configuration issue, vsync eliminates screen tear at the cost of input lag/latency. In CCC there will be an option for vsync which you may have set to 'off' or similar.

As above, limiting the fps with a frame limiter can help reduce it, but you can still get screen tear at or below your displays 'refresh' rate.

There must be a configuration issue, vsync eliminates screen tear at the cost of input lag/latency. In CCC there will be an option for vsync which you may have set to 'off' or similar.

As above, limiting the fps with a frame limiter can help reduce it, but you can still get screen tear at or below your displays 'refresh' rate.

Yeah I may have been doing something wrong for a while, while I thought it was enabled across all games I found only one game (which I was having other issues with anyway) had VSync disabled, this leads me to believe maybe its a single game issue or maybe its an issue with Eyefinity as I am currently running a single display with only 1 cable in the back of the graphics card and its looking ok. I will do some more testing.

My Monitors are really slow Dell U2312HMs so that probably does not help, but I fail to see how they can be unusable, there has got to be some work around.

Thanks for the response but I have tried that in games without any luck, is there settings in the CCC that I need to enable too?

There is an option under the crossfire section of CCC that you can enable to "force" v-sync to all programs, try using that.

Another thing is, if your monitor are too slow, what you may be seeing is ghosting, and not so much screen tearing, just a thought.

Tell us if you found a solution, or if you are still battling.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

well radeonpro is your solution. it's up to you if you want to use it or not.

i'm assuming you only use proprietary software then? because you'd have a very hard windows life if you wish to follow the philosophy about third party you previously stated.

Use RadeonPro, using it on my 7990 and its glorious, almost replaces CCC completely!

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

This is a pretty typical problem with crossfire I'm led to believe, so far the only options is wait until a driver update that fixes the issue or just go Nvidia 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Yeah I may have been doing something wrong for a while, while I thought it was enabled across all games I found only one game (which I was having other issues with anyway) had VSync disabled, this leads me to believe maybe its a single game issue or maybe its an issue with Eyefinity as I am currently running a single display with only 1 cable in the back of the graphics card and its looking ok. I will do some more testing.

My Monitors are really slow Dell U2312HMs so that probably does not help, but I fail to see how they can be unusable, there has got to be some work around.

I don't think you understand frame latencies. Dell U2312HM's are one of THE lowest frame latency monitors on the market(that means it is FASTER). I own one, I know how they work.

Use RadeonPro, it's third party software and it WON'T void your warranty. Set it up, force V-sync on all your games and let it run in the background, after doing all of that you shouldn't notice anything different, but just a smoother gameplay experience.

Use RadeonPro, using it on my 7990 and its glorious, almost replaces CCC completely!

This all over, 7870Ghz in CFX and it fixed all my CFX issues. Dynamic V-sync is epic. Get RadeonPro..

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

just an FYI to the OP. AMD actually started looking at the source code for RadeonPro and started assisting the developer. So it may not be considered official but AMD is helping with its development. Not sure if this convinces you.

This all over, 7870Ghz in CFX and it fixed all my CFX issues. Dynamic V-sync is epic. Get RadeonPro..

Could not agree wtih you more! But before RadeonPro I did not see much of the MS or tearing as so many people claim, dont know if its because I use a Dual GPU card or not, not to knowledgeable about these things, but I feel like its alot smoother with radeonPro enabled. Just for the record gaming across 3x120HZ 1080p monitors with Eyefinity setup.

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK