Windows 8 incorrectly reading CPU and RAM speed

Speedstack79
Go to solution Solved by Volbet,

Disable Intel speedstep 

I just got Windows 8 (only reason for this is because of the supposedly performance increase); whenever I open task manager the CPU speed changes just about every second from 2ghz all the way to 3.2 ghz even though I have my CPU to 3.5 ghz (overclocked)[Pentium e6300]. Also the CPU multiplier constantly changes from 6 to 10.5.

2uCc4sN.png

Windows 8 also reports the RAM speed to be 400 Mhz when it is actually 666 mhz(CPU-z has it correct)

7cAr39R.png

So is the CPU actually running at 3.5 ghz? If it is not then do any of you know how to fix this?

person below me is a scrub

Disable any power saving features and see if the issue disappears. Your CPU is throttling itself.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have the power saving thing to high performance 

BpY3jUC.png

I went to the bios and disabled all power saving things and now it runs at a minimum speed of 3.16 ghz which is better, however I think it is just the task manager being stupid because when I run prime95 task manager says it never runs above 91% but speedfan says it is running at 100% and while running prime95(also when it is not running prime95) cpu-z reports that it is running at a constant 3.5ghz.

2XFaOho.png

person below me is a scrub