My HTC One is dead right?

PandaCopyRight

There's always the kick it till it works technique

have you tried that?

but sereously once i dropped my WP and the battery poped out, i poped it back in and nothing, took it out and back in, nothing, took it out, hit it on my wrist a few times (hard), put the battery back in, and it worked :P

tried that the 1st time it didnt turn on

No idea.. Just call them and let them know about the situation of it not turning on and if they can confirm they'll fix that, ask if they'll charge extra (if they want money to fix it) to replace the damaged screen.

mkay .... will do

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

My Find 5 did something similar last summer.I tried installing MIUI on it and I had formatted the phone before that, and I had no backup on.So after the installation failed,I wasleft with no OS on my phone.Tried everything but after a while it didn't turn back on, so I had to take out the battery(I had to disassemble the phone for that lol) and ghetto charge it with two wires connected to it and after a while it worked but I still had to try for 2 days to get an OS on it again

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Hold a torch up to the phone while pressing power and volume up. There is this stupid thing on the one that causes it to shut off and not turn back on unless you do that.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Hold a torch up to the phone while pressing power and volume up. There is this stupid thing on the one that causes it to shut off and not turn back on unless you do that.

sorry... i am not going to hold a torch next to my broken phone....

My Find 5 did something similar last summer.I tried installing MIUI on it and I had formatted the phone before that, and I had no backup on.So after the installation failed,I wasleft with no OS on my phone.Tried everything but after a while it didn't turn back on, so I had to take out the battery(I had to disassemble the phone for that lol) and ghetto charge it with two wires connected to it and after a while it worked but I still had to try for 2 days to get an OS on it again

well... im not skilled enough with tiny electronics to do that so i wont be attempting to do that

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Ok... so i contacted HTC support and they told me to connect my phone to my pc.... after like 5 minutes it showed that it was charging i guess it was so empty that nothing was working .... and then i got around to figuring out that my charger is dead....

sooo.... after conatcting the support and 1 new charger my phone is alive !!!!!  thanks @Darkman for recomending me to contact them xD

Did you try different chargers to make sure that the charger isn't the issue?

so.... apperently you where right man.... but the phone was so empty that 2 mins on the other charger did nothing xD

Yeah, it's best you take it to a store then. I'd assume the port broke because compared to other USB standards, the one used in phones are very weak (can't remember the name ATM.. It's 4am).

Micro USB

Ok... so i contacted HTC support and they told me to connect my phone to my pc.... after like 5 minutes it showed that it was charging i guess it was so empty that nothing was working .... and then i got around to figuring out that my charger is dead....

sooo.... after conatcting the support and 1 new charger my phone is alive !!!!!  thanks @Darkman for recomending me to contact them xD

Your welcome! :)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Your welcome! :)

I LOVE YOU MAN!!! (No homo)

SOLVED!!!!! it was the charger being so broken that overnight my battery drained so much that it wouldnt do anything with a different charger for like 2-3 mins

so... my HTC One (M7) wont turn on even when plugged in .....

Yesterday when i went to sleep it had like 25% battery left .... and ofc since i use like 60% at school i needed to charge it over night .... so i did that as i usally do... oh and i was watching some youtube videos untill i fall asleep.... oh and the video was playing when i fell asleep so the phone was on.... when i woke up... the phone was off.... i tried to turn it on nothing happened.... so i tough it might have unplugged... so i plugged it in to charge it for 10 minutes... then tried again... nothing.... then came home tried one more time and now im here....

So yeah... any ideas on what to do or what to get? (my plan was to go to the store i bought it from since they have a service thingy for them to look at it... but now im thinking of just buying an Just5 Spacer 2 cause its cheap(can get it for around 130-140€) and about the same specs as the HTC One)

ok take battery out. then you need some energy source about 5-8 volts. connect power source + to battery + and - to - and wait 3-4 minutes. also control battery temperature, not exactly if it gets hot stop doing this. then put battery in your phone and turn it on :)

i did not read, you already made your phone, glad that it is not dead :)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

ok take battery out. then you need some energy source about 5-8 volts. connect power source + to battery + and - to - and wait 3-4 minutes. also control battery temperature, not exactly if it gets hot stop doing this. then put battery in your phone and turn it on :)

i did not read, you already made your phone, glad that it is not dead :)

you cant take the battery out on the HTC One without opening it  and it seems that it died again :'(