My HTC One is dead right?

PandaCopyRight

SOLVED!!!!! it was the charger being so broken that overnight my battery drained so much that it wouldnt do anything with a different charger for like 2-3 mins

so... my HTC One (M7) wont turn on even when plugged in .....
Yesterday when i went to sleep it had like 25% battery left .... and ofc since i use like 60% at school i needed to charge it over night .... so i did that as i usally do... oh and i was watching some youtube videos untill i fall asleep.... oh and the video was playing when i fell asleep so the phone was on.... when i woke up... the phone was off.... i tried to turn it on nothing happened.... so i tough it might have unplugged... so i plugged it in to charge it for 10 minutes... then tried again... nothing.... then came home tried one more time and now im here....

So yeah... any ideas on what to do or what to get? (my plan was to go to the store i bought it from since they have a service thingy for them to look at it... but now im thinking of just buying an Just5 Spacer 2 cause its cheap(can get it for around 130-140€) and about the same specs as the HTC One)

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

try to do the button combo for a factory reset to see if that does anything

Diamond 5 in League :)

try to do the button combo for a factory reset to see if that does anything

nope... nothing

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

rip in pieces :'(

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

rip in pieces :'(

i had it for bit more then a year :( it was so young ;( got it on june 2013

So yeah... any ideas on what to do or what to get? (my plan was to go to the store i bought it from since they have a service thingy for them to look at it... but now im thinking of just buying an Just5 Spacer 2 cause its cheap(can get it for around 130-140€) and about the same specs as the HTC One)

MT6582 is quite crap.

"Rawr XD"

MT6582 is quite crap.

its better then a Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon in an SonyEricsson Xperia Neo (only backup phone i could find at home)

its better then a Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon in an SonyEricsson Xperia Neo (only backup phone i could find at home)

But of course the Xperia won't cost you money

"Rawr XD"

Wait, don't go throwing that old HTC one yet, I had the same problem with one of my S2 batteries, I let it sit for a day then charged it for a day and it started working, it needs to fully drain and then be recharged

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Don't get the just5, it's a piece of shit. The same phone with different branding is sold in China for half the price, since it's that bad

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

But of course the Xperia won't cost you money

ture but its slow as idk... its really freaking slow oh and the phone is the same size as the HTC's screen... bight be even bit smaller then the screen

Wait, don't go throwing that old HTC one yet, I had the same problem with one of my S2 batteries, I let it sit for a day then charged it for a day and it started working, it needs to fully drain and then be recharged

ok... ill see if that works .. btw ill never throw it out... ill just keep it in a box on my desk xD oh and i havent tried turning it on for like 1-2 days and charging as well

Don't get the just5, it's a piece of shit. The same phone with different branding is sold in China for half the price, since it's that bad

really? i have heard from few friends that its an ok phone and that for the price you cant really argue

really? i have heard from few friends that its an ok phone and that for the price you cant really argue

people who say that havent used a real smartphone. that screen is just ugly, the phone is laggy and just bad at everything.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

people who say that havent used a real smartphone. that screen is just ugly, the phone is laggy and just bad at everything.

idk.... its like 2 came from an iPhone 5, 1 came from Xperia Neo and 1 from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Did you try different chargers to make sure that the charger isn't the issue?

Mini-ITX Build (unnamed)

Case: SilverStone SG07B-W Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-I CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K GPU: Integrated HD 3000 Cooler: Stock RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB (8GB) DDR3 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX600 Keyboard: Cheap Dell Keyboard (although has withstood 8 years of use) Mouse: Logitech G300 Headset: Logitech H110 OS: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) 

Phone: HTC One (m7) running ViperOne 8.0.0 (Android 5.0.2 Lollipop)

people who say that havent used a real smartphone. that screen is just ugly, the phone is laggy and just bad at everything.

idk.... its like 2 came from an iPhone 5, 1 came from Xperia Neo and 1 from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Honestly anything non-brand name with a MediaTek CPU is shit

"Rawr XD"

Did you try different chargers to make sure that the charger isn't the issue?

yes... yes i did

Honestly anything non-brand name with a MediaTek CPU is shit

well... at least you explain the thing with the cpu ... thanks ;)

yes... yes i did

Still try to take it to the store and see if they can RMA it for you. Hard to tell exactly what's wrong, like maybe the charger port broke

"Rawr XD"

Yeah, it's best you take it to a store then. I'd assume the port broke because compared to other USB standards, the one used in phones are very weak (can't remember the name ATM.. It's 4am).

Mini-ITX Build (unnamed)

Case: SilverStone SG07B-W Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-I CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K GPU: Integrated HD 3000 Cooler: Stock RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB (8GB) DDR3 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX600 Keyboard: Cheap Dell Keyboard (although has withstood 8 years of use) Mouse: Logitech G300 Headset: Logitech H110 OS: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) 

Phone: HTC One (m7) running ViperOne 8.0.0 (Android 5.0.2 Lollipop)

Still try to take it to the store and see if they can RMA it for you. Hard to tell exactly what's wrong, like maybe the charger port broke

charger is fine im charging my spare phone of it xD

Yeah, it's best you take it to a store then. I'd assume the port broke because compared to other USB standards, the one used in phones are very weak (can't remember the name ATM.. It's 4am).

it might be the usb connector cause that was the worst thing about the phone.... 

Just leave it plugged in, the battery might be so empty that it's unable to give you the empty battery warning or charging screen lol.

Let it sit while you go to school.

oh... oke i might try it cause i did try to charge it while at school untill i went to sleep yesterday

Does the charge port wiggle?

I broke 2 phones by falling asleep on top of a plugged in phone..lol

Maybe you broke the port somehow, repair costs about €30 with most Android phones.

Since its the HTC One M7 ... it was wiggly from the factory...but never had any problems 

they made the M8's connector further in the phone as far as i understood

Contact HTC. My dad smashed the screen on his less than a year old M7 and they were going to replace it free of charge but he returned it and payed $100 extra and they shipped a M8.. Still jealous of his phone and he'll never have it use it's full potential. Eh, still love my M7.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Contact HTC. My dad smashed the screen on his less than a year old M7 and they were going to replace it free of charge but he returned it and payed $100 extra and they shipped a M8.. Still jealous of his phone and he'll never have it use it's full potential. Eh, still love my M7.

welll... idk it has a cracked screen idk if they want to do shit with it but might be worth it if they ask me if i want to pay to get an M8 instead of fixing my M7

welll... idk it has a cracked screen idk if they want to do shit with it but might be worth it if they ask me if i want to pay to get an M8 instead of fixing my M7

No idea.. Just call them and let them know about the situation of it not turning on and if they can confirm they'll fix that, ask if they'll charge extra (if they want money to fix it) to replace the damaged screen.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

There's always the kick it till it works technique

have you tried that?

but sereously once i dropped my WP and the battery poped out, i poped it back in and nothing, took it out and back in, nothing, took it out, hit it on my wrist a few times (hard), put the battery back in, and it worked :P

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online