Keyboard Backlight Doesn't Turn Off at Shutdown

Hyp0xia

So I've been using backlit (mechanical) keyboards for the past two years and it has only been since installing my new motherboard and CPU that the backlighting on my Max Keyboard Nighthawk X7 doesn't turn off when I shut the computer down. For the record, the CPU is the Intel Core i5-4670K and the motherboard is the Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H. I've also had the opportunity to test the ASUS Sabertooth Z87 and the ASRock Z87 Extreme6, both of which had the same issue.

The steps I've taken include going into Device Manager in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to ensure that the computer is allowed to turn off all USB devices through the Power Management tab for each USB hub listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. I've also disabled USB selective suspend in the Control Panel's Power Options. This was all to no avail. I've heard that I should disable PME (power management event) in the BIOS, but it appears no such thing exists in my BIOS.

Does anyone have any other ideas about how I might get the keyboard's backlighting to turn off with the computer?

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Try and go intp the bios to see if there is an "USB power" option and see if there is anything about power being on after shutdown or in sleep mode.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Do you have one of those usb ports that even when the computer is off it can charge a phone or something? 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

you could switch off the psu aswell! :P

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Do you have Gigabyte's ON/OFF charge utility installed? This may cause that power still runs to USB ports while the PC is shut down.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Try and go intp the bios to see if there is an "USB power" option and see if there is anything about power being on after shutdown or in sleep mode.

I tried that previously. There doesn't appear to be any options related to USB power.

Do you have one of those usb ports that even when the computer is off it can charge a phone or something? 

I've tried it on different ports both on the motherboard's I/O area and on the case's front panel. I've also tried it on other Z87 motherboards. Regardless, I get the same issue.

you could switch off the psu aswell! :P

That's exactly what I've been doing, but it's rather annoying.

Do you have Gigabyte's ON/OFF charge utility installed? This may cause that power still runs to USB ports while the PC is shut down.

I haven't installed any of Gigabyte's utilities. Just the basic drivers.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

does this happen for all usb ports? maybe its one of the high power usb ports that allows you to charge your phone, tablet, or ipad even when your computer is off.

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

Like I explained to joelthezombie15, I've tried it on different ports both on the motherboard's I/O area and on the case's front panel. I've also tried it on other Z87 motherboards. Regardless, I get the same issue.