Upgrading My Display, Need Opinions

JoshK

So I currently have a 1080p 24 inch display and I have found that this size has gotten to be a bit small. Im looking to upgrade to a 27" monitor and I need some opinions on what I should do. I want to either go a single monitor 1440p (Asus PB278Q) or I want to go Triple 1080p, 27 inch displays. Although some people on this forum have told me that 27" is too big when it comes 1080p and it wont look good, I have always wanted to do nVidia surround and 1440p in surround would not only be too expensive, but I dont think any graphics card(s) setup in my budget could drive 3 1440p displays at 60fps and it would flat out be too expensive. My logic for having 3 displays is that I dont play CS:GO or any other "Call of Duty like games", so Im looking for max immersion and max aesthetics. I think if I were to go 27" 1080p, I would go with one of the Samsung 1080p 27" monitors (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/handle-buy-box/ref=dp_start-bbf_1_glance) but 60 fps is important to me and I dont know what kind of GPU setup I would need to drive this. All in all, I am looking for the most immersive, 60 fps, gaming experience. Thanks for all your help guys, I dont really know what I should go with at this point. 1440p is tempting, but Surround gaming is also something Ive always wanted to do since I have seen Robbazs setup. I forgot to mention, If I were to go with triple monitor, I would consider getting a stand to mount all three monitors, but having an anti-glare finish on the display as well as a matte finish on the bezel is important to me. Once again, thanks for reading this whole post and helping me, I am a very picky person and I am terrible at decisions, hence the reason why you probably see me on here asking for advice all the time.

could you maybe give us the budget?

I would be willing to pay $300 and less for 3 1080p monitors but for one 1440p monitors, I would drop about $450 that the PB278q costs.

I would be willing to pay $300 and less for 3 1080p monitors but for one 1440p monitors, I would drop about $450 that the PB278q costs.

300 for all 3 1080p monitors is way too low, so get a 1440p

300 for all 3 1080p monitors is way too low, so get a 1440p

Sorry I worded that terribly, $300 for one 1080p monitor. And then I would get 3 coming out to $900

Sorry I worded that terribly, $300 for one 1080p monitor. And then I would get 3 coming out to $900

id still go one 27inch 1440p monitor.

Other than your budget we will need a few more details, you say immersion is important, panel type plays a large role in this, IPS panels are know for awesome color reproduction but TN panels are known for responsiveness. that being said what type of games do you play? answering this will also allow us to help you choose graphics card(s) that suit your needs. as well as a monitor(s)

I personal like ASUS but I purchased a BenQ XL series monitor because im a FPS gamer. the brand plays a huge part in selecting a monitor, especially what type of warranty the company offers on their product. 

Other than your budget we will need a few more details, you say immersion is important, panel type plays a large role in this, IPS panels are know for awesome color reproduction but TN panels are known for responsiveness. that being said what type of games do you play? answering this will also allow us to help you choose graphics card(s) that suit your needs. as well as a monitor(s)

I personal like ASUS but I purchased a BenQ XL series monitor because im a FPS gamer. the brand plays a huge part in selecting a monitor, especially what type of warranty the company offers on their product. 

Im into Skyrim. A lot. I have about 150 mods installed + and ENB to enhance the graphics even further. Also I just started the BioShock series so Ill be playing that. So RPG, some FPS but nothing online, Ill be getting black ops just for the zombies, so Im only playing single player games. Also, IPS panel would be nice, I would benefit from having 144hz so I could get above 60 fps without tearing, but if I had to go with 60 hz it would not be a deal breaker. Also response time doesnt matter to me because like I said, Im playing single player games. 

have you considered an Ultra Wide monitor from lg, they have a 29" and 34" would be an alternative to surround, still giving tons of viewing real estate 

have you considered an Ultra Wide monitor from lg, they have a 29" and 34" would be an alternative to surround, still giving tons of viewing real estate 

Hm. I considered it but havent really looked into it too much. 

Linus has review videos of all these monitors including lg's new curved 34" ultra wide.

lg's 34" ultrawide is only 2/3 of surround but you have no bezels even though its only like having 2x21.5" monitors 

lg's 34" ultrawide is only 2/3 of surround but you have no bezels even though its only like having 2x21.5" monitors

I think for now I'll go with the single PB278Q. I really want to go 1440p but I don't want to spend 1200 bucks on the 34UM95 which would be the option I would go with.

Amazon has Acer 2560x1440 IPS for 329.99 currently normally 399.99 still if you want surround it would still be 1000 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JB6HCIC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3LXBCVVVVLCM1&coliid=I3RSU9ONMU0MST

Don't mean to steal your topic op, but has anyone used this? If it's good, I wouldn't mind picking up a few.

I <3 my PB278Q. I also <3 my ROG Swift.

1440p is where it's at! 4k scales too badly in windows and 1080 is soooo 2008.

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

Don't mean to steal your topic op, but has anyone used this? If it's good, I wouldn't mind picking up a few.

Yeah its my daily driver for gaming and work. I did calibrate it with my Spyder but it was not to far off as originally received. The only thing I did is I put it on a Vesa mount do I could adjust it better as the base stand has no height adjustment. The model just above that does include a better base mount but at a premium with same panel.

We can build it, we have the technology!