Upon receiving this keyboard, the first thing i realized, was the amazing build quality. It has a VERY good weight, and has no flex whatsoever. The Cherry MX Brown keys are amazing, they combine tactility with relative silence, and are great for gaming: a definite choice for compromise between typing  and gaming. The individual backlit keys are sexy as hell, and the white lighting, is clean, and great for aesthetic nazis.

Features:

• Grey keycaps for the WASD keys, and the arrow keys
  • 6 Programmable G-keys on the left side(same as the Corsair K90)
  • A mute button, and a sound-adjusting scroll wheel above the tenkey
  • Very clean & modern font on the keycaps, gives it a futuristic feel, but within modesty
  • Media keys & backlight customization keys above the PRNT SCRN area.

All in all, I am VERY satisfied with this keyboard.

Being a typer, AND gamer, this keyboard is the perfect comprimise.

In all honesty, I can recommend this keyboard to ANYONE, whether they're a typer, or a gamer, or both, they will LOVE this keyboard like your 2nd newborn son.

10/10

Money shot (sorry about the meh quality )

gOv2gdw.jpg

Nice keyboard, just not my style I like the tenkeyless boards and cherry blues more.

mh i had some hands-on time with it in my local electronic store and it feels very solid and great but 2 things i don't like:

#1: the orange accents, although you could probably paint it

#2 glossy....ON A KEYBOARD are you insane logitech? total deal breaker for me unfortunately because browns and white leds are exactly what i'm searching for

this keyboard is loaded, it pretty much has anything I would want
1-browns
2-wrist rest
3-dedicated media keys
4-backlight (I wish it was blue or red)
5-O-rings to make it even more quiet
6-only problem is the macro keys, they are super useless and just there for marketing

mh i had some hands-on time with it in my local electronic store and it feels very solid and great but 2 things i don't like:

#2 glossy....ON A KEYBOARD are you insane logitech? total deal breaker for me unfortunately because browns and white leds are exactly what i'm searching for

about your profile pic...

12646_402832869790615_1407048464_n.jpg

this keyboard is loaded, it pretty much has anything I would want

1-browns

2-wrist rest

3-dedicated media keys

4-backlight (I wish it was blue or red)

5-O-rings to make it even more quiet

6-only problem is the macro keys, they are super useless and just there for marketing

I'm using the G710+ right now, and I'm absolutely in love with the Macro keys. They're great for RPGs so I can use 1-5, and G2-G6 (G1 is a bit too high), and I don't need to move my entire hand away from WASD. Also, I like to RP, so I can use the macro keys to type out repetitive basic commands in the game. I like the fact that I can set up the keyboard profiles with the games too. The G-keys are a definite favorite of mine, but if you're not a gamer, I could see how they'd be considered useless.

I'm considering getting this but it's quite a bit more expensive than a K90. So, What do you think makes this keyboard better than the K90 other than the switches and the G Keys.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I'm using the G710+ right now, and I'm absolutely in love with the Macro keys. They're great for RPGs so I can use 1-5, and G2-G6 (G1 is a bit too high), and I don't need to move my entire hand away from WASD. Also, I like to RP, so I can use the macro keys to type out repetitive basic commands in the game. I like the fact that I can set up the keyboard profiles with the games too. The G-keys are a definite favorite of mine, but if you're not a gamer, I could see how they'd be considered useless.

I'm a gamer, but I really don't see the point, and it's repetitive to if you have a Naga or a MMO mouse

I'm considering getting this but it's quite a bit more expensive than a K90. So, What do you think makes this keyboard better than the K90 other than the switches and the G Keys.

go with this or a Ducky Shine 3 :D

Duckyshine for fancy lightning and the name

this for functionality

go with this or a Ducky Shine 3 :D

Duckyshine for fancy lightning and the name

this for functionality

Honestly, I want to get an Corsair M95 Mouse so the buttons aren't an issue. I just want something that works well and I will enjoy playing on as well as being comfortable to type on for long periods of time.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I have this keyboard but I do not like shiny parts and I just WISH they could use stepped CAPS LOCK key. 

Honestly, I want to get an Corsair M95 Mouse so the buttons aren't an issue. I just want something that works well and I will enjoy playing on as well as being comfortable to type on for long periods of time.

macro buttons shouldn't be interfering, but I would go with the G600, logan did a review on it

Agreed I want one of these but 2 issues.

1. they are excessively expensive in Aus (as with everything in Aus)

2. there have been a lot of reports of the backlights dying, I dont have a problem myself with this but it means back to 1. I cant buy from OS cheaper incase I need to RMA

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Logitech is one of my favourite brands, they make some serious quality stuff. Over the years i had bunch of their stuff and none ever broke or got any other malfunction, simply great quality !!!

I like that keyboard but price is a bit steep/hefty for input device (mechanical or not) for it`s price you can get equaly good keyboard and kick-ass mouse and still save some cash :P .

BTW i have Logitech G600 mouse and i LOVE it awesome device and without ridiculous pricing !

Money shot (sorry about the meh quality )

I thought you said "sorry about the meth quality" :D

Can you get the keyboard with black switches?

#1: Yes it's not the best look but you will barely notice it after a week or so.

#2: It's not that type of glossy that you're thinking of bro, when i'm holding over it now it feels like some type of glass like on your smartphone (if you haz one).

I love this keyboard, i will continue to love Logitech for as long as i live (and they make good products). everything i've ever bought from Logitech has lasted for so long. My MX518 died twice but i got a completly new back so idk. :)

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

• 1 month later...

I actually wish I could tear off the G-key's on mine. I don't use them,they just getin the way, I can't tell you how many times i've hit G3 going after the tab key in-game, or worse yet, hot G6 instead of ctrl.

I actually wish I could tear off the G-key's on mine. I don't use them,they just getin the way, I can't tell you how many times i've hit G3 going after the tab key in-game, or worse yet, hot G6 instead of ctrl.

Re-bind them man, that's why they're there :)

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

• 1 month later...

Re-bind them man, that's why they're there :)

That doesn't prevent me from hitting them!!!

#1Someone at overclock did a mod for it: http://www.overclock.net/t/1316586/logitech-g710-disassembly-and-modification-56k-warning

#2 Yea it is sort of bad but its pretty easy to wipe the stains away.

I have this keyboard and I only have it set to 50% backlight because its so bright.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I have this keyboard (first mechanical) and I can't type on any other keyboard now it's really smooth while typing/gaming.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

The only thing i dislike about this keyboard is the wobbly wrist rest. Felt cheap compare to the keyboard itself  -_-

That doesn't prevent me from hitting them!!!

So angry.. Then stop hitting them, as soon as you get used to the layout you won't hit them. I haven't hit them since i got the keyboard^^

Very useful keyboard. I love MX Blues, but the browns are so nice when trying to type a paper and not wake everyone up. 

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

These are the reasons why I did not go with the G710+ when I was keyboard shopping. 

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's