Replacing my stolen gear

I had a dslr, some lenses, tripod, ball head, other things like that. One day someone decided to steal the car with the camera gear inside.

Here is what I am thinking as a replacement. What do you think?

http://amzn.com/w/1JVXLRIZDTWQ8

Lol ouch. I bet the thief must be really happy with the loot. 

Hmmm for the replacement you must be either  a rich person, a pro photographer, both or none of the above. Basically what I'm trying to say is if you're rich or a pro photographer go ahead buy it. But if you're not either of those I'd suggest go with it slowly cuz all that is more or less 2 grand already. 

And if you already have the money to the buy all that don't buy the 1.8ff 50mm lens go for the 1.4ff instead.

Btw do you have an update of what happened with the car or the stuff?

Lol ouch. I bet the thief must be really happy with the loot. 

Hmmm for the replacement you must be either  a rich person, a pro photographer, both or none of the above. Basically what I'm trying to say is if you're rich or a pro photographer go ahead buy it. But if you're not either of those I'd suggest go with it slowly cuz all that is more or less 2 grand already. 

And if you already have the money to the buy all that don't buy the 1.8ff 50mm lens go for the 1.4ff instead.

Btw do you have an update of what happened with the car or the stuff?

Car was found about 35 miles from my home. No camera gear in it.

It was damaged and we used the insurance money to replace it with a used car.

I will be spending less than $700 out of pocket for all of that due to the insurance money coming for me. 

I do make some money off my photos but not professional.

I do a lot of video as well which attracts me to the 70D. One of the tripods and the second ball head is for my uncle. (I was borrowing them when they got stolen.)

Does that change you advise at all. I owe someone $300 to replace the camera that got stolen and I should get about $2000 from insurance. So My total budget is about $2400. Must have at least 2 tripods and one of those exact ball heads. I am okay with a different one but my uncle wants the same one he had.

Car was found about 35 miles from my home. No camera gear in it.

It was damaged and we used the insurance money to replace it with a used car.

I will be spending less than $700 out of pocket for all of that due to the insurance money coming for me. 

I do make some money off my photos but not professional.

I do a lot of video as well which attracts me to the 70D. One of the tripods and the second ball head is for my uncle. (I was borrowing them when they got stolen.)

Does that change you advise at all. I owe someone $300 to replace the camera that got stolen and I should get about $2000 from insurance. So My total budget is about $2400. Must have at least 2 tripods and one of those exact ball heads. I am okay with a different one but my uncle wants the same one he had.

Lol I hope the thief gets what he deserve.

Anyway. I'm not a pro myself just a hobbyist but I do have friend that are pros and we usually talks about these kind of topics.

Alright I'll answer your questions point by point.

EDIT: A good example is a friend of mine. Since the day the D4 was released he wanted to buy that camera so bad. He could have bought that camera then but he waited also that camera is expensive a fuck. But after more or less 2 years since the D4 was released he bought it, actually just few weeks ago just to get him ready for his daughters wedding. 

So if you're not pro but do earn some money from it try to calculate the cost of the new stuff against that 700 dollars that you're going to spend. Basically if you can earn that $700 pretty fast I'd say okay go for it. If not saves some more.

No It didn't change my advice at all. Go easy you don't have to go crazy in one go do some more research and a lot of stuff in your list has a better option such as the 1.4ff for the 1.8ff. (btw you also have a lot of situational items you don't have to buy those now)

And you said that you also do video as well right? so invest on a Canon EF-S 17-55mm lens.

Other than that you basically already knows everything that you want. So yea I'll just leave you to it.

Anyway. I'm not a pro myself just a hobbyist but I do have friend that are pros and we usually talks about these kind of topics.

So if you're not pro but do earn some money from it try to calculate the cost of the new stuff against that 700 dollars that you're going to spend. Basically if you can earn that $700 pretty fast I'd say okay go for it. If not saves some more.

No It didn't change my advice at all. Go easy you don't have to go crazy in one go do some more research and a lot of stuff in your list has a better option such as the 1.4ff for the 1.8ff. (btw you also have a lot of situational items you don't have to buy those now)

And you said that you also do video as well right? so invest on a Canon EF-S 17-55mm lens.

Other than that you basically already knows everything that you want. So yea I'll just leave you to it.

Okay, I have been doing this as a hobby with my 600D for about a year now and looking to upgrade. Thanks for the help. 

Also I am thinking about the sigma 24-70 f/2.8 so I have better focal length options. 

Okay, I have been doing this as a hobby with my 600D for about a year now and looking to upgrade. Thanks for the help. 

Eyyy! I also have a 600D  :D  bought it especially for the video taking. Love it then, still love it but for pictures I rather use my 50D.

Also I am thinking about the sigma 24-70 f/2.8 so I have better focal length options. 

Well that's a totally fine lens. Should be okay.

Eyyy! I also have a 600D  :D  bought it especially for the video taking. Love it then, still love it but for pictures I rather use my 50D.

Yeah, it was a great camera to get me hooked and start doing more. It really was amazing.

3 teenagers stole the car and crashed it up north of where I live and the police found drugs in it. Yeah...

And unfortunately the gear was all gone. Really sad. 

The Sigma 24-70 2.8 is an incredibly sharp lens, but it comes with that near $1000 price tag. It's also not really the best for aps-c unless you already have a very wide angle lens because it turns into a 38-112. You might be better off getting something like a 17-55. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Yeah, it was a great camera to get me hooked and start doing more. It really was amazing.

3 teenagers stole the car and crashed it up north of where I live and the police found drugs in it. Yeah...

I've had people still my stuff before and man, it's the worst feeling. Even though I had insurance it wasn't fun having to wait over a month to get 70% of the money back. The worst part was I know exactly who did it and I don't think he's been caught. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Yeap totally. 

Yea I hope they get caught and convicted.

I've had people still my stuff before and man, it's the worst feeling. Even though I had insurance it wasn't fun having to wait over a month to get 70% of the money back. The worst part was I know exactly who did it and I don't think he's been caught. 

Well shit, talk about justice huh.

Even worse for me, it is just the homeowners so I get 70% minus a $1000 deductible. 

Yeap totally. 

Yea I hope they get caught and convicted.

So do I.

Well shit, talk about justice huh.

Yeah...Sure...

The Sigma 24-70 2.8 is an incredibly sharp lens, but it comes with that near $1000 price tag. It's also not really the best for aps-c unless you already have a very wide angle lens because it turns into a 38-112. You might be better off getting something like a 17-55. 

When I had a t3i I had the 18-55 and 55-250 and never found my self needing wider but I may at some point. My issue here is that my MAX is $2400. Any other options to what is in my list that you think would be better/more cost effective/more useful?

I would love an alternate list from someone else.

What gear do you use?

When I had a t3i I had the 18-55 and 55-250 and never found my self needing wider but I may at some point. My issue here is that my MAX is $2400. Any other options to what is in my list that you think would be better/more cost effective/more useful?

I would love an alternate list from someone else.

What gear do you use?

Well you could get the 24-70 instead of the 17-55 and in the future if you need wider angle for things like landscapes, you can buy a Canon 10-18 for around $300.

You could probably find a 24-70 and 70D for around $1900, which should leave you enough for tripods/filters/lighting etc. In the future you could buy a 10-18 if you need it. 

I shoot with a Canon T3, Canon 70-200 F/4, 18-55, and 50 1.8. I have a few accessories but they're not worth mentioning. I only got into photography about eight months ago but I've been loving it so far. Nothing professional, but I do have some wildlife/landscapes up on flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/124236818@N03/

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Well you could get the 24-70 instead of the 17-55 and in the future if you need wider angle for things like landscapes, you can buy a Canon 10-18 for around $300.

You could probably find a 24-70 and 70D for around $1900, which should leave you enough for tripods/filters/lighting etc. In the future you could buy a 10-18 if you need it. 

I shoot with a Canon T3, Canon 70-200 F/4, 18-55, and 50 1.8. I have a few accessories but they're not worth mentioning. I only got into photography about eight months ago but I've been loving it so far. Nothing professional, but I do have some wildlife/landscapes up on flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/124236818@N03/

Okay, any other thinks you can think of?

Nice photos.

Here are some of mine

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125763745@N06/

Okay, any other thinks you can think of?

Nice photos.

Here are some of mine

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125763745@N06/

You could get a solely portrait lens; 85mm 1.8 http://www.amazon.com/Canon-85mm-Medium-Telephoto-Cameras/dp/B00007GQLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415214209&sr=8-1&keywords=85+1.8 Judging by the equipment you're buying, that's probably going to be the main thing you're shooting. 85mm 1.8 on APS-C is perfect for shooting portraits. $369 after MIR.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

You could get a solely portrait lens; 85mm 1.8 http://www.amazon.com/Canon-85mm-Medium-Telephoto-Cameras/dp/B00007GQLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415214209&sr=8-1&keywords=85+1.8 Judging by the equipment you're buying, that's probably going to be the main thing you're shooting. 85mm 1.8 on APS-C is perfect for shooting portraits. $369 after MIR.

I do a little of everything. What should I cut from my current list to get that?

also you can get a better 50mm f1.4 whith 8 aperture blades vs 5 and a ultrasonic motor

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

also you can get a better 50mm f1.4 whith 8 aperture blades vs 5 and a ultrasonic motor

What should I cut to put that in? I would like to stay about the same cost.

What should I cut to put that in? I would like to stay about the same cost.

do you need the kit lens? otherwise the 70d is 999 dollars with a sd card and bag

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

do you need the kit lens? otherwise the 70d is 999 dollars with a sd card and bag

When my camera got stolen, so did all my lenses. I have nothing.

You can probably get a 70D body for $900 on black friday. You can get a 24-70 for $600 on ebay. The 85 1.8 is $369 after Mail-In-Rebate. This is a total of $1869. This leaves you with roughly $531 which is plenty for accessories. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

What is about a mirrorless camera from Panasonic? G6?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |