Replacing my stolen gear

What is about a mirrorless camera from Panasonic? G6?

Would like to stay dslr and I really like canon

How does one earn some cash off taking photos? being non professional.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Even worse for me, it is just the homeowners so I get 70% minus a $1000 deductible.

Although this isn't related to your original question, I would suggest you contact your insurance company and see if they can give you a separate rider for you photography gear. We did this last year for my gear (about $2500 worth), it's also quite cheap (2.3% of the cost of the gear, so about $60/year) and covers any type of loss (theft or disappearance) and has no deductible. Also, because it is a separate rider, claims made against it have no bearing on our house insurance. Honestly, I see it as a great deal because even if we were to do this for 10 years without any loss, it would still be cheaper than the loss of any two items.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

How does one earn some cash off taking photos? being non professional.

Stock photos, one time jobs for people I know, things like that.

Although this isn't related to your original question, I would suggest you contact your insurance company and see if they can give you a separate rider for you photography gear. We did this last year for my gear (about $2500 worth), it's also quite cheap (2.3% of the cost of the gear, so about $60/year) and covers any type of loss (theft or disappearance) and has no deductible. Also, because it is a separate rider, claims made against it have no bearing on our house insurance. Honestly, I see it as a great deal because even if we were to do this for 10 years without any loss, it would still be cheaper than the loss of any two items.

I will look in to that, thanks. :)

Have you considered older/used equipment?  

You might want to prioritize your spending on better glass, and perhaps an older body.  I still use my 5d today, even though its like a decade old or something. But i dont need the video capability so yeah haha. Glass has a bigger impact on what you can and cant shoot.  used primes are a good way to get faster quality glass. my favorite lens right now is still the 50 f1.4, the 40mm pancake is starting to grow on me though.

Thoughts from a photo guy (video is too much post for me):

-reflectors are awesome! good job!

-studio lights lack versatility (you can rent them, and usually a better one if you really need it)  However as for video hot lamps and stuff, i got nothin hahaha

-multiple speed lights give you flexabiltiy, why not roll 3-4 speedlights on lightstands with triggers + 1 ezbox? (i use ghetto old cactus triggers, the new ones are pimp though, i think they support ettl)  they work for everything (still foto) aside from trying to kill the sun.
-battery grips are weaksauce, just carry your spares damnit, also, you need more memory if you're shooting enough to justify a battery grip lol must take a lot of time sorting through all those frames =D (unless video kills battery fast.... cuz ive never dealt with it) 

-have you checked out canon's refurbished gear? and pay attention to canon rumors for a heads up on some deals on gear.

so yeah, just more options for you, video aside hahaha

Have you considered older/used equipment?  

You might want to prioritize your spending on better glass, and perhaps an older body.  I still use my 5d today, even though its like a decade old or something. But i dont need the video capability so yeah haha. Glass has a bigger impact on what you can and cant shoot.  used primes are a good way to get faster quality glass. my favorite lens right now is still the 50 f1.4, the 40mm pancake is starting to grow on me though.

Thoughts from a photo guy (video is too much post for me):

-reflectors are awesome! good job!

-studio lights lack versatility (you can rent them, and usually a better one if you really need it)  However as for video hot lamps and stuff, i got nothin hahaha

-multiple speed lights give you flexabiltiy, why not roll 3-4 speedlights on lightstands with triggers + 1 ezbox? (i use ghetto old cactus triggers, the new ones are pimp though, i think they support ettl)  they work for everything (still foto) aside from trying to kill the sun.

-battery grips are weaksauce, just carry your spares damnit, also, you need more memory if you're shooting enough to justify a battery grip lol must take a lot of time sorting through all those frames =D (unless video kills battery fast.... cuz ive never dealt with it) 

-have you checked out canon's refurbished gear? and pay attention to canon rumors for a heads up on some deals on gear.

so yeah, just more options for you, video aside hahaha

Thanks for the ideas.

I like the 70D for the dual pixel feature that is faster video auto focus with no hunting so I will keep it.

I am looking at used and new canon/sigma/tamron 24-70 and 70-200 f/2.8 to round out my kit.

Thanks, I heard about the benefit of a reflector so I thought for $20 why not.

I am aware of the limitation of the lights and thinking about ditching them. What I like is they are sorta compact, and for a lot of the stuff I do (Business and family portrait) the lights and backdrops might be useful. Still thinking.

I was going to get more speedlights (The same cheap ones that I am looking at) either a few months down the road or instead of the studio lights. 

May  ditch the grip, it does seem like a waste of $35. The one thing is video is a bit of a battery hog so it might be useful. 

I have not looked at refurbished because the new ones are $350 off with those lenses amd the refurbished ones are not so it is the same price for new vs refurbish.

Any other suggestions?