Bought a Pentium 4? Intel may owe you $15!

Did you buy a Pentium 4 between November 20, 2000 and December 31, 2002?  Well, Intel has agreed to pay you for manipulating its benchmark scores to make their P4 seem faster than the AMD Athlons of the time!

"Don’t worry about digging up a receipt for the purchase — the only thing you’re required to do is list the model number of the system you bought, and you qualify for the $15 reimbursement."

See- http://www.extremetech.com/computing/193480-intel-finally-agrees-to-pay-15-to-pentium-4-owners-over-amd-athlon-benchmarking-shenanigans

U.S. Only.

What if I bought a Dell with a Pentium four in it :P

LOL I actually have one! Not sure when it was sold though :P who knows, maybe I'll ask for my 15 bucks :D

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You should probably specify that it's US only.

I just wasted 5 minutes of my time punching in my Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo 800S.

@Sanctemify

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

60$ for me :P

CPU:  i7 5820k  @4.0Ghz Cooler: Thermaltake Nic C5 Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Ram: 8 gb @2133Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @1560  Case: Proprietary Sun Ultra 24  Storage: HyperX 120gb & 1 TB WD Green PSU: Cooler Master 550w 

Just dug through my old parts bin, and theres a P4... too sad i live in DK

U.S. Only.

I am almost certain that this would effect more than just the US so why US only?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I am almost certain that this would effect more than just the US so why US only?

Because that's what the courts and Intel agreed upon.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I wonder if they would count a Celeron D.....

Cause i have 2.7GHZ Single core Celeron cpu right now.

Wow, 3rd time this has been posted. I blame the creative names that people give topics.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I got a Pentium D, but it still sucks.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Wow, 3rd time this has been posted. I blame the creative names that people give topics.

Sorry for the repost - I did a search for this article on the forums and nothing came up.

Sorry for the repost - I did a search for this article on the forums and nothing came up.

Key words "intel pentium" forum: "tech news and reviews" its 1st topic that comes up lol http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/242131-theregister-intel-pentium-4-class-action-lawsuit-settlement/?fromsearch=1

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

That damn hell cool I wished i had a pc with that pentium 4 !

Timothy Harnamji

Don't blame you, its kinda impossible because people give such creative names.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I got a Pentium D, but it still sucks.

Still better than AMD :/

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.