Best amp/dac for the ATH - M50x (125$ max)

Just got the Audio Technica ATH-M50X And i'm really happy with the sound quality :) But I can feel that my computer can't do the job well. I'm looking for a DAC/AMP under 100$ (I'm really low on money right now).

I heard about the Fiio Olympus E10K Is it good enough and recommended?

This DAC will improve my sound quality/power?

BTW - I have gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 Motherboard that trying to power those headphones up.

Do you have any suggestions? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if my English is bad and you can not understand me, hopefully you will get the point.

My native language is not English.

Thanks - Michael :)

Just got the Audio Technica ATH-M50X And i'm really happy with the sound quality :) But I can feel that my computer can't do the job well. I'm looking for a DAC/AMP under 100$ (I'm really low on money right now).

BTW - I have gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 Motherboard that trying to power those headphones up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if my English is bad and you can not understand me, hopefully you will get the point.

First off, Good choice on the headphones! 

Are you registered on Massdrop at all? 

Are you in the us? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

First off, Good choice on the headphones! 

Are you registered on Massdrop at all? 

Are you in the us? 

Never heard about Massdrop :P

And nope I live In Israel. Here is really hard to get everything. But luckly I have a friends in canada that can buy me things from amazon and everything from canada.

Never heard about Massdrop :P

And nope I live In Israel. Here is really hard to get everything. But luckly I have a friends in canada that can buy me things from amazon and everything from canada.

Ahh  I see

Also they are 38ohm so not really in need for an amp, but maybe a DAC? 

Although that mobo has a amp on it.. 

http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=4169#ov unless I'm on the wrong page 

How can you feel that your computer is not doing the job well? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Actually, you don't really need a separate DAC/amp in order to make it sound better. Biggest margin of difference would be from upgrading your headphone. For example, if the M50 is $150, and you got $100 to spend on an amp/dac, it's better to sell the M50, and get a $250 headphone. 

That being said, of course you can still get an external dac/amp combo, if you really want to. The E10k should be good. I never tried it, but I had the E10 (previous version), and it worked quite well. 

The difference is in the mindset. In other words, you don't need an external solution, but if you want it anyway, then sure, why not?

Ahh  I see

Also they are 38ohm so not really in need for an amp, but maybe a DAC? 

Although that mobo has a amp on it.. 

http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=4169#ov unless I'm on the wrong page 

How can you feel that your computer is not doing the job well? 

Yes thats the "mobo" 

And about how I feel that.... hard question.

I've heard these headphones with my friends DAC and it sounds alot better. He uses the Audioengine D1 and thats to expensive for me.

Yes thats the "mobo" 

I've heard these headphones with my friends DAC and it sounds alot better. He uses the Audioengine D1 and thats to expensive for me.

Have you got any effects on the headphones in the software? Maybe? Or is it clean? 

Hmm well I found this: 

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-massdrop-audioengine-d1-dac-integrated-amplifier-119-7-days-only-1300476/

$119USD + $20 shipping

So it goes around $14 over the budget, but if you get your Canadian friends to get it for you next time a drop is on, it will ship to them and then you get it somehow. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

I would get a E07k or an E17K, they can be used with USB or on the go as they contain a battery, also they have docking capabilities with the E09K so you can upgrade later if you need more amp for higher impedence headphones.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

your mobo is enough dude

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

Yes thats the "mobo" 

Have you tried a blind test? The D1 isn't even a good dac/amp so I'm not so sure that it's the amp that's making it sound better.