i got a problem, with my fiber

WickedTurtle

i got fiber (60/60) about 2 weeks ago and since then i have not been able to do anything, if i try to watch youtube it loads a part of the and then stops and i have to click a bit back on the bar for it to load a bit more,

and if i download something i get low transfer rates. i want to show a speedtest but it stops halfway through. oh and i use wired and a gigabit switch. anyone know what could help?

You could be being throttled.

try using pingtest: http://www.pingtest.net/

If you keep getting dropped on speedtest and if pingtest consistently gives you an A or B rating, you are being throttled.

Do your internal network work as it should? If you can rule out this problem, the problem is your ISP.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Well to start you spelt fibre wrong lol. 

What ISP are you with. It does sound like you are being throttled though. If you lost the connection the youtube video would than show that it's load bar is all the way.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

if i do the ping test with cable it wont finish, but with wireless it works. it aint the cable have tried with other cables and the same problem

82314196.png

Well to start you spelt fibre wrong lol. 

What ISP are you with. It does sound like you are being throttled though. If you lost the connection the youtube video would than show that it's load bar is all the way.

He actually spelt it correctly, theatre/theater fibre/fiber. Depends on where you live

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Drivers for your mobo than for the NIC? 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

He actually spelt it correctly, theatre/theater fibre/fiber. Depends on where you live

I know lol but where I am that's wrong. I always forget sarcasm doesn't get across text. 30+ years of the computer and still no sarcasm font! Where are our priorities.

it is the same for everyone in the house so it aint my pc

WHATEVER I AM GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO LIVE IN CANADIA TROLOLO

Well your lucky the government wiretaps call logs and internet logs to keep you people safe.

(wait no that's not what they are doing)

it is the same for everyone in the house so it aint my pc

Contact your ISP it might be the box or any # of issues. They would know better they have a database filled with answers to these problems.

You could be being throttled.

try using pingtest: http://www.pingtest.net/

If you keep getting dropped on speedtest and if pingtest consistently gives you an A or B rating, you are being throttled.

Just to ask what is being throttled. Thanks 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Just to ask what is being throttled. Thanks 

Throttling is where an ISP deliberately slows down a user or group of users connections. It's usually when a user or group of users exceed a fair usage policy for downloading but it is also used to regulate network traffic or for easing congested bandwidth.

My current ISP (Sky) is throttling EVERYONE over here after 6pm because they don't have the infrastructure to keep up with demand.

Throttling is where an ISP deliberately slows down a user or group of users connections. It's usually when a user or group of users exceed a fair usage policy for downloading but it is also used to regulate network traffic or for easing congested bandwidth.

My current ISP (Sky) is throttling EVERYONE over here after 6pm because they don't have the infrastructure to keep up with demand.

I get good speeds from Sky in the evening. Like. 16mbps 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I think that the isp could improve the speeds dramatically with some infrastructure upgrades. We should be having much better speeds. I have a penthouse in the centre of London and I get 13mbps only. The internet in the Uk could be about 5x better with not much infrastructure upgrades. Also the isp are just holding us all back because they can't be bothered to upgrade the infrastructure. They just want to make money to be honest. 

I think Sky's one of the only UK ISP's NOT to throttle as they don't have a fair use policy there broadband is completely unlimited (No I don't work for Sky It was just a major factor when I was choosing BB) and every other UK ISP throttles as they have it in their terms and conditions to do so. Also you sky BB will run off an LLU fitted at a BT exchange therefore if its anyone it will BT not providing enough 'Infrastruction' and backhaul for sky to use. On the other hand it could be due to extreme congestion due to maintenence on other exchanges meaning Sky are slowing speeds to provide a better experience to the other people which cannot be helped and every ISP on that exchange will be forced to do the same so if your specifically blaming sky then i'm sure other people on other ISP's are in the same boat

Edit: You said after 6pm so scrap the maintenance as a problem, most likely just average congestion as you live in London, nothing Sky can do if BT won't upgrade as there in charge of infrastructure upgrades

I get good speeds from Sky in the evening. Like. 16mbps 

Exactly same here actually throughout day as well, its probably other circumstances causing your slow down ProGearUk

I think Sky's one of the only UK ISP's NOT to throttle as they don't have a fair use policy there broadband is completely unlimited (No I don't work for Sky It was just a major factor when I was choosing BB) and every other UK ISP throttles as they have it in their terms and conditions to do so. Also you sky BB will run off an LLU fitted at a BT exchange therefore if its anyone it will BT not providing enough 'Infrastruction' and backhaul for sky to use. On the other hand it could be due to extreme congestion due to maintenence on other exchanges meaning Sky are slowing speeds to provide a better experience to the other people which cannot be helped and every ISP on that exchange will be forced to do the same so if your specifically blaming sky then i'm sure other people on other ISP's are in the same boat

Edit: You said after 6pm so scrap the maintenance as a problem, most likely just average congestion as you live in London, nothing Sky can do if BT won't upgrade as there in charge of infrastructure upgrades

I live in Ireland. Currently sky broadband here is a joke.

Exactly same here actually throughout day as well, its probably other circumstances causing your slow down ProGearUk

I have a full lan only network setup and I only get 16mbps max. My line is at 100mps full duplex so I am just being restricted.

I live in Ireland. Currently sky broadband here is a joke.

Sky doesn't have many LLU enabled exchanges in Northern Ireland therefore people are forced to connect using 'Sky Connect' instead of the normal sky BB service which requires LLU to be fitted to the exchange. Sky connect is therefore basically controlled by and suffers from Bandwidth and speed restrictions which are enforced by BT not sky. Once Sky have fully enabled most exchanges with LLU services speeds will be similar or the same as those in England :)

I have a full lan only network setup and I only get 16mbps max. My line is at 100mps full duplex so I am just being restricted.

It looks like when you say '100MB/s full duplex' you are quoting your ethernet speed from within 'Sky statistics' which has nothing to do with your line speed or quality not proving at all your are being restricted. You live or near London by the looks of it therefore other ISP's may be able to offer better or more stable speeds but im afraid ADSL is going to be similar or worse due to obvious congestions showing obvious slow down at nighttimes. Maybe WiMAX or cable would be a better option

Sky doesn't have many LLU enabled exchanges in Northern Ireland therefore people are forced to connect using 'Sky Connect' instead of the normal sky BB service which requires LLU to be fitted to the exchange. Sky connect is therefore basically controlled by and suffers from Bandwidth and speed restrictions which are enforced by BT not sky. Once Sky have fully enabled most exchanges with LLU services speeds will be similar or the same as those in England :)

It looks like when you say '100MB/s full duplex' you are quoting your ethernet speed from within 'Sky statistics' which has nothing to do with your line speed or quality not proving at all your are being restricted. You live or near London by the looks of it therefore other ISP's may be able to offer better or more stable speeds but im afraid ADSL is going to be similar or worse due to obvious congestions showing obvious slow down at nighttimes. Maybe WiMAX or cable would be a better option

I dont really mind I have all my heavy bandwidth servers at work