Looking for a ~$500 gaming laptop

PositiveProton

I am looking to get a gaming laptop.  It doesn't need to be able to run Skyrim with 25 different graphics mods, or max out/play Crysis 3,  If I wanted to do any of that stuff, I would do it on my main computer.  I just want a laptop that can play games decently, and is hopefully around $500.

Does anyone know of such a laptop?

What games? because $500 is not gaming laptop price range

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Simple stuff, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft, like I said, it doesn't need to be able to play any relatively new games.

You are not gonna find a gaming laptop at that range sorry.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Pleeease pleeease dont get a laptop for gaming. I learned that the hard way by getting a laptop that costed around 2500 euros and can barely play bf3 on low with a terrible 20 to 30FPS. Plus battery life is a terrible 2h 30 min on mine. Get a PC, hell get a console if u dont want PC but not a gaming laptop. Please for the sake of your hard earned money and happiness dont buy a laptop for gaming no matter how much it costs. You never know when you might start playing newer games.If you know u arent gona even touch newer games and you areonly gona play MC then basically anything will do. Anything can run MC decently..

BLAOW!!!!

Pleeease pleeease dont get a laptop for gaming. I learned that the hard way by getting a laptop that costed around 2500 euros and can barely play bf3 on low with a terrible 20 to 30FPS. Plus battery life is a terrible 2h 30 min on mine. Get a PC, hell get a console if u dont want PC but not a gaming laptop. Please for the sake of your hard earned money and happiness dont buy a laptop for gaming no matter how much it costs. You never know when you might start playing newer games.If you know u arent gona even touch newer games and you areonly gona play MC then basically anything will do. Anything can run MC decently..

Either there is something wrong with that laptop or you are not using the dedicated GPU for games (that laptop should have dedicated GPU because of the price and the low battery life).

On-Topic, that Acer is probably best for you. I got a friend that has that laptop with Nvidia Specs and could play games decently and that should exceed your expectations. :)

Either there is something wrong with that laptop or you are not using the dedicated GPU for games (that laptop should have dedicated GPU because of the price and the low battery life).

On-Topic, that Acer is probably best for you. I got a friend that has that laptop with Nvidia Specs and could play games decently and that should exceed your expectations. :)

It just sucks. Thats whats wrong with it.

BLAOW!!!!

if you have 500 bucks, wait for ps4 to come out, at least you could buy the new games and play them :p you can't buy a descend laptop for 500 and keep in mind, it's really expensive to upgrade laptops because of the way it's kinda close to eachother. just buy a console ,

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

Gaming Laptops are terrible whatever the price and offer little (if any) room for upgrading. 

[CPU] AMD Athlon II X3 425 OC'd @ 3.3Ghz [MOBO] MSI 990XA-GD55 AM3+ [RAM] Corsair XMS3 8gb 1999Mhz [GPU]Asus Radeon HD 7770 2gb [CASE]Zalman Z11 Plus[storage]WD 1tb Intel 530 Series 120gb SSD[PSU]Corsair CX500W Modular PSU[Keyboard] Microsoft Sidewinder X4[Headphones]Steel Series Siberias Republic of Gamers

Did no one read the original post?  I own a PC, I want a laptop, because it's difficult to carry around a 32 lbs computer, a keyboard, a mouse, and a monitor, along with all of the cables that go with it.

A $500 laptop is a waste of money. You'll eventually get tired of carrying the thing around and just use it as a desktop permanently plugged into the wall for the rest of its lifetime. You might as well get a tablet. At least a tablet is a lot more "mobile"...

~meOw! Σ:3

I don't see why everyone is so against gaming laptops. I understand that they are not nearly as powerful as a desktop but not everyone has the option ( such as myself) to actually build one. My laptop isn't a gaming laptop however I got it for $500 and it can run games on decent settings. Sure I can't max every game but for a $500 laptop I get pretty good performance. In case you are wonndering this is the laptop I have

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+ENVY+15.6%22+Laptop+-+6GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Natural+Silver/7701076.p?id=1218858735324&skuId=7701076

I know that is is $600 but I got it on sale

What? Which gaming laptop costs 2.5k euroes that runs that poorly... 

Good Morning...

What? Which gaming laptop costs 2.5k euroes that runs that poorly... 

Sony Vaio F13(late 2010 model)

BLAOW!!!!

There's really no gaming laptop around that price range you've given, aside from the Acer one (I still wouldn't even call this one a gaming laptop), but it would still struggle to play even lighter games such as minecraft. If your looking for a decent enough gaming laptop. It would be at around a $1000-1400 price range.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Sony Vaio F13(late 2010 model)

You know... That's not a gaming laptop.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

You know... That's not a gaming laptop.

But Sony advertises it for gaming. Well this POS isn't good for anything

BLAOW!!!!

If you really insist on getting a $500 laptop, at least get one with Haswell. Could use that extra battery life.

~meOw! Σ:3

if you must ... windows 7 laptop, with the best graphics card in it, don't mind the ram, save up untill you can afford ram , you can allways add that. pretty much asus (my favorite brand) or acer , they are more costly then others, but they do give you better service and all, just get one with the mose descend graphics card,  hdd & ram can be added later easily

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

500 dollar is not buying you much, however if you want to play older games like garrys mod for hl2, left 4 dead, minecraft, killing floor, cod 4, battlefield 2 and mods, fear, arma... then go ahead.

Buy a Dell Inspiron 5420

I bought mine for $500 and ran BF3 on Ultra Settings at 30 FPS and some latest games at Medium/High Settings.

Can also run Far Cry 3 on Ultra Settings if the GPU's Video Memory is 2GB (I only can run it on High since my one is 1GB)

Specs of mine

Windows 7 Home Edition 64-Bit

Intel Core i5-3210m @ 2.50 GHz

Nvidia GeForce GT 630m 1GB (2GB Available)

Intel HD 4000 Graphics 2GB (Integrated Graphics)

4 GB RAM

500GB HDD

CPU - Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.1GHz | MOBO - ASUS H97-PLUS | RAM - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz |

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate HDD, 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD |

Chassis - Corsair 400R | PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W |

I got an asus g75 and I really enjoy it, however I do regret not using that money to build a desktop, or even better buy a desktop from a freind, since he was being deployed at the time, could have upgraded it over time.

ah well still building one.

anyways look for a laptop with an amd apu a10 in it, anything lower then that is a bit too slow to run games

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Since you already have a desktop then you can easily find an A8-4500M with the 7640G for under $400 on Amazon and Best Buy. For $550 you can get an A10-4600M with the 7660G. Both are suitable for light gaming. 

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman