Transporting PC Often

I have been transporting my PC to a friend's house ~2 times a week recently, and I was wondering if there was a more efficient way than putting it back in its box every time I move it. I have a HAF 912 and I have been transporting by putting it back in its box so far. Although I like the added security of moving it while in its box, my friend pointed out that a box is not very sturdy if I'm going to move it this much (one of the handles is broken too.) So I was wondering if anybody had an idea of a safe, convenient, and secure way of transporting my computer so frequently?

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

There's foldable dollies with straps built into them at Home Depot. That's how my buddy moves is HAF 922 for LANs

Maybe a large suitcase and add some padding to the inside of it.  If not build yourself a little powerhouse, a Prodigy.

How do you get to your friends house?

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

I used to use the box for transporting mine until I broke all the styrofoam, not I just stick in the back seat of my car.

In need of an upgrade

Spoiler

There are several computer cases with handles just for this sort of thing.

bitfenix_survivor_01.jpg

BitFenix Survivor (ATX)

1.jpg

CM Scout 2 (ATX)

BitFenix-Prodigy.jpg

BitFenix Prodigy (Mini-ITX)

People who LAN a lot tend to get a case like this.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Mine just goes up the stairs. Its quite easily because on a dell case(IM SORRY DONT KILL ME(YET)) the top mounted psu is pushed in about 2cm and you can grab that and part of the bottem of the case.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

bitfenix_survivor_01.jpg

BitFenix Survivor (ATX)

1.jpg

CM Scout 2 (ATX)

BitFenix-Prodigy.jpg

dont forget the Vulcan that is 1 outstanding case :D

Top_left.jpg

Character artist in the Games industry.

Just make sure, your GPU is secured, as this is probably the most fragile part while transporting. Same goes for a large tower heatsink if you run one.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

dont forget the Vulcan that is 1 outstanding case :D

Top_left.jpg

Uh..

w3Nbr.jpg

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Uh..

w3Nbr.jpg

its good for lanning with, looks ugly as "F" though but its still a good case given its price

Character artist in the Games industry.

its good for lanning with, looks ugly as "F" though but its still a good case given its price

Don't worry, I'm not attacking it's functionality, just a pure comment on it's looks  :lol:

Its quite easily because on a dell case(IM SORRY DONT KILL ME(YET))

:lol:

If you transport your case around so often, you should consider a SFF build. The Bitfenix Prodigy would be ideal for this, and if you're looking to have the X79/X99 platform in it you should look at the Prodigy M as well

If you transport your case around so often, you should consider a SFF build. The Bitfenix Prodigy would be ideal for this, and if you're looking to have the X79/X99 platform in it you should look at the Prodigy M as well.

I think might be the only one but i really dont like that case.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You can change the front and side panel colors too

You can change the front and side panel colors too.

One way which would make me like it is if you throwed like 10 different paints at it and then when it dries there are the mixed colours. And make sure to cover vented areas, buttons, screws, psu.

Listen if you care.

Maybe a large suitcase and add some padding to the inside of it.

I might just do this actually :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I might just do this actually :)

Its my quick solution for moving rigs 

Haha I'm not a big fan of the prodigy either; and I don't think I will be switching my case, unless i sell it, then I may.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

How do you get to your friends house?

By car.

bitfenix_survivor_01.jpg

BitFenix Survivor (ATX)

1.jpg

CM Scout 2 (ATX)

BitFenix-Prodigy.jpg

Yeah, if I had known I would be moving my computer a lot I would have gotten a case with a handle, but I don't think I want to switch cases just now. It  is definitely something I would look for if I was building now.

There's foldable dollies with straps built into them at Home Depot. That's how my buddy moves is HAF 922 for LANs

Not sure exactly what you mean, if it is a dolly cart I don't think that would work for me.

If you transport your case around so often, you should consider a SFF build. The Bitfenix Prodigy would be ideal for this, and if you're looking to have the X79/X99 platform in it you should look at the Prodigy M as well.

Definitely something I would consider for my next build, but I find using my cases' box as more of an inconvenience, and not worth getting a new case and motherboard-at least for the time being,.