Questions about Custom Loops and Mineral Oil

So a friend of mine threw out an idea to instead use mineral oil in a custom loop instead of deionized water, so in the event of a leak, the mineral oil won't short out the computer.  However in my short amount of research it appears as though mineral oil dissolves copper.  I cannot find anything that says that mineral oil dissolves Aluminum.  I also do not know if mineral oil would cause any issues with tubing of any variety. 

Has anyone else looked into this situation and know if this is a possibility or not?

My Rig

CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.0Ghz | Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X OC | PSU: Seasonic SS-660P2 | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB | WD Black 4TB x2 | CASE: NZXT H440  

F@H Stats:  http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=RzarEater

So a friend of mine threw out an idea to instead use mineral oil in a custom loop instead of deionized water, so in the event of a leak, the mineral oil won't short out the computer.  However in my short amount of research it appears as though mineral oil dissolves copper.  I cannot find anything that says that mineral oil dissolves Aluminum.  I also do not know if mineral oil would cause any issues with tubing of any variety. 

Has anyone else looked into this situation and know if this is a possibility or not?

Mineral oil is thicker than water i think. So the pump will have a harder time pushing it around. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The mineral oil would damage the pump because it has a much higher viscosity. It would also not move fast enough to offer good cooling.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It'd perform worst than water since water has a higher heat capacity or ability to absorb more and transfer heat away from the waterblocks into the radiators, and I'm pretty sure mineral oil is inert to metals since they fill transformers full of that stuff as a cooling fluid. In most situations once you build a loop and it is leak tested without issues it won't readily fail or leak, usually a seal or O-ring goes over time and by then it's a regular maintenance that should be double checked when changing fluids.

It is as W-L says, basically the only advantage mineral oil has is its non-conductivity but if you take care when setting up a cooling loop and test it properly it'll be very unlikely you'll experience a leak. Mineral oil is also relatively expensive, especially compared to water ;) Most WC pumps wont have a problem with it though as its not that much more viscous then water. Basically its cool looking for submersion and can give you peace of mind/ease of use in places like server farms but it's not at all practical from a performance/cost standpoint.

@W-L @Grrizz

Thanks for the opinions.  I probably wouldn't do something like this myself, I was just curious about the feasibility of this situation.  Sounds not very feasible or at least not reasonable.

My Rig

CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.0Ghz | Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X OC | PSU: Seasonic SS-660P2 | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB | WD Black 4TB x2 | CASE: NZXT H440  

F@H Stats:  http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=RzarEater