Cheapest, reliable preferably 4:3/16:10 Android tablet? And charging stand?

dizmo

I'm looking for a tablet for a very specific purpose.

It will live on my desktop with more or less the sole purpose of running a multiple countdown timer app, or multiple timer widgets on the home screen.

I know I can do this with my phone, which is what I currently do, however it's far from ideal. My phone has to be used for other tasks (like being a phone) and it can often interfere with the intended purpose.

I'd like something in the 8" realm, maybe down to 7". I'm looking for the cheapest possible, without sacrificing too much. It needs to be very responsive.

It doesn't have to have much memory. I'd like it to have the charging port on one of the slimmer sides of the device so that it stands in portrait.

I'd also like a newer version of Android. It has to have at least 4.1, preferably newer.

I'd prefer black.

Since it won't really be used for much, I'm looking for the cheapest possible.

I'd kind of like to stay away from the really bottom end, no name manufacturers though.

I'm also looking for a charging stand. I just plan to leave this plugged in with the screen on all the time.

Metal would be nice, silver or black, I'd prefer to stay away from glossy materials. Some form of cable management would also be a plus.

Any suggestions LTT gang?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Why would anyone want a dead standard such as 4:3 aspect ratio ?

4:3 isn't very commonly used anymore. The only recently released tablet I've heard of running 4:3 is the Nexus 9.

What about another monitor? You can probably find the apps you need, it will be a bigger screen and might even cost less depending on the tablet

Fits better on the desk. Slightly less height, wider as well iirc.

4:3 isn't very commonly used anymore. The only recently released tablet I've heard of running 4:3 is the Nexus 9.

Apple.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

What about another monitor? You can probably find the apps you need, it will be a bigger screen and might even cost less depending on the tablet

I will be getting 2. This will be in addition to the two monitors.

I find the Android apps are just easier to use then downloading and running something on the PC where I'd have to divert my attention from what I'm doing instead of just reaching over and tapping it.

Hp touchpad done

This is why I love LTT. Within minutes I have a recommendation that falls right in line with what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Keep 'em coming. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Apple.

>Apple.

That's not what I'd call a tablet. I'd call that a bigger iPhone, quite literally.

Why not use a micro controler or with several 7 segment displays? That would be way more Nerdy, and costumisable.

The Prestigio MultiPad 7.0 Prime would do the job.

i am not a native speaker of the english language

[spoiler=My Rig: ]CPU: i7-3770k@Stock | Ram: 3x4GB@1600Mhz | Graka: 660TI@Stock | Storage: 250GB 840Evo, 1x1TB,2x2TB,2x640GB,1x500GB (JBOD) + NAS: DLINK DNS-320 2x3TB Raid1

Why not use a micro controler or with several 7 segment displays? That would be way more Nerdy, and costumisable.

The Prestigio MultiPad 7.0 Prime would do the job.

I'm not sure that's available in North America.

Haha, yeah ir would be much nerdier...and a lot more work..

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Apple.

If it does not work properly in practice then there is no benefit to saving a few inches LOL. Apple is retarded. 16:9 is the standard now and 16:10 is preferred by some for the extra bit of vertical pixels and because the movie industry uses 21:9 this is most likly going to be the new standard that replaces 16:9 but 4:3 is completely dead.

because on a tablet its actually a nice aspect ratio although i think 3:2 is nice

If it does not work properly in practice then there is no benefit to saving a few inches LOL. Apple is retarded. 16:9 is the standard now and 16:10 is preferred by some for the extra bit of vertical pixels and because the movie industry uses 21:9 this is most likly going to be the new standard that replaces 16:9 but 4:3 is completely dead.

standards for monitors are not the same as with tablets and phones, no ones gonna want a 21:9 tablet

I didn't know they made 16:10 tablets, I'll add that.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

because on a tablet its actually a nice aspect ratio although i think 3:2 is nice

standards for monitors are not the same as with tablets and phones, no ones gonna want a 21:9 tablet

Ya watching videos meant for widescreen is really nice LOL. Also browsing webpages is terrible in that aspect ratio as most web sights are designed to be run on the current modern standard of 16:9. Once again Apple is retarded.

I didn't know they made 16:10 tablets, I'll add that.

I don't know if they do but it is a common aspect ratio used for PC monitors.

Ya watching videos meant for widescreen is really nice LOL. Also browsing webpages is terrible in that aspect ratio as most web sights are designed to be run on the current modern standard of 16:9. Once again Apple is retarded.

nope your just being ignorant, aspect ratio has very little to do with how well a website displays. its more about how many horizontal pixels you have

Standards for current modern day multimedia content consumption are WideScreen resolutions in the 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratio. Developers are not going to take a step back in time to support devices that use a legacy and dead standard.

Standards for current modern day multimedia content consumption are WideScreen resolutions in the 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratio. Developers are not going to take a step back in time to support devices that use a legacy and dead standard.

developers now make almost all web content using scaling based off horizontal pixel width. the only thing a 4:3 aspect ration gives you is black bars when you watch a video but that doesnt matter because if it was 16:9 there wouldn't have been any screen where the black bars are

nope your just being ignorant, aspect ratio has very little to do with how well a website displays. its more about how many horizontal pixels you have

4:3 is ignorant to superior modern day standards. If you like to have to scroll all around a webpage just to view all the information then be my guest but it just does not make things more efficient.

4:3 is ignorant to superior modern day standards. If you like to have to scroll all around a webpage just to view all the information then be my guest but it just does not make things more efficient.

did you even read my flipping response. 4:3 gives you more vertical space then 16:9 it makes web browsing easier on tablets.

would you like me to make you a image demonstrating this?

i am not a native speaker of the english language

[spoiler=My Rig: ]CPU: i7-3770k@Stock | Ram: 3x4GB@1600Mhz | Graka: 660TI@Stock | Storage: 250GB 840Evo, 1x1TB,2x2TB,2x640GB,1x500GB (JBOD) + NAS: DLINK DNS-320 2x3TB Raid1

did you even read my flipping response. 4:3 gives you more vertical space then 16:9 it makes web browsing easier on tablets.

would you like me to make you a image demonstrating this?

There is something called scrolling down or up the page and this is something that generally has to be done anyway. Side scrolling is BS.

There is something called scrolling down or up the page and this is something that generally has to be done anyway. Side scrolling is BS.

you dont have to side scroll on 4:3, why dont you understand this very simple fact??

and as for a tablet id go for a nexus 7, showing its age a little but still good

you dont have to side scroll on 4:3, why dont you understand this very simple fact??

and as for a tablet id go for a nexus 7, showing its age a little but still good

Web pages at leased modern ones are made for 16:9 if you use 4:3 it will be cut off and you will have to side scroll to view the whole page. It's a real pain when trying to read text.