Brand new mouse pointer not moving, buttons work.

Terminashunator

I got a brand new Razer Naga 2014 to replace my Original Naga that has worn out. The buttons all work, but the pointer doesn't move. I cleaned the sensor with a swab, uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers, removed Razer software, reinstalled software, and tried different USB ports with no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

System specs below, running Windows 8.1. It worked fine last night, but after I woke the computer from sleep this happened. 

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Razer... I would bet that's where the problem is  :lol:

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Razer... I would bet that's where the problem is  :lol:

Ho ho, good one! 

I got it for $20 from Best Buy. 

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Try this mouse on a different rig and try a different mouse on your rig.

My 2010 Naga works fine, and I don't have another rig to test my mouse in.

Try this mouse on a different rig and try a different mouse on your rig.

quote me if this works

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

My 2010 Naga works fine, and I don't have another rig to test my mouse in.

Not even like a laptop?

tumblr_n06ztjuVcx1si7538o5_500.gif

Also, I bet that it's something with the Razer software. Uninstall that and all should be fine. I've had this issue with other mouse softwares before and they all do this in Windows 8.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Try it on another pc. If it works then it's your pc, if not, it's the mouse. 

quote me if this works

Not even like a laptop?

tumblr_n06ztjuVcx1si7538o5_500.gif

Also, I bet that it's something with the Razer software. Uninstall that and all should be fine. I've had this issue with other mouse softwares before and they all do this in Windows 8.

Try it on another pc. If it works then it's your pc, if not, it's the mouse. 

BUTTUPDATE: Tried on my mom's laptop that doesn't have Synapse. It does NOT work, either. Making me think the mouse is bork. 

BUTTUPDATE: Tried on my mom's laptop that doesn't have Synapse. It does NOT work, either. Making me think the mouse is bork. 

Razer=Bork

You learned a life lesson my friend. Buy yourself a G600 or maybe one of those Redragon MMO mice.

EDIT: Did the rig you won come with a mouse? I've forgotten...

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Razer=Bork

You learned a life lesson my friend. Buy yourself a G600 or maybe one of those Redragon MMO mice.

I don't want a G600. I have an original Naga that STILL WORKS that I am STILL USING, I only replaced it because there was a great deal on this 2014 version, and my current one has worn out. Yeah, it did come with one, but it's not an MMO mouse,and I use the side buttons. I considered the G600, however this Naga was less expensive. I';m gonna try and see if Razer can push a firmware and fix it, and if not I'll exchange it it to Walmart. 

Razer=Bork

Yea, you have one product fail one time and that instantly mean the entire company is shit. You're an idiot. 

Protip: Don't buy logitech. They sell cheap plastic. If you like cheap plastic then I guess go for it. 

Yea, you have one product fail one time and that instantly mean the entire company is shit. You're an idiot. 

Protip: Don't buy logitech. They sell cheap plastic. If you like cheap plastic then I guess go for it. 

I've used Logitech and have found their platic is just fine for me... I just chose a 2014 Naga because I enjoyed the original Naga. 

I've had numerous friends who've bought Razer products, Naga's, Blackwidow's, Deathadders, you name it - they've all died, every last one.

I've never owned a single Logitech product that's died on me. That's about 4 at this point...

I've had numerous friends who've bought Razer products, Naga's, Blackwidow's, Deathadders, you name it - they've all died, every last one.

I've never owned a single Logitech product that's died on me. That's about 4 at this point...

I think you're lying. 

I think you're lying. 

M500, G400, K120, K350. All living and well....

I have a g700 that I love. I've had it for like 2 years now. The battery life is pretty horrendous but that is just because its a wireless pro-grade mouse with ridiculous polling rates and other things. Anyway I love it and it feels reallly durable so kudos to Logitech there.

I don't want a G600. I have an original Naga that STILL WORKS that I am STILL USING, I only replaced it because there was a great deal on this 2014 version, and my current one has worn out. Yeah, it did come with one, but it's not an MMO mouse,and I use the side buttons. I considered the G600, however this Naga was less expensive. I';m gonna try and see if Razer can push a firmware and fix it, and if not I'll exchange it it to Walmart. 

Well I would RMA your mouse.

Well I would RMA your mouse.

It might be easier to just exchange it at the retailer, to be honest. 

It might be easier to just exchange it at the retailer, to be honest. 

Not if he got it from the razer website as people tend to do.

Not if he got it from the razer website as people tend to do.

I am OP, I got it at Best Buy... :)

I am OP, I got it at Best Buy... :)

Alright then do the classic "My product didn't work exchange it" with them and hope they say yes (offer to have them try it on their computer and witness it doesnt work) If that fails then RMA