Color Schemes

Lamb

I am planning to do a build later this year. I will be doing a Haswell ITX build in a Bitfenix Prodigy. I am trying to decide on which color scheme I should do. The performance of the parts I list do NOT matter. Just keep them in mind for how they look. I think the colors of the black and red build would match better, but when the lights are on, you will not really be able to see the small differences in color.

Black and red

The first color scheme that I was thinking of is a black and red build. For this build, I would use the Asus ROG ITX motherboard. I would have the black prodigy with a side panel window. For the graphics card, I would use the MSI GTX 770 OC Twin Frozr. There would be red light strips in my case and a 230mm red LED fan in the front.

White and Blue

The second color scheme that I was thinking of is a white and blue build. For this build, I would use a Gigabyte Z87 ITX motherboard. I would have the white prodigy with a side panel window. For the graphics card, I would use the EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked with the ACX cooler. There would also be blue light strips in my case.

Thanks for reading, all feedback is greatly appreciated!  :lol:

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

i would go black'n'red cause it looks pretty awesome!

Also, why an ACX cooler in the blue and white? the cooler is Gold and black! o.O

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I'm personally considering a black and gold rig or black and red though white and blue sounds also very nice. The thing is, a lot of the usual colours are a little too overused in my opinion and personally I would strive for something different. The ITX ROG sounds good though.

It would be very interesting to see a windowed prodigy I might add.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I'm personally considering a black and gold rig or black and red though white and blue sounds also very nice. The thing is, a lot of the usual colours are a little too overused in my opinion and personally I would strive for something different. The ITX ROG sounds good though.

It would be very interesting to see a windowed prodigy I might add.

I am open for suggestions! What would you like to see as something different? The reason I was going with that was because those are my favorite colors, but something could look better.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

i would go black'n'red cause it looks pretty awesome!

Also, why an ACX cooler in the blue and white? the cooler is Gold and black! o.O

The reason for the ACX cooler would be that I really like the look of it and once there are lights next to it, I don't think you will notice the gold. I have only seen pictures though, so I don't know what it would look like in person.

Are there any things like a desk/peripherals or environment colors to compliment or match?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Are there any things like a desk/peripherals or environment colors to compliment or match?

My desk is plain black and that is not going to change. I have a Steelseries Sensei mouse, so I can change the LED color of that. If I can find a keyboard with a backlight that matches, then I will buy that as well.

I wouldn't build a color-themed system inside a Prodigy unless you plan on making your own window on the other side of the case, or you don't care that your system will probably end up looking like this.

prodigy_window.jpg

I have decided that I will have a black and red theme in my build. It will look better on my desk and overall in my room. The black case has the mesh in the front, so I will be able to use a red LED 230mm fan in the front to make it look even better!  :D

I have decided that I will have a black and red theme in my build. It will look better on my desk and overall in my room. The black case has the mesh in the front, so I will be able to use a red LED 230mm fan in the front to make it look even better!  :D

A quick, easy, and cheap mod is to put an led strip underneath the prodigy and it will shine out the sides.

20120606-230812.jpg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

A quick, easy, and cheap mod is to put an led strip underneath the prodigy and it will shine out the sides.

20120606-230812.jpg

That looks AMAZING! I absolutely love that idea. However, the case pictured is not the prodigy. Can the prodigy do this too?

So you don't care that the only thing you'll see out of Prodigy window is your GPU.  Interesting.

you know you won't even see the internals of the computer right? because you're really not making any sense...

pi = 3.14159262358979323846

That looks AMAZING! I absolutely love that idea. However, the case pictured is not the prodigy. Can the prodigy do this too?

Yeah, there's an opening to sides, front, and back of the bottom. I couldn't find a picture with a prodigy but I've seen it done and it's pretty cool.

you know you won't even see the internals of the computer right? because you're really not making any sense...

Sorry if I am not making sense. I am completely aware of what it will look like. My friend has a prodigy build with a window. I know that I will be able to see only the graphics card. I have some ideas in mind, and I know I will be happy with it. The reasoning that I am going with matching parts inside of the case is just because I am really OCD and I just love to make sure that all of my parts match and look good together.

Sorry if I am not making sense. I am completely aware of what it will look like. My friend has a prodigy build with a window. I know that I will be able to see only the graphics card. I have some ideas in mind, and I know I will be happy with it. The reasoning that I am going with matching parts inside of the case is just because I am really OCD and I just love to make sure that all of my parts match and look good together.

Then go with a case that will show off your parts.  There's no sense in matching if you can't even see them.  Be patient, and wait for EVGA to bring this out.

900x900px-LL-8992d0d5_LgNQLLz.jpeg

Then go with a case that will show off your parts.  There's no sense in matching if you can't even see them.  Be patient, and wait for EVGA to bring this out.

Yes, I completely agree with what you are saying. My build has changed greatly from the first time I planned it and I am sure that it will change even more before I actually build it. The builds I noted in the original post are still being planned. I was just trying to get some idea for color schemes to go with. 

Yes, I completely agree with what you are saying. My build has changed greatly from the first time I planned it and I am sure that it will change even more before I actually build it. The builds I noted in the original post are still being planned. I was just trying to get some idea for color schemes to go with. 

Seriously go with that case.  It's sexy.  :ph34r:

Seriously go with that case.  It's sexy.  :ph34r:

I know. That is seriously the coolest ITX case I have ever seen!  :lol: