Asus ROG Hybrid, is this the future?

Assuming their tests are pretty legit, 10-15*C cooler on air, 20-35*C cooler on water depending on your loop, can you see this becoming popular?  I like the concept assuming the premium is only maybe 100 bucks.  It gives people an option to water cool if they want to.  For me, it would be nice as I will not have to redo my loop right away, as I'll be able to wait until I have time to add in another radiator.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

It looks so ugly. To be honest, I would be happy to spend extra on a decent waterblock from EK or XSPC rather than buy that hideous looking RoG but thats just my opinion lol.

Really?  I found it looks awesome and goes perfect with my red/black build.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

Oh not another thread on this :S

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

It looks so ugly. To be honest, I would be happy to spend extra on a decent waterblock from EK or XSPC rather than buy that hideous looking RoG but thats just my opinion lol.

major +1 here.

For me, no. Watercooled cards will only appeal to those who are doing a full system loop [ie- CPU+GPU] and they will more than likely have the full thing with one rad. This group will mostly consist of enthusisasts who hate CLCs, so prebuilt watercooled solutions for the GPU will appeal to only a niche market and will hence never be the future in my opinion.

PC in Profile

No because people dont wanna buy an ugly piece of **************************(use your imagination for what i just said). If say an EVGA ACX was water cool ready then maybe. A lot of people are too scared to watercool anyways.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Watercooling is quite expensive, if you're going to watercool you'll prob get a better waterblock for the vga... it's just for show. And not even a 780 at that...

Well, turns out my MSI Z77 Mpower Board arrived today, so I have to stay black/yellow :(

I would not spend more money to make it into a hybrid card. I would just liked the air and water cooling to be separated. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Looks horrendous, wouldn't buy.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I would so buy this i like hte look the idea the concept helps me alot as i slowly get other cash for the setup etc. I like the idea of both air and water as a combined unit now just strap it on a 780 and ill buy as long as its not just rediulously overpriced considering there taking off a expensive cooler to put it on