Heavily modified Fractal Define R4 with dual 180mm and 360 radiators

d33g33

Yeah, me likey. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Kick it, that's a tasty R4!  Soooo I will be getting my R4 shipped today, I can express you my front panel and window panel and you can mod mine like that right?  Just kiddin man that is freakin epic, way to stand out of the crowd!

Corsair 350D + AF Quiet Edition | Asus VI Gene ROG | 4770K OC 4.6ghz | H100i + SP Quiet Edition | 16gb DDR3 1866 Dominator Platinum | EVGA GTX 780 Ti OC | Corsair AX860 | 840 Evo SSD x2, WD Scorpio Black | Asus VG248QE + G-Sync | Ducky Shine 3 | DeathAdder 2013

that is one sweet clean looking build. Realy nice job!!!

sooooooo nice man!  :o .... :lol:  well done good sir.. gg

Yeah, me likey. :D

Kick it, that's a tasty R4!  Soooo I will be getting my R4 shipped today, I can express you my front panel and window panel and you can mod mine like that right?  Just kiddin man that is freakin epic, way to stand out of the crowd!

Ha! Have a go yourself, it wasn't so hard so long as you have the time and just do it slowly :)

Thanks to everyone for their support and comments during the build. Just re-installed the OS last night but free time is scarce. Hopefully get some benches up soon.

Can't wait to see the temps of this beast :o

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Amazing build! I love the mods you've done on the r4  :wub: .  

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

A quick stress test, not sure why 1 core is 10 degrees cooler than the other but temps are OK.

3770K @ 4.6ghz with 1.35vcore - 30min stress test with OCCT

Max core hit 67 degrees, 26 degree ambient temps here atm.

Qaqc7er.jpg

Absolutely awesome!  That is truly a beautiful build.  My R4 looks so dull now...  :lol:

Absolutely awesome!  That is truly a beautiful build.  My R4 looks so dull now...  :lol:

It took a long time, though i wouldn't worry. I feel the same way when I look at Akula's build :)

As long as you are happy with what yo have, that's all that matters.

It took a long time, though i wouldn't worry. I feel the same way when I look at Akula's build :)

As long as you are happy with what yo have, that's all that matters.

Yes, I am very happy with my build; it works well for my needs.  It's a great inspiration to see awesome builds such as yourselves.  Maybe one day, I will modify my pc with all I see from the great custom build logs on linustechtip forums.  Definite favorite so far  ;)

I dont think thats an R4 any more.... BUT, it loooks fanfreakingtastic.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

AHHH SOO SEXYYY. Those runs make me feel like redoing my loop RIGHT NOW.

Yes, I am very happy with my build; it works well for my needs.  It's a great inspiration to see awesome builds such as yourselves.  Maybe one day, I will modify my pc with all I see from the great custom build logs on linustechtip forums.  Definite favorite so far  ;)

Thanks very much! I'm glad its inspired you. I have never really modified a PC before so I think this was quite ambitious for a first attempt. I'm already planning a new build which will essentially be 100% custom. Everyone needs a hobby, right?

I dont think thats an R4 any more.... BUT, it loooks fanfreakingtastic.

No its been quite cut up... Hopefully not too blasphemous to the R4 honorable :) It does have a bit of edge now but hey, I didn't change the back panel so err... that part is still stock :)

AHHH SOO SEXYYY. Those runs make me feel like redoing my loop RIGHT NOW.

Do it, DO. IT.

Also I didn't show any pictures of the back,no as nice as the inside but its functional.

I also installed the 2x additional SSDs so I have 2x 120gb Samsung 840's as an OS drive and 2x 160gb Intel 520's for storage.

abUxOLf.jpg

Thanks very much! I'm glad its inspired you. I have never really modified a PC before so I think this was quite ambitious for a first attempt. I'm already planning a new build which will essentially be 100% custom. Everyone needs a hobby, right?

No its been quite cut up... Hopefully not too blasphemous to the R4 honorable :) It does have a bit of edge now but hey, I didn't change the back panel so err... that part is still stock :)

Do it, DO. IT.

The back panel is good enough for me!

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

• 1 month later...

Very small update.

I have some weird bandwidth issues when im batch extracting stuff from my NAS so I managed to get a spare Server NIC from work which is major overkill!

4x 1gbps ports, I've just teamed 2 for now as I only have 2 ports to the PC at the moment. Hopefully it makes an improvement.

The NIC is a HP 330T which retails for around the $400 mark so I was very lucky to get this for free.

jKyX2KL.jpg

Uy6Lykw.jpg

Magnetic filter was a separate purchase.The tubing is white, you can see the clear fluid in the reservoir. I would love milky fluid with transparent tops on the GPU!

May I know where you got the magnetic filter please?

May I know where you got the magnetic filter please?

I got them from PCCaseGear (if you're in Australia)

http://search.pccasegear.com/search#w=demci

Otherwise they are called Demci magnetic filters.

• 2 months later...

Nice build but by your specs under your reactions and stuff you say possibly the most watercooled R4 their is a more watercooled if you count external cooling:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/68251-23-noctua/

Alright negative Nancy no need to be a buzzkill  <_<

I lovbe the hell out of that dual 180 rad :D, Nice work with the build.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "