3570k temperatures??

hows it going guys. quick question on my temperatures. not quite sure if these are ok?

right now i have an h100i on my cpu. and here are the temperatures im getting

oh and also i am running prime95 in the background. so its under full load.

post-22998-0-98962700-1370595244.png

post-22998-0-98962700-1370595244.png

Not bad. You're prolly on auto voltage. I bet you could use something like 1.05-1.1v

Yeah you've got plenty of room to OC. I've got mine @ 1.34v and 4.7Ghz and temps don't go that high at all. I could of gone more but the noise was too much for me.

Case: Corsair 500R ¦ Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ¦ CPU: i5-3570K @  4.7Ghz ¦ Cooler: H100i ¦ Graphics: MSI R7950 Twin Frozer III ¦ PSU: Corsair CX750M ¦ Storage: 1x OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1x Seagate 500gb, 1x WD 1TB Blue ¦¦

Not bad. You're prolly on auto voltage. I bet you could use something like 1.05-1.1v

yeah problem is i cant actually change it from auto for some reason. might just be i have a low end mobo. 

Your temperatures are good but they can be better if you drop your voltage a bit. I don't know what motherboard you use but in ASUS you can achieve a lower voltage buy using the voltage offset to like 0.005 and increase as need be. 4.0 on the multiplier and 0.005 on the offset is a easy overclock. so to would be for 4.1 or 4.2 anything higher needs a higher offset like say 0.030 and your temperatures should stay good.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Your temperatures are good but they can be better if you drop your voltage a bit. I don't know what motherboard you use but in ASUS you can achieve a lower voltage buy using the voltage offset to like 0.005 and increase as need be. 4.0 on the multiplier and 0.005 on the offset is a easy overclock. so to would be for 4.1 or 4.2 anything higher needs a higher offset like say 0.030 and your temperatures should stay good.

well right now im using a msi z77 ma- g45. low budget board but it was what i could afford at the time. i do have a friend that runs an asus motherboard and an older one at that. z68 chipset. so i might go that route here pretty soon. well different chipset....obviously... haha. any recommendations?

well right now im using a msi z77 ma- g45. low budget board but it was what i could afford at the time. i do have a friend that runs an asus motherboard and an older one at that. z68 chipset. so i might go that route here pretty soon. well different chipset....obviously... haha. any recommendations?

Your temps are fine. Your cpu will be running strong when you replace it in the next couple of years.

No need to spend extra money unless you want to. I'd suggest an MVG for overclocking... Matx certainly isn't the best value. A p8z77-m pro wouldn't be bad at all. G1.sniper maybe?..costs a lot..

Yeah Id go MVG. About the same price as a decent ATX board and would be a ton of fun to play with.

Am i the only one to remember the old P4 (Prescott) days when those temps would have been awesome even for idle?

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Keep using the  z77 ma- g45 it is a good one just try some offset voltages to lower your at present voltage for an even better temperature. My board is the P8Z77 - V LX, the lowest of the low boards from asus and i have achieved a 4.7GHz oc on it with 1.225 volts. I use a 360 rad and on aida64 stress test i get a cpu temperature of 68 - 70. So your board is good no need to change. I am just letting you know how you can get better temperatures from a lower voltage on z77 chipset. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

You're completely fine with those temps. :) 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

They are fine, as long as you stay under the 90~95 degree mark, while running prime95 on an OC'd chip, there is no need to worry.

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

Just a quick tip don't use RealTemp GT the GT stands for Gulf Town which was meant for Intel's Extreme Edition CPU's and ready to accommodate the 6 cores. Just use the normal RealTemp or even CoreTemp or HWMonitor. The Real Temp GT as the TJmax at like 105*C which is correct for your Ivy Bridge. So your temps are probably like 5-10*C hotter than they really are. Do another burn in and use the other programs I mentioned and re check the temps again. :) 

Just a quick tip don't use RealTemp GT the GT stands for Gulf Town which was meant for Intel's Extreme Edition CPU's and ready to accommodate the 6 cores. Just use the normal RealTemp or even CoreTemp or HWMonitor. The Real Temp GT as the TJmax at like 105*C which is correct for your Ivy Bridge. So your temps are probably like 5-10*C hotter than they really are. Do another burn in and use the other programs I mentioned and re check the temps again. :)

Ooooo ok then. Did not know that one. Thanks for the tip!!! Running it now. And looks to be like you said. Although the temps seem to be kinda weird still. Maybe 5 degrees hotter on 2 of the cores. Or is that normal?

yeah here's the current burn in. and i upped the multiplier so now im at 4.5 ghz. i did just start prime 95 like 10 minutes ago. so ill have to update again in like 4 hours or so. but hopefully its right??

post-22998-0-36527100-1370789998_thumb.p

wait a second..... are those voltages right?? if you cant see it in the thumbnail its like 1.192....?? seems pretty low to me.....

Looks like you got a great sample! Keep pushing it until you reach ~ 80-90 degrees in prime to see what it really is capable of.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

wait a second..... are those voltages right?? if you cant see it in the thumbnail its like 1.192....?? seems pretty low to me.....

well if the voltages are like that and if your overclock is stable at those voltages then that's perfectly fine! As long as it is stable overclock you should have nothing to worry about. And nice temperatures really keeping it low and you can push the overclock even more with the temps you have but if your comfortable with what you have then keep it!  

Ooooo ok then. Did not know that one. Thanks for the tip!!! Running it now. And looks to be like you said. Although the temps seem to be kinda weird still. Maybe 5 degrees hotter on 2 of the cores. Or is that normal?

That's normal I have the same thing one of the cores will be running around 5-7*C hotter than the coolest core but that's normal. I have the same thing on my i7 2600K. As long as the delta temperatures aren't like 15*C plus or even 10*C plus then your CPU is just fine. :) Take at look at my temps the temperature difference is about the same as yours but my CPU runs a bit hotter but its sandy bridge. :)

post-3244-0-87319000-1367209168.jpg

post-3244-0-87319000-1367209168.jpg

That's normal I have the same thing one of the cores will be running around 5-7*C hotter than the coolest core but that's normal. I have the same thing on my i7 2600K. As long as the delta temperatures aren't like 15*C plus or even 10*C plus then your CPU is just fine. :) Take at look at my temps the temperature difference is about the same as yours but my CPU runs a bit hotter but its sandy bridge. :)

Awesome! But yeah it crashed like 2 hours in. And that's the highest I can set the voltages. I'm ordering a new motherboard on newegg right now. Haha. Thanks for all the help everyone!!!