Folding@Home who benefits from it?

I recently joined the Linus Team on Folding@Home and was just wandering if the research that I and many others help to create using our own computers will benefit anyone other than the corporations. Are the corporations just using Stanford University to do the work for them which they have passed onto us. Or is the research and data we create free for all so it will truly help those that really need it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Yeah man, I'm totally feeling ya, it's those pesky corporations. The're in cahoots with the government to read out brains man! TIN FOIL HATS I SAY!!! 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

That wasn't what I meant. I meant if our help actually goes directly to those that need it and don't just use it to make profit.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Although I could really use some tinfoil for a full body suit. Them satellites are getting more powerful. LOL.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Well for what it's worth, Stanford has over 100 publishings regarding progress they've made via folding@home. Here is a link to both the commercial and volunteer sponsors of the Folding@Home project. Hope this helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding@home

As mentioned, they have over 100 public release papers that fellow scientist can use for research advancement.

Their research and development of the various algorithms and computational software is also used by other researchers and simulation systems.

In the end though, should this all lead to some huge development in cancer treatment, some "corporation" will be requireed to take it to the next level - refinement, testing, distribution, etc, so someone will make money on this. I hope though, that the effort of all our systems working together can maybe have this "solution" to market and for us to use in the next few years, rather than in next few decades, or longer, as may be the case without all our systems helping.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Thanks this has helped a lot. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)