Anyone else having issues with new YouTube 60fps support?

Exactly.

If you use Html Browser you should have options similar to what I have here- http://imgur.com/a/wljdh

How the hell do you get those weird options,

Unless you have a extension , or program installed which is tampering with

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

If you use Html Browser you should have options similar to what I have here- http://imgur.com/a/wljdh

How the hell do you get those weird options,

Unless you have a extension , or program installed which is tampering with

I had an extension from the store, how to i request for it?

I had an extension from the store, how to i request for it?

chrome://extensions

does anything mess with youtube settings , like a youtube downloader or something?

Also html5 player is on if there is a checkbox

It must be a program you have installed? I really don't understand

I have no clue, but it doesnt work, literally nothing will work. the html5 page says its enabled.

I have no clue, but it doesnt work, literally nothing will work. the html5 page says its enabled.

Check some other computers and see if that works. If neither of them work it may be a regional issue. 

I highly suspect some program is changing the look of the settings thing. If you don't have any suspisous programs you could try re-installing chrome.

Its getting late so this will be my last respond for today.

Check some other computers and see if that works. If neither of them work it may be a regional issue. 

I highly suspect some program is changing the look of the settings thing. If you don't have any suspisous programs you could try re-installing chrome.

Its getting late so this will be my last respond for today.

I wish I had access to another computer xD, and im from the US so i'd figure I wouldn't have any issue with regional stuff. I dunno.

Same here. 1080p60 stutters/drops frames. And not like little. A LOT. It's unwatchable, sometimes stops on one frame for X seconds. Sound is OK. It doesn't do it on 720p60. It should not be the hardware (i7 930 OC@3,5 + OC HD 5780 - you got full spec in my profile). Connection isn't bad either. I mean it's not at full speed today but 58Mb/s should be more than enough. Of course each and every thing (programs, os updates, drivers) is up to date. HTML5 on and running for years. Checked it on 3 videos - every time the same thing. 4K videos are buttery smooth for me (and don't need to wait to cache it.. it just runs). Will investigate it further and let you know if I found something

These were taken with afterburner:

• CPU usage while 1080p ~3%
  • GPU usage while 1080p ~24%
  • CPU usage while 4K ~35-50%
  • GPU usage while 4K ~27%
  • CPU usage while 1080p60 ~3-6% 
  • GPU usage while 1080p60 ~2-4% (something seems not OK here)

Same here. 1080p60 stutters/drops frames. And not like little. A LOT. It's unwatchable, sometimes stops on one frame for X seconds. Sound is OK. It doesn't do it on 720p60. It should not be the hardware (i7 930 OC@3,5 + OC HD 5780 - you got full spec in my profile). Connection isn't bad either. I mean it's not at full speed today but 58Mb/s should be more than enough. Of course each and every thing (programs, os updates, drivers) is up to date. HTML5 on and running for years. Checked it on 3 videos - every time the same thing. 4K videos are buttery smooth for me (and don't need to wait to cache it.. it just runs). Will investigate it further and let you know if I found something

These were taken with afterburner:

• CPU usage while 1080p ~3%
  • GPU usage while 1080p ~24%
  • CPU usage while 4K ~35-50%
  • GPU usage while 4K ~27%
  • CPU usage while 1080p60 ~3-6% 
  • GPU usage while 1080p60 ~2-4% (something seems not OK here)

I've been having the same issue, I'm thinking it must be a bug in my GPU driver (AMD 6970) or Chrome, or a combination.

I managed to fix it by doing the following:
  • Go to chrome://flags
  • Find the "Disable hardware-accelerated video decode" setting
  • Enable it
  • Close chrome, really close it... open your task manager to kill all lingering chrome processes.. or just restart your PC
  • Start it up again
  • Smooth 1080p@60 videos!

Hopefully that works for you as well!

These are the stats after just one minute of playback 1080p60. That's.... I'm speachless...

15cf1xs.jpg

I've been having the same issue, I'm thinking it must be a bug in my GPU driver (AMD 6970) or Chrome, or a combination.

• Enable it
  • Close chrome, really close it... open your task manager to kill all lingering chrome processes.. or just restart your PC
  • Start it up again

Yup... that worked. So it's an "AMD driver - Chrome" issue. Not suprised here. A year ago chrome was crashing for over 3 months for THOUSANDS of users. Finally we got to the bottom of it (users... not Google). It was an old realtek driver on mobos with X58 chipset that didn't want to play nice with a new chrome update and froze not only chrome bu the entire OS. And not like "command/kill" froze... like reset/power off. Really. There still is XXX pages long thread on google forum. So for 3 months we were using old versions. Finally we figured it out but google devs were like "well... we are not going to fix it... just now that you know update the driver". From that point on NOTHING will surprise me :)

• Enable it
  • Start it up again

Holy shit that worked, I was literally trying to fix it for like 5-7 hours yesterday, thank you!

• Enable it
  • Start it up again

Yep this solved it for me. Seems like it's specific to the radeon 6xxx series of cards, as I have a 6950.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

And this thread is the top google hit for "laggy 60fps youtube" so this should be able to help some people.

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

i use chrome, and 60fps youtube works perfectly

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

• Enable it
  • Start it up again

I tried this and it don't work for me :/. I use Radeon 6850 (Catalyst 14.9) and Google Chrome 38.0 64Bit.

XOSvw6X.png

Yep this solved it for me. Seems like it's specific to the radeon 6xxx series of cards, as I have a 6950.

Nope... have 5870 so it's not limited to 6 series

I tried this and it don't work for me :/. I use Radeon 6850 (Catalyst 14.9) and Google Chrome 38.0 64Bit.

Seems like you tried it for a very small amount of time (only 367 decoded frames). Leave it for a while and it should count the dropped frames then - of course if you have the acceleration on and still have issues.

PS. Just realized you are watching 1080p30. We are talking 1080p60 - so... yeah.... This is a fix for 60 FPS

Weird issue, I uploaded a test 60 fps video, Rendered it in 1080P 60 FPS and after an hour it still isn't showing anything other than standard 1080P :-/

EDIT Nevermind apparently you have to wait 1 hour and 5 minutes xD

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Seems like you tried it for a very small amount of time (only 367 decoded frames). Leave it for a while and it should count the dropped frames then - of course if you have the acceleration on and still have issues.

PS. Just realized you are watching 1080p30. We are talking 1080p60 - so... yeah.... This is a fix for 60 FPS

I don't even have a option for 1080p@60. Only 360p, 480p. 720p, 1080p and so on. Without 60fps. I have enabled HTML5 as well. I've tried many 60FPS youtube videos but it won't work.

EDIT:

Solved! I needed to delete all youtube cookies! And now everything is working :D

It certainly does seem an AMD issue at least though. Just for reference, I'm on Catalyst 14.9

• 4 weeks later...

Nope, having the same issue with my intel built in graphics, seriously seems to me like google wants to do anything to screw with us/make us buy good hardware.

Btw can't find the thing under flags...maybe i'm blind  ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello, I just wanted to provide some new information to this thread - I had exactly the same problems with 60 fps videos, the setting solved everything perfectly.

My specs:

-> Geforce GTX 980 (Driver version 347.09)

-> 64 bit Chrome (39.0.2171.95 m (64-bit))

So the problem is not limited to AMD cards and seems to be still present even in the newest 64bit Chrome.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with a 6870... Yes, it can be solved disabling hardware acceleration but doing that every non 1080p video looks horrible...there is no new fix? It really bother me!

While we are on this topic of 60fps is there a way to make it 30fps and still be 1080p? I can't watch 60fps it makes me feel sick :S