"Computer-building" company ripping people off

Butterfish

I'm just so sick of this website called www.sharkgaming.dk, that i need to rant a bit. This site builds and sells computers, and charges about 3-400$ more than the value of the hardware! They even ship their computers with 2 year old GPU's! (GTX 660).

Despite the alternatives like www.topdata.dk where you get a lot for your money, everyone still buys from this "sharkgaming". I get so frustrated when small 13 year old kids asks on a FB group where to buy a computer, and EVERYONE suggests sharkgaming as the BEST COMPANY EU. They are ripping people off by brading their website as "GAMING". 

Sharkgaming made a smart move though, no doubt about that. I do believe that the easiest way to get rich in this world, is to rip people off, and make a profit on their stupidity..

Rant over.. so far

[TL:DR]

www.sharkgaming.dk

three words: overpriced, hyped, shit.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

People gotta make money! That's the bottom line really.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

People gotta make money! That's the bottom line really.

I would give you Gold right now Sir!

damn-good-stuff-sir.gif

Because he had a hard drive.

It's all about profit margins for companies like them, and they're obviously successful at making a large profit. It is annoying that you see companies like them ripping people off though, but I suppose it's peoples own fault for not doing the research and using them in the first place.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Way to describe any pre-built ever...

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

980 MSI Gaming is cheapest at Sharkgaming. at least in Denmark.

and their prebuild often comes with a water cooler witch might be why it seems higher price then normal.

Computer shop owner like SharkGaming here,

How the hell do you expect them to stay in Business by buying and selling the item at the same price? They HAVE to make money, hence the markup. You just fail at grasping a very simple concept.

Their products look fine. Everything is up to date, just need to step up to the 900 series which is harder to come across as a company over there.

I see nothing wrong. I'd recommend them no problem for someone that can't build one.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

980 MSI Gaming is cheapest at Sharkgaming. at least in Denmark.

and their prebuild often comes with a water cooler witch might be why it seems higher price then normal.

I just don't see how a cheap AIO justifies the $400+ extra cost

Main Rig
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Phone

How the hell do you expect them to stay in Business by buying and selling the item at the same price? They HAVE to make money, hence the markup. You just fail at grasping a very simple concept.

Their products look fine. Everything is up to date, just need to step up to the 900 series which is harder to come across as a company over there.

I see nothing wrong. I'd recommend them no problem for someone that can't build one.

Even though there are better prebuilt options in the same country, offering a lot more hardware for the price?

Main Rig
Phone

Take a look at alienware, they've been getting away with crazily overcharging for their shit for years.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Even though there are better prebuilt options in the same country, offering a lot more hardware for the price?

You go with whats reputable. They look like a company that is doing well, prices aren't that high compared to some here in the states. Plus they offer a good warranty from what I can read. People will pay for that.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

I'm just so sick of this website called www.sharkgaming.dk, that i need to rant a bit. This site builds and sells computers, and charges about 3-400$ more than the value of the hardware! They even ship their computers with 2 year old GPU's! (GTX 660).

Despite the alternatives like www.topdata.dk where you get a lot for your money, everyone still buys from this "sharkgaming". I get so frustrated when small 13 year old kids asks on a FB group where to buy a computer, and EVERYONE suggests sharkgaming as the BEST COMPANY EU. They are ripping people off by brading their website as "GAMING". 

Sharkgaming made a smart move though, no doubt about that. I do believe that the easiest way to get rich in this world, is to rip people off, and make a profit on their stupidity..

Rant over.. so far

[TL:DR]

www.sharkgaming.dk

three words: overpriced, hyped, shit.

You complain about they are selling GFX 2years old

the other link sells AMD_X2_3.6GHZ  SEE THAT'S ALOT OLDER it might even be from 2008 but not sure.

http://topdata.dk/product.asp?product=7733

You complain about they are selling GFX 2years old

the other link sells AMD_X2_3.6GHZ  SEE THAT'S ALOT OLDER it might even be from 2008 but not sure.

http://topdata.dk/product.asp?product=7733

I'm comparing gaming builds! :P

Main Rig
Phone

Keep in mind you can also get sharkgaming to OC your computer before they mail it!!! that's also something noobs want!!

Sharkgaming also supports Danish E-sports a lot more then others. That's also something players like and support.

If you wanna support E-Sport you use Komplett or Sharkgaming. that's it really.

Ok so I built up a system compared to theirs, and mine is $30 cheaper. WTF are you bitching about? $30 in europe compared to prices in the states? Their stuff is CHEAP

4790, 8gb ram @ 2133, gtx 970, 250gb ssd, 1 tb hd, case, psu, cooler...

because $300-$400 for rent, bills, and wages to employees is farrrrrrr too much............. /sarcasm

because the tech savvy people capable of building computers, troubleshooting, and customer service/warranty with customer's builds deserve less than kids who just work minimum wage at walmart....

Ok so I built up a system compared to theirs, and mine is $30 cheaper. WTF are you bitching about? $30 in europe compared to prices in the states? Their stuff is CHEAP

4790, 8gb ram @ 2133, gtx 970, 250gb ssd, 1 tb hd, case, psu, cooler...

He might be a guy from TOPdata.dk xD

MOST SHOPS you can also email to get a even cheaper deal or show up at their shops with cool cash!!

Sharkgaming is not that bad really, maybe they sell things a bit overpriced but the company still needs to earn money. They also sponsor different things like esports and that is only costing them more money. they are also very nice people and they have nice supporters in the livechat.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

if people always got the manufacture deals retail computer stores wouldnt exist for the noobs to take to get their viruses removed for 150$ and such

if people always got the manufacture deals retail computer stores wouldnt exist for the noobs to take to get their viruses removed for 150$ and such

Infections will always be around and will need shops to remove them.

Infections will always be around and will need shops to remove them.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/ and rkill are the only really essential tools these "shops" use, id do it but i cant stand ripping nubs off all day while they thank me