Corsair M65 vs SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) vs SteelSeries Rival vs Roccat Kone Pure (Optical)

A lot of people hate on Razer, but in truth the deathadder is a spectacular mouse and you shouldn't disregard it. I bought the m65 not so long ago but went back to my deathadder again because it is simply better.

You went from a full palm mouse to a fingertip grip so im not surprised. M40/M45 are better choices than the M65. Also a mouse is all personal preference. if your not comfortable with the mouse you wont play well with it.

The Roccat Kone Pure Military goes up to 5000dpi as an optical sensor, does it really need to go any higher because most other high end gaming mice are around 8000dpi??

I really depends on what DPI you use. I havnt seen anyone comfortably use anything higher than 3200.

Higher sensors are really nice if you play on a very high resolution. Other then that it's just a higher quality sensor.

I play on a 1080p monitor at around 2200 dpi personally.

the games resolution does not rely at all on sensitivity. You would actually use the same on a 720p and a 5K monitor when playing games. Where it helps is on the desktop.

for fps games laser mice are no go,

i'd choose the rival, roccat kone military, corsair vengeance m45 depending on shape preference

This is ridiculous. I have the m65 and Absolutely love it! The sensor is perfect and I basically only play FPS games with zero problems. The feel, look, and sensor are great.

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

This is ridiculous. I have the m65 and Absolutely love it! The sensor is perfect and I basically only play FPS games with zero problems. The feel, look, and sensor are great.

If it's perfect then good for you but you can't deny the fact that laser mice are flawed

The rival has a good sensor that's about it. The build quality is not good and the ergonomics could be better. 

Hi,

Soon I will have my new gaming PC but, after hours of research I just cannot decide on a gaming mouse. I am 14 years old so I have small hands and it has been hard to find a good mouse which ticks all my boxes. I will play FPS games, RPG's such as Skyrim and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and general all-round games like Assassin's Creed, Alien: Isolation, etc. Here are the mice I have on my mind:

• Steelseries Rival
  • Steelseries Sensei (RAW, as I am on a budget)
  • Corsair Vengeance M65
  • Roccat Kone Pure

I would've had the new Razer Deathadder Chroma but a lot of people say Razer products are overrated and poor quality, I have discarded it. Help??

If you don't need extra buttons go for the Kinzu. It's great.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

If it's perfect then good for you but you can't deny the fact that laser mice are flawed

How are they flawed? I like mine and I was just wondering

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

How are they flawed? I like mine and I was just wondering

Inherited acceleration from the sensor itself.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

Inherited acceleration from the sensor itself.

Why is that bad? I'm not that great at sensor and there technology, but what does the acceleration do?

Current 

Why is that bad? I'm not that great at sensor and there technology, but what does the acceleration do?

Essentially, depending on the speed of the motion you employ, the mouse keeps tracking virtually even when you stop moving it.

It's really annoying.

Essentially, depending on the speed of the motion you employ, the mouse keeps tracking virtually even when you stop moving it.

It's really annoying.

Oh. I haven't noticed it or bugged me so I don't mind it.

Current 

Oh. I haven't noticed it or bugged me so I don't mind it.

Yeah, depending on your mouse's sensor it's more or less noticeable but there's always some degree of acceleration on laser sensors.

Yeah, depending on your mouse's sensor it's more or less noticeable but there's always some degree of acceleration on laser sensors.

Alright. Thanks for the info, I no clue why people bashed laser. I'll continuous using my M65 unless it causes problems, I'm probably getting rgb one too in a while!

Current 

Alright. Thanks for the info, I no clue why people bashed laser. I'll continuous using my M65 unless it causes problems, I'm probably getting rgb one too in a while!

Idk, people always tend to bash something for the sake of it. As long as the mouse is decent quality, you should have no significant problems with it being laser.

But eh, I myself prefer optical for really precise stuff like photoshop, and other other apps alike, or some games but it's not really that much of a difference. 

Idk, people always tend to bash something for the sake of it. As long as the mouse is decent quality, you should have no significant problems with it being laser.

But eh, I myself prefer optical for really precise stuff like photoshop, and other other apps alike, or some games but it's not really that much of a difference.

I do photoshop work, editing, etc but mostly gaming. I guess if it works for me I good right

Current 

I do photoshop work, editing, etc but mostly gaming. I guess if it works for me I good right

Yep. I had an Habu, a G500 and I still have a Sensei Raw, they always worked great.

Thing is I really love the Kinzu. It reminds me of the IE 3.0, it's a pure simple ergonomic optical mouse straight to the point and the sensor compared to the Sensei is pretty much flawless. 

Hi,

Soon I will have my new gaming PC but, after hours of research I just cannot decide on a gaming mouse. I am 14 years old so I have small hands and it has been hard to find a good mouse which ticks all my boxes. I will play FPS games, RPG's such as Skyrim and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and general all-round games like Assassin's Creed, Alien: Isolation, etc. Here are the mice I have on my mind:

• Steelseries Rival
  • Steelseries Sensei (RAW, as I am on a budget)
  • Corsair Vengeance M65
  • Roccat Kone Pure

I would've had the new Razer Deathadder Chroma but a lot of people say Razer products are overrated and poor quality, I have discarded it. Help?

Think of the dark theme!

“Look at you soaring through the air majestically... like an eagle. Piloting a blimp.” - GLaDOS

I have tried out all of the above mentioned mice. Despite the Roccat having no acceleration, I feel like my aim improved when using the Corsair m65. The sensei is a boss, but I just really dislike the shiny metal, and its acceleration is more noticeable despite it having the same sensor as the m65. It sounds like you are going for rgb peripherals. However, I decided to return all my (8) mice and keep the Logitech g502. It really has the best sensor ever, feels great in my hand, looks hella futuristic, and performs just amazingly. The close second would be the steelseries RIVAL gaming mouse. It also has no acceleration. It has rgb though, but fingerprints really aggressively. In my opinion, the g502 is really the best gaming mouse out there right now. It makes up for the lack of RGB by the futuristic look that will make friends gape in awe.

P.S. Logitech g302 Daedalus Prime looks like it is going to be released soon. It appears on many random swedish (i think) forums.

I've used a Deathadder, SS Rival and the Logitech G502. The G502 is definitely the best mouse out of the 3 I've used. I know it's not on your list but I highly recommend taking a look at it. I personally use the RIval because of it's lower price and the RGB lighting to suit my rig better. The Rival really is an amazing mouse for the price. The switches feel extremely solid which is what you'd expect from SteelSeries and the sensor is great. The Deathadder is a very good mouse but over time the wear and tear will really affect it. The switches aren't as solid as other good quality mice.